• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Pyrazolam Megathread

Ah, okay, I didn't realise that question isn't allowed, so will edit. Certainly within the range I've taken it, effects ramp up with dosage, as you'd expect, and it is possible to become sleepy on a regular dose. (Most I've done in one go is ~1.5mg.) However, it's not what I'd use if encountering anxiety on stims or trying to get to sleep after a sesh. It's main advantage (to me) is that it can be used for a very light effect. As someone who gets a lot of anxiety, I'd rather use very occasionally and lightly (so almost close to placebo) so as not to become reliant.
Smart.

Due to Alcohol abuse my tolerance to GABA-ergic's raised sky high. Consequensis of an bad habit. In the ER after my first insult. I had the equivalent of 100 mg Diazepam in my blood and good to walk to my room by myself, in a straight line. While during Detox though 20 mg Diazepam floored me, the protocol was 20 x 20 x 40 mg which I got halved next day?

But normally on 3 mg Pyrazolam or 20 mg Clobazam a walk in the park is no problemo. Even 20 mg Midazolam didn't make me sleepy when I was at the height of my sleeping problem's. Take them on the bed my dr. said, I went out for a nightly walk. The Benzo's that hit me the hardest are those with sedative, hypnotic and muscle relaxing effects. Like Oxazepam, Diazepam and NorFlurazepam a.o.

Pyrazolam does have a ceiling but it's rather high. About 20mg. Take more and the (quite potent) effects simply last longer. 100mg, for example,, lasted around 5 days.

Don't forget, pyrazolam doesn't undergo metabolism - it's excreted unchanged to the more pertinent question is 'how fast can the body excrete pyrazolam'?

Pyrazolam couldn't be detected after 24 hours - no metabolites you see. It was simply distributed to the brain initially and then redistributed throughout the body (as LogP decrees). The LogP of pyrazolam was kept low on purpose - so the body could remove it 'as is'.
I tend to agree with this guy. ;) Of course probably dose dependent. But .5 mgs it probably is out of the body at 24 hours. Maybe the larger the dose the longer the half life.

Recently I had posted about trying pyrazolam. But something really struck me as too important to not address. It could be internet banter, reddit crap or whatever, but people are saying there has been no pyrazolam in a few years and anything we get today is not pyrazolam. Now I can say what I bought hit quick, lasted not too long and was not sedative at all unless I sat down and shut my eyes. But seems a lot of Reddit know it allss say we are getting something other than pyrazolam. Turns out a few people tested a few vendors powders and it came back as bromazolam or bromonordiazepam. I can say what I had was not like bromazolam at all. And I understand bromonordiazepam takes a while to hit and lasts a day. And honestly if what I had was not pyrazolam then whatever it was that enabled me to work one day in a decent stress free mood without being drowsy was good. If it is not pyrazolam a vendor should come clean as it was a decent benzo.

But what all this says to me is I had always wondered about some vendors. When someone describes FXE we realize it may not be that chemical. But we have megathreads of people describing the effects of the substance they bought. I guess this all goes back to the quality we all deserve and sometimes the crap we get fed. I mean I assume vendors are out to make money. Why would they care about correct labeling or quality.

For me I never bought RC's. I was always gifted them from people that were in the know and already vetted it. My little pyrazolam purchase was on my own, and when I finally do something on my own I am hearing it is not real. So we either have know it alls on reddit calling everyone dumb for thinking they have pyrazolam or it truly is not being made today. I can't tell where the truth is.

It's synthesis is too complex. It took 18 attempts to perfect just the amine --> thioamide step.

When flubromazolam is an order of magnitude more potent, why make pyrazolam? The whole point of pyrazolam was it was just a safer anxiolytic. It was never meant to be used to get high.

I took a silly amount because it was my project.

Pynazolam and pyeyzolam are more interesting.

It's synthesis is too complex. It took 18 attempts to perfect just the amine --> thioamide step.
Yes that is the banter I am reading. And expensive. So to that I say whatever I had should be made public. It was good. I can not put that into any of the other categories of benzos. It was not bromazolam (no placebo effect) but i also never had any of the other ones that were just banned besides etizolam. I doubt a vendor would use those and it seems the others were very long lasting.

Who knows, maybe it was pyrazolam. I just wanted to address the ideas about some of the substances and effects we post about. I had always wondered if everyone always gets what they think they bought. And also makes me wonder if I should delete my posts although people post about a drug without testing it. But we should be aware that we may not have what we think.

Last edited:
It was specifically designed to be less abusable and less dependence-forming than other benzos. You didn't miss anything special.

It was specifically designed to be less abusable and less dependence-forming than other benzos. You didn't miss anything special.
What I had for sure had abusable qualities. ;) Not so much for me but anything that hits quick without sedation would be abusable for someone.

Thanks AT-2, I was wondering if you had suspicions and you did earlier in the thread. I mean unless we test any drug we get we can never be 100% sure. Just something to be aware of.

Well nothing special in is how you look at it. As I find it a very valuelable benzo because of it's lack of to much sedative or cognitive effect's. If I had the choice Clobazam would be perfect, Pyrazolam is a close second one. Just ordered it.

Well nothing special in is how you look at it. As I find it a very valuelable benzo because of it's lack of to much sedative or cognitive effect's. If I had the choice Clobazam would be perfect, Pyrazolam is a close second one. Just ordered it.

I agree. We wanted to explore the QSAR or many related compounds and since pyrazolam is made from bromazepam, it was the easiest place to start. the nitro homologue, pynazolam has a really unexpected action in increasing extra cellular serotonin levels so it's a very prompt-acting anxiolytic with robust antidepressant activity. A nice detail is that unlike every other nitrobenzodiazepine, the aromatic nitro moiety isn't reduced so no toxic metabolite (toxic compared to other benzodiazepine metabolites).

Then pyeyzolam is a very selective a1b1y2 PAM and I will be blunt - it makes you drunk. It isn't potent but we worked up to 30mg and it feels like a couple of bottles of wine. But unlike alcohol it doesn't cause amnesia, mood lability, aggression and loss of executive function. Nobody is going to take pyeyzolam and pick a fight, go on a crying jag or forget what they did while under the incluance.

We did actually produce pysazolam which replaces the 8-ethynyl moiety with a trimethylsilyl moiety. In animal models this was also a5b1y3 selective and apparently similar to pyeyzolam but it was more toxic.

Could we have done more? Well the pseudohalogens might have been interesting but the things we sought were:

1)Selective a1b1y2 PAM
2)Selective a5b1y2 PAM
3)Selective a2/a3b1y2 PAM.

So we were lucky in that with this class of compound, the in-silico modelling worked.

I should add that the giant in the field of mapping EVERY SINGLE different subtype of the benzodiazepine site of the GABA receptor was carried out over 20+ years by one Professor James T. Cook at MCU. He's forgotten more than I will ever know. He did a lot of work and it makes an interesting read.

Thank's for inventing some very interesting compounds. Pynazolam and Pyeyzolam never became available to me, but I would def try them. Probably with great expectation's, after your post. "Long shot, kick it it bucket".

Why wasn't any exploration done on the -Zam's.
"Long shot fail"? Pagoclone was a fail. I tried it, no Ethanol replacement.

Listining old=scool ska : The Pioneers,

Last edited:
I do hope you get the chance to try them. I am informed that someone in another nation is now perfecting their own pynazolam synthesis and presuming they do, you will be able to give your opinion. For me it was the antidepressant activity. I wondered if doctors could prescribe it's short term use in people suffering clinical depression. Just to span the time it takes for more conventional antidepressants to work.

I would guess 5mg [TID] as it improves mood but isn't euphoric per se. Not perfect but of utility to doctors (well, patients).

I do hope you get the chance to try them. I am informed that someone in another nation is now perfecting their own pynazolam synthesis and presuming they do, you will be able to give your opinion. For me it was the antidepressant activity. I wondered if doctors could prescribe it's short term use in people suffering clinical depression. Just to span the time it takes for more conventional antidepressants to work.

I would guess 5mg [TID] as it improves mood but isn't euphoric per se. Not perfect but of utility to doctors (well, patients).
Due to some Epileptic insults i got slight acces to Clobazam and found it very special.

Never abused it, it suppossedly has a ceiling to the effect's. But for a Benzo it was so different that it would deserve some more analogue's, just to see where it possibility's lie..