• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Pyrazolam Megathread

Definitely! I've only had the clob' once I think, but I remember it being very mild.
Tbh I think pyrazolam is better! But maybe the existence of clobazam is the reason pyrazolam didn't get picked up...
I think clobazam has a misleading name. Makes me think of getting clobbered, which other benzos like Xanax and diazepam will do, but not so much clobazam unless you're taking fucking insane doses

Definitely! I've only had the clob' once I think, but I remember it being very mild.
Tbh I think pyrazolam is better! But maybe the existence of clobazam is the reason pyrazolam didn't get picked up...
I think clobazam has a misleading name. Makes me think of getting clobbered, which other benzos like Xanax and diazepam will do, but not so much clobazam unless you're taking fucking insane doses
Clobazam is not even noticeable in normal dosage (20 mg), like Pyrazolam (3 mg) . So in that regard they are a bit alike. But Clobazam is, on paper. a very effective med for Epilepsy.

No idea what the receptor affinity's of Pyrazolam are,.

If it is, it would likely be pH-dependent. Likely would need to be in acidic media to be soluble, like midazolam:

Most benzodiazepines tend to lack groups that confer water solubility. Midazolam apparently gets protonated at the imidazole nitrogen (ref: 10.2116/analscix.23.x143) which is why it is soluble. Presumably this would happen with alprazolam and others? And pyrazolam.
My Midazolam nosespray, the better one. Was based upon MaltoDextrine. No idea how this aids the absorption trough the nose. There were no acid's in there, just that and Saline water.

But the other one's I had were based upon BenzylAlcohol. And that ones stung like a Bee and clogged my nose up.

Thinking of giving this one a try as a functional anti-anxiety drug.

It works pretty well for that, not sloppy and disinhibited like etizolam or alprazolam. However if the dose is high enough it does eventually get sloppy.

Like all benzos it can leave you feeling sort of empty and depressed however.

A chiral methyl @ 3 (I think it's (S) doubles alcohool-like activity and reduces onset and reduces douration and reduces potency by 2 needed (0 mg)
Pyeyzolam, mynazolam and pyeyzoolam wierw fist generation.

3-methyl of like above dobles potency and halves duration more like souble potency

3-methyl pynazolam is so safe 2.5mg dose and is a fast-acting antidepressant. Take one and in 15 minutes all depession is gone.
Adding a 2'F increases potency by x10 (and with (S) 3 mthyl x20 i.e. 2mg.
2 milligram for each of the alcool mimics snd the latter has a plateau effect so it's safer.

Cost is £20000.g i.e. £2 a drink.
AA clockwork orange style milk var open 24/6 wouldv be cood.

Need someone ro incoprorate inro DNA and so reow it and it;s
legal;.

Ok had my first try with pyrazolam today. I have almost virgin tolerance to benzos so the amounts I post about are probably far less than others. Put it this way, I am glad I started with 1 mgs. (yeah I knew the 4-6 mgs suggestion was too much for me when I read that) It hit quick. Felt calm as if in a dream. If I layed down I would doze. Seems somewhat stronger than etizolam and for sure had an effect as where sometimes with a same dose of etizolam I don't feel much but if I lay down will be snoozing. Did not get any depression written about and honestly most benzos taken during the day make me feel flat and apathetic. So they all do that to me. I had planned on a few naps today though and got some in :)

Loosens inhibitions the same as xanax and etizolam for me I can't speak on duration yet. Does not seem as lingering as long as bromazolam and fades like etizolam. Just had some kratom and another 1 mgs more pre dinner just now The goal is to go in and out of sleep on the couch tonight You know, escape from this BS stressful day. But as far as only good for anxiety and not as sleepy, well that is probably more for people that use a lot of benzos. I may not be able to tell the different between xanax, ativan or pyrazolam. I know that some people can and have learned the subtle differences

On a side note as I research I read a lot of posts. And when etizolam was readily available a lot of people seemed to think it was weak, getting up to 10 + mgs a day where even that stopped working. Seemed to get some hate when it was around called overrated a lot. NOW, when we can't get it anymore the whole "pre ban" etizolam folk lore is out in full force as the greatest thing. lol I for sure think nostalgia factors in when we look at our past and drugs we can't get anymore. But as we can't get it people put it up on a pedestal. To me it was my favorite way to get a good nights sleep from a therapeutic dose. Woke up refreshed. The closest to that now is fluclotizolam. And may very well be pyrazolam too, I will know after I go to sleep.

I like the lighter, short acting benzos and my hope is a whole slew of them will be developed and available. I have no issues with this class of drugs. In fact I am not sure I could even take them 3 days in a row I need to clear my head. So occasional use has worked for years for me when needed.

Ok had my first try with pyrazolam today. I have almost virgin tolerance to benzos so the amounts I post about are probably far less than others. Put it this way, I am glad I started with 1 mgs. (yeah I knew the 4-6 mgs suggestion was too much for me when I read that) It hit quick. Felt calm as if in a dream. If I layed down I would doze. Seems somewhat stronger than etizolam and for sure had an effect as where sometimes with a same dose of etizolam I don't feel much but if I lay down will be snoozing. Did not get any depression written about and honestly most benzos taken during the day make me feel flat and apathetic. So they all do that to me. I had planned on a few naps today though and got some in :)

Loosens inhibitions the same as xanax and etizolam for me I can't speak on duration yet. Does not seem as lingering as long as bromazolam and fades like etizolam. Just had some kratom and another 1 mgs more pre dinner just now The goal is to go in and out of sleep on the couch tonight You know, escape from this BS stressful day. But as far as only good for anxiety and not as sleepy, well that is probably more for people that use a lot of benzos. I may not be able to tell the different between xanax, ativan or pyrazolam. I know that some people can and have learned the subtle differences

On a side note as I research I read a lot of posts. And when etizolam was readily available a lot of people seemed to think it was weak, getting up to 10 + mgs a day where even that stopped working. Seemed to get some hate when it was around called overrated a lot. NOW, when we can't get it anymore the whole "pre ban" etizolam folk lore is out in full force as the greatest thing. lol I for sure think nostalgia factors in when we look at our past and drugs we can't get anymore. But as we can't get it people put it up on a pedestal. To me it was my favorite way to get a good nights sleep from a therapeutic dose. Woke up refreshed. The closest to that now is fluclotizolam. And may very well be pyrazolam too, I will know after I go to sleep.

I like the lighter, short acting benzos and my hope is a whole slew of them will be developed and available. I have no issues with this class of drugs. In fact I am not sure I could even take them 3 days in a row I need to clear my head. So occasional use has worked for years for me when needed.
Yeah it sounds like the typical pyrazolam experience. It's not a benzo to know yourself to sleep with, definitely all about the anxiolitic effects rather than the drowies.

I have to say I took 1 mg at 12:00PM, then another 1 mg at 5:00PM with some kratom. For me that was too much. I do not remember the night. And I did sleep. If fact in and out of sleep. I am so glad I did not take more. So my advice for someone benzo naive like me is trying .5 pyrazolam to start. I understand why some years back there were .5 mg pills. Suggesting more than that should be taken with caution. I know people that take a lot of benzos can do 2 + mgs of this. To me I am sure that is way too much. And very happy I did not do that.

I think sometimes buzz words get taken as fact. The notion that pyrazolam is not recreational. No benzo is recreational for me. I use them as utility drugs on occasion. But pyrazolam hit quick and I for sure felt it. Just like any other benzo. :) But for people that can take a lot of benzos I can see how this does not make them as sleepy as bromazolam. But it can for sure be used for that.

Anyhow I think it is a solid benzo. I think I am going to read all of @AlsoTapered posts on the subject as there is a lot of info here.

I had one of these 0,5mg pellets that they sold years ago. Didn’t feel much because I also had 2mg diclazepam with it. Now last year I had a proper test with 2-3 of these 3mg pellets. Found it to be a rather lame benzo, much less good than simple diazepam. Guess the triazolo doesn’t go well with the pyridine ring…

I have to say I took 1 mg at 12:00PM, then another 1 mg at 5:00PM with some kratom. For me that was too much. I do not remember the night. And I did sleep. If fact in and out of sleep. I am so glad I did not take more. So my advice for someone benzo naive like me is trying .5 pyrazolam to start. I understand why some years back there were .5 mg pills. Suggesting more than that should be taken with caution. I know people that take a lot of benzos can do 2 + mgs of this. To me I am sure that is way too much. And very happy I did not do that.

I think sometimes buzz words get taken as fact. The notion that pyrazolam is not recreational. No benzo is recreational for me. I use them as utility drugs on occasion. But pyrazolam hit quick and I for sure felt it. Just like any other benzo. :) But for people that can take a lot of benzos I can see how this does not make them as sleepy as bromazolam. But it can for sure be used for that.

Anyhow I think it is a solid benzo. I think I am going to read all of @AlsoTapered posts on the subject as there is a lot of info here.
It's definitely more of an anxiolitic. I'd say it could be marketed as "Xanax lite" as it doesn't clobber you as much as any other benzos I've had, except clobazam, strangely, even though it has "clob" in the name; clobazam was really mild and disappointed me. I do like my hypnotic benzos though,
Taking large doses can feel recreational in a way, but only if you find benzos recreational. It makes anxiety evaporate.
I would recommend anyone naïve to benzos start with 0.5-1mg as well. I'd say 1mg pyrazolam is about equipotent to 1mg alprazolam, it just isn't hypnotic. It used to make me feel a bit manic, as I'd feel so free if anxiety without sedation.
Beware those that like to take benzos sublingually, though. It is water soluble which is unusual for a benzo, but it's acidic as fuck, so burns/ulcers occur if you try and take the pellets sublingually.
I used to take them plugged. 3mg plugged with 300mg dihydrocodeine was a fucking special time I remember. Please note, this could be dangerous to repeat unless you have tolerance to both opiates and benzos.

Beware those that like to take benzos sublingually, though. It is water soluble which is unusual for a benzo, but it's acidic as fuck, so burns/ulcers occur if you try and take the pellets sublingually.
I noticed with the solution of 2 mgs a ml that it is acidic and is bitter and burns. I had to look that up here to see. Etiz and bromaz don't have a taste for me. Bromaz a little sweeter but mild. Alpraz and diazepam are bitter. But pyrazolam was pungent. So I can see that. It did taste like battery acid.

Last edited:
I found 20mg of clobazam and 1mg of pyrazolam to be a VERY potent anxiolytic. I guess that it's because the mixture of a 1,4-benzodiazepine (pyrazolam) and a 1,5-benzodiazepine (clobazam) means that the combination acts on many more GABA subunits. It still wasn't hypnotic but it I was too chilled out to even roll up a cig (not like me).

If people don't know, researchers have produced the triazolo derivatives of clobazam (and it's 7-nitro analogue). I can honestly see someone producing something like:

1-methyl-8-nitro-6-phenyl-4H-[1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,5]benzodiazepin-5(6H)-one

Which is about 20 times more potent as clobazam. The chemistry is a bit more involved but the 1 report I have suggest that 1mg was as potent as 10mg of diazepam. It was also said to be quite euphoric BUT one report does not really tell us much - expectation can be important.

Yeah it sounds like the typical pyrazolam experience. It's not a benzo to know yourself to sleep with, definitely all about the anxiolitic effects rather than the drowies.
Wait till you have taken Clobazam, when that was available. Even a whole pill you notice nothing like the general benzo's. But even less then Pyrazolam, I could feel a bit sleepy on that. Not Clobazam.

It's kind of interesting that clobazam has an activity ceiling. The maximum adult dose is 40mg/day which is supposed to produce anxiolytic (but not hypnotic) action equal to around 20mg/day of diazepam.

In fact in the 1970s researchers tried treating children who suffered from Lennox-Gastaut syndrome what was termed 'superthereputic' doses of clobazam. It was noted that their was no improvement in symptoms but their was also no increase in side-effects (sedation, hypersomnia, ataxia, amnesia and so on).

Now, nobody has identified WHY clobazam demonstrates a ceiling effect but it may simply be that at 40mg/day receptor occupancy approaches 100% and/or because clobazam is a low efficacy ligand. It's worth noting that from the late 1970s until the early 1980s an Italian team studied the QSAR of the 1,5-benzodiazepines and substitution of the 7-chloro with a 7-nitro doubled the activity of the drug in a similar manner to the same substitution in 1,4-benzodiazepines (i.e. diazepam --> nimetazepam). Further research showed that addition of a triazolo ring (e.g. nordiazepam --> alprazolam) increased potency but did not remove the activity ceiling.

Oh, and '2 substituents did NOT increase activity (unlike the 1,4-benzodiazepines eg. diazepam-->fludiazepam).

In short, it appears that it's possible to produce a 1,5-benzodiazepine which is as active as diazepam but thus far nobody has been able to find an example which does not have a ceiling in it's effects. That said, it it's possible to emulate the effects of 40mg of diazepam/day then I suggest that it still represents a reasonable target.

I should also mention that mixing clobazam with diazepam (for example) seems to produce pronounced sedation with potent anxiolytic effects. I'm presuming that this is because the 2 drugs combined have significant affinity for 12 different GABAa receptor subtypes. I admit I only got to try the mixture once but the subjective effects seemed far more than simply additive.

It's kind of interesting that clobazam has an activity ceiling. The maximum adult dose is 40mg/day which is supposed to produce anxiolytic (but not hypnotic) action equal to around 20mg/day of diazepam.
Over here it' s 80 mg/ day for adults. But due to shortages it not available.

But how comes all benzo's seem a bit alike, while this one is the oddball. Epeleptic's can get it as co-med. It was a godsend on some occassion's. But I never noticed anything resembling a benzo signature. But it did enable me to recoup sign's of upcoming insult's.

Wow, really? I've actually tried taking 900mg of clobazam at once and the side-effects were no greater than those delivered by 40mg/day. Sure, the duration of action was MUCH longer because even after days, their was still more than the ceiling dose in my body.

I have posted hotlinks to the papers that demonstrated the ceiling in a pretty robust manner. Maybe it's some specific condition (not identified in the 70s) that benefits from 80mg/day but that makes it a great drug - the side effects have a much lower ceiling than the activity... which is something I've only seen in PARTIAL agonists. So that's a useful insight for me, thank you @emkee_reinvented

While studying the design of the alcohol mimic, we had several novel compounds called 'the supercats' (because our novel 1,4-benzodiazopines were named after our cats (Sniper = pyrazolam, Lettie = Pynazolam & Sally = pyeyzolam) so any intercepted E-mails wouldn't identify what was being discussed. I thought it silly, but Nutt insisted).

So top-left is our precursor (clobazam). There are name-reactions to concert the 7-Cl to a nitro (Friedel-Craft) or an ethynyl (Suzuki coupling) in 1-pot techniques, we didn't need a good yield or worry about side-reactions because preparative chromatography was used in all cases and if it cost $2000 to buy 500 grams of clobazam, it saved >$2000 in designing and optimizing a specific route.

Now nitrazam was certainly more sedating but of more interest was that it wasn't a potent seorotonin-releasing agent as pynazolam proved to be. Etylazam WAS alcohol-like. Importantly, it was able to mimic slight intoxication. The big problem wasn't that pyeyzolam wasn't good at simulating alcohol intoxication.. the problem that it was TOO good. If a person swallowed 20mg (as a 1mg/mL solution) their was barely an effect... but if that same person swallowed 30mg a week later (to ensure first dose has been entirely excreted) then they would be VERY 'drunk'.

But then we did get interested in finding out if it were possible to produce a more active version of etylazam. So we produced the triazolo derivative of clobazam and it proved to be around x4 more potent - not the x10 exhibited in the 1,4-benzodiazepines. But subjectively the product was very similar to clobazam, a reduced duration of action due to it being excreted unchanged.

Now we did then swap the halide for an ethynyl to make pyeyzam. I never got to see the instrumental data on that one. I was just sent a 1.5L plastic bottle with the legend 'Super Sally - 1mg/ml + 3mL/mL' which proved to be a superb base for cocktails. A phone-call confirmed that it should simply be treated like any clear alcoholic spirit.

Then we ran into the financial hurdles. We HAD a product that accurately simulated all of the positive effects (relaxation, increased happiness, reduction in anxiety, disinhibition and so on) of alcohol without any of the negative effects (mood lability, increased aggression, retrograde amnesia, anteriorgrade amnesia, nausea, ataxia, increased urination leading to dehydration, loss of judgement & so on). As far as alcohol's effects on the brain, (almost) all of the positive effects are mediated by the a5 subunit and (almost) all of the negative effects by the a1 subunit.

That's because pyeyzolam is a5b1y2 selective while pyeyzam is a5b2y2 and a5b3y2 selective - the mixture of two compounds produced a drug that was overall LESS selective but importantly, avoided a1 activity which seems to be a key element in physical dependence of alcohol developing as well as some of the negative effects alcohol causes.

But then we reached the position where, even when we provided our boss with the estimates for the cost of developing the mixture, it proved to be a difficult problem. Because the only legal way to introduce a mind-altering drug we knew of was to have it licenced as a medicine, any mixture would double the risks, double the costs and potentially double the time. Our aim was simply to get it accepted as a medicine to treat dependent alcohol users. We even found that Tipplersbane mushrooms contain a natural compound that is an aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor which we intended to add as in effect, it's action is like that of Antabuse (disulfiram). It felt like we had it and it would all become easier after three years of hard work.

After a few months were informed that financially, we HAD to find a single compounds that would substitute for the 2 candidates we had already found. That was a shock. The earlier stuff was all based on the research of others (who are cited in the patent) but this was something for which their was no known scaffold that would allow for a selectivity but had no beta selectivity.

We spent about 6 months researching all the papers that used the kavalactones and various other natural intoxicants first to find the subset whose effects were mediated by GABA activity and then we went through every paper and patent that dealt with anxiolytics, hypnotics and even anti-epileptics. We kept on expanding and expanding the search... it started to look like their was no evidence that such selectivity and activity was possible with a single candidate.

Wow, really? I've actually tried taking 900mg of clobazam at once and the side-effects were no greater than those delivered by 40mg/day. Sure, the duration of action was MUCH longer because even after days, their was still more than the ceiling dose in my body.
Checked it in '98 it was 40 mg max. In the newest edition 80 mg a day max, for Epeleptic's. Best benzo concerning side effect's totally unlike Clonazepam I think or any other benzo I know.

To bad there is a shortage, and dr's see it as abuseable. they accused me of abusing them. A addiction dr. stopped the script my Neurologist didn't object. So back to RC's, Pyrazolam being one of em.
Till I rediscovered Mulungu.

Last edited:

I have posted hotlinks to the papers that demonstrated the ceiling in a pretty robust manner. Maybe it's some specific condition (not identified in the 70s) that benefits from 80mg/day but that makes it a great drug - the side effects have a much lower ceiling than the activity... which is something I've only seen in PARTIAL agonists. So that's a useful insight for me, thank you @emkee_reinvented
In'98 40 mg a day was the max, today 80 mg. For Epeleptic's. But as a benzo unique not like any other Benzo.

But thanks for Pyrazolam, AlsoTapered a gem.
But in my possesion is now a bag of Mulungu which besides the being best sleepaid ime. Its also a better anti-convulsant then Diazepam.

I tried 80mg again... nope, no more sedating or anxiolytic than 40mg... it just meant I didn't need to take any more for two days. But as I said - it it's even more active at 80mg.day but produces no more 'side effects' then that is a great thing.