View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Q-Tussin (generic robotussin question)

breaded

Greenlighter
Hi, I have a bottle of Q-Tussin in my bathroom which I just found. The main active ingredient is dextromethorphan but there's another called guaifenesin, which I'm not sure how that would effect me.

Also, this stuff is really old. It must have been in here for 4 years, maybe? Just stored away in the cabinet. Is this stuff still safe to drink? Should I drink it at all?

I've never tripped on DXM and I'd love to give it a shot.

Guaifenesin causes severe nausea in many people, don't drink it. Try formulations with DXM as the only active ingredient .

^I second this. DXM can make you pretty damn sick on its own. The Guaifenisin would ruin any potential positive effects from the Dextromethorphan by messing up your GI tract even more.

If you never took DXM, be sure to make an allergy test with 30-60mg first! A lot of people lack the enzymes to metabolise DXM which can result in very strong and dangerous effects even with smallish doses. For example a friend of mine was not aware of this, took 450mg and was fucked up for 4 days feeling like death including calling a doctor to his home etc. so beware.