• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Quality Manager caught me with a married co-worker outside of work... Repercussions?

Cyc

Bluelighter
Last night around 2am I went and met with a married co-worker for lunch who is working nights this week. She was walking me back to my car after her lunch, and we were standing outside the workplace, alone, holding each other closely and talking when out of nowhere our Quality Manager comes walking into work in the middle of the night. She sees us, smiles and continues inside. This manager is not a boss to either of us, but does have a big mouth and likes to talk about other people in the company.

Now my co-worker is horrified and is worried she is going to get outed, or the rumour mill will go into full production with this piece of gossip. We weren't caught kissing, but we were holding each other closely like you might see a couple doing.

What are the possible repercussions here, and should either of us worry about our jobs? Nothing has been said so far to me today. If this goes away by the end of the week, should I consider myself in the clear?

Hmmm... I guess it really depends...does your workplace have any policies about co workers dating? If not I wouldn't think your jobs would be in jeopardy, but I would worry about my reputation if something like this happened.

Hopefully the person who saw you will have enough class to just keep her mouth shut about it. That is an icky situation for sure :(

Well, as you were still on company property, you're now the proud new owner of the Top Most Gossiped About Person at Work badge. She will have told her best buddy and it'll be a cascade. But if you don't act guilty and don't get caught again, they'll get bored playing with you and go on to trash someone else. Your boss might tell you not to mess with married women on his job site, but he can't do much else.

Keep us posted.

^ Hoping this Friday.. Certainly lots of bjs..

bjs ftw btw

Nice well I don't see anything happening to you besides mabye some gossip but she is the married one who will be looked down upon by others. Your work has no real evidence you two are messing around. The woman has a right to be worried but you I wouldn't fret too much about it jist deny deny. Jist be more careful obviously and no BJs in the parking lot! Go down the road or something just not on yhe premises hehe:)

She may be too scared to even continue fooling around with you though from this experience. Its possible she will end it so her husband won't find out and so she isn't looked at like some slut. But who knows does it seem like she wants to end things?

Is it worth getting involved with a married woman? Or a co-worker? Those are two of my personal no-nos, because the fallout can predictably be quite large, but that's me anyway I guess you both must have quite strong feelings aye?

As long as neither of you are each other's supervisor/manager/boss, you won't be in any trouble with the company. If people start to gossip and it comes back to you, why don't you just play it down and act as if your Quality Manager is making a bigger deal out of it than what it actually is? The situation is only as big as you make it.

First, stop being so close in public if you don't want this to be a thing.
Second, ignore the gossip and, if anyone confronts you, just act confused. Be like "yeah I dunno I might have been talking to her then." just really casually.

Just deny everything & go to the grave that you didn't do anything :)

Tell management that the "Gossip Woman" that supposedly saw with your "Married Woman Friend" made up the rumor :D

Keep porking the wife & keep your job! High Five dude!

Just Pickin' :)

It's never good to "shit where you eat".

Since you work with her, you should just assume that everyone who both of you work with already assumes, or knows you two are both having sex. This includes your boss, and her boss since you did say the manager does like to talk.

Man, people are the scum of the earth. I fucking hate us all.

I guess it really depends...does your workplace have any policies about co workers dating?
this.
As long as neither of you are each other's supervisor/manager/boss, you won't be in any trouble with the company.
this (probably).
If people start to gossip and it comes back to you, why don't you just play it down and act as if your Quality Manager is making a bigger deal out of it than what it actually is? The situation is only as big as you make it.
this.

i find trite sayings like "don't dip your pen in the company ink" (how are you supposed to write anything at work?) and "don't shit where you sleep" (which part is shitting and which sleeping?) are just stupid. what, you're never supposed to act on attraction to a co-worker?

i think it's a bigger problem that she's married but if you want to enable somebody else's infidelity, that's your choice.

also, and purely an aside, cyc, you made specific reference (twice) to the fact that she's the "quality manager". why? i'm intrigued as to why you didn't' refer to her simply as "a coworker" or "a manager".

alasdair

421-

I can't even come up with the words to agree with you more.

Write to me if you'd like. We seem similar.

Hello Alastair-

Why do you not like clichés? They say a lot in a few words. It's when a person's whole monologue is made of clichés that it gets old.

Those were good points that Annie and Priest were making. Not wordy, but succinct.