• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PWD Precipitated Withdrawal after 4 day Fentanyl binge?

ThreeDice456

Greenlighter
So ive been trying to get off fent. Last week i stopped taking, waited about 48 hrs from last dose and then started microdosing bupe. It worked good no PWD and actually reduced symptoms, problem was i only had 1 sub. And wasnt long enough to get me over the entire acute wd. After i ran out i ended up doing fent (on 4th day now) i now have a bunch more bupe but am wondering was 4 days long enough to get PWD when i jump back on the bupe? Do i have to wait until im super sick again to dose the bupe, or will i be ok to wait less because its only 4 days? Im also saving a little bit of fent in case i do get thrown back but i really just want this shit to be over with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

To be safe, I would do what you did last time - wait 48 hours and then start microdosing the bupe. Depending on how much you did each day, I’d imagine 4 days of straight fent use is bound to make it stick on you receptors for at least a few days. It’s def possible for you to go into PWD after waiting only 48 hours if you take a big bupe dose all at once. If you’re microdosing onto the bupe (really small doses like .5mg every hour or so) you can start that process at 24 hours rather than waiting 48.

No no no no no no no no bn no b no b To be safe, I would do what you did last time - wait 48 hours and then start microdosing the bupe. Depending on how much you did each day, I’d imagine 4 days of straight fent use is bound to make it stick on you receptors for at least a few days. It’s def possible for you lol to go into PWD after waiting only 48 hours if you take a big bupe dose all at once. If you’re microdosing ionto the bupe (really small doses like .5mg every hour or so) you can start that process at 24 hours rather than waiting 48.
Thanks, that sounds like solid advice. Waiting 24 hrs is alot easier than doing 48 all over again.

Thanks, that sounds like solid advice. Waiting 24 hrs is alot easier than doing 48 all over again.

I know man. @ThreeDice456 It's pretty hard, but you've done it before so you know you're capable of doing it again. Do the safest thing and just repeat what worked last time. It sounds like you have it in hand. If you need to chat, feel free to hit me up. I've spent too many hours of my life watching the clock waiting for phones to turn on or checks to clear. I know the game well and the memories are so vivid it's as if it was yesterday. It can be done. I know how it feels when you decide to go another direction. You've got all your junkie friends waiting (hoping) for you to fail, as it makes them feel better about their situation. You have the people who have been sober for 10 years and they seem like they're a different race or species, You have to exist in a completely unfamiliar world, without your old buddy dope to get your through long enough to develop some pride. That doesn't take long. You'll have some by the time you get to 48 hours and if there's nobody in your life to tell you you're amazing, @Keif' Richards from Bluelight is sitting here in his little office praying for you to succeed.

Prepare for corn:

The greatest Opiate I have in my life is seeing people break free and knowing that they're living life. We are all connected in this world. Our actions reverberate in ways that we could never hope to understand. As addicts, we tend to believe our actions are unseen, personal and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I don't know who or what God is, but I sure as hell feel a tingling in my soul when people tell me they got their kids back or more so, that they're happy. It's a feeling that doesn't come with any strings attached.

I believe you can do it.

Although there’s a possibility you still have a little bupe in your system due to its long half-life, I’d agree with starting with very small dose n see what happens.

If you’d been on subs consistently and not just one, you’d be fine due to build up…

But since that’s not the case, I would take the tiniest piece possible and see what happens. Best case— no issues. Worst case, you get a little uncomfortable but nit full blown as minuscule dose + you undoubtedly have some sub in your system. The question is — is it enough to prevent pwd?

Unfortunately the only way to find out is to … try and find out. Too many variables and everyone is different. Heck sometimes the same person doesn’t have the same experience at different times.

I can relate.

I personally got off the fentadope about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I went cold turkey for about 7 days. (About day 3 I realized how much longer than a straight dope kick it was going to be and I signed up online thru Ophelia to get a sub script. Side note— excellent experience and basically free in US if you have medical assistance. Anyone can PM me if interested I’d be glad to tell about my experience but don’t want to go off topic) )

I dosed like 10 mg loperamide a day during those 7 days. And between that and the fent still showing in my system I was scared of PWD also

The 8th day, soon as I got the script, I took the absolute tiniest piece I could cut of a strip and waited 20 min. Felt fine. ( I was too damn sick still to bother with volumetric dosing. )

Then took 1 mg. Felt …. Somewhat better

I went up to 4 mg first day ( 1 mg doses like an hour apart) and felt amazing

I’ve been maintaining on 2-4 mg a day. Usually 1 mg doses; no more than 2mg st a time ever.

I feel great. Honestly, even a little buzz after dosing— like the opiate energy I used to get from actual dope and never got with the Philly area fentadope.

I was doing both the fentadope and smoking crack daily for about a year n a half ( although I have an extensive history, including both long stretches of use and long stretches of clean time). I had zero issues inducting using a micro dose to test the waters.

I still tested positive for fent 2 weeks after last use. So I’m glad I didn’t keep going cold turkey cause after 7 days it showed no sign of letting up.

Anyway, you got this.

Yeah same shit happened to me last month, 9 days in i still barely slept. Ended up relapse because i didn’t have anything to help. Today i started the subs tho, probably about .5 mg at a time and then i did the rest of the fetty i had just to put my mind at ease. Only halfway felt it because i already had a couple mgs of sub in me. Now im on my way tho

Great. If you did even .5 and had no problem you’re absolutely fine and don’t need anymore fent (unless that’s your choice and want it. But you no longer NEED it)

Do the same today. Dose 0.5 or 1 mg at a time at least 15 min apart til you’re comfortable

I personally like 1 mg or a little less, (sometimes I eyeball cutting n don’t measure exact )at about 2 hr intervals. Sometimes I dose 2mg sometimes up to 4 mg but never more as I feel great at these doses. Having some understanding of bupe mechanism, I don’t want more as I’d prefer to not activate kappa receptor.

And I’m probably not even getting the full amount as I don’t let it dissolve and sit the 15 min I was recommended. I tend to take a drink of water within 3-5 min cause I get thirsty so probably am lucky to actually get half of what i dose.

Probably why I feel an opiate energy daily off these. For me it makes me not want to use as with the fent I never got that and that’s the part of opiates I loved

You really do got this.

If you need anything or need to vent or talk I’m here. I work FT now but I’ll pop in n out

The bupe kind of didn’t work yesterday, i was like halfway in withdrawal but i took a gabapentin to get some sleep and now im up and feeling a little better. Sometimes they take a couple days to fully work if you dont wait long enough. Yeah thats what i did, took about 4mg total yesterday at .5 increments, today I’ll probably only take 2mg. I appreciate the good words. Much respect

I know man. @ThreeDice456 It's pretty hard, but you've done it before so you know you're capable of doing it again. Do the safest thing and just repeat what worked last time. It sounds like you have it in hand. If you need to chat, feel free to hit me up. I've spent too many hours of my life watching the clock waiting for phones to turn on or checks to clear. I know the game well and the memories are so vivid it's as if it was yesterday. It can be done. I know how it feels when you decide to go another direction. You've got all your junkie friends waiting (hoping) for you to fail, as it makes them feel better about their situation. You have the people who have been sober for 10 years and they seem like they're a different race or species, You have to exist in a completely unfamiliar world, without your old buddy dope to get your through long enough to develop some pride. That doesn't take long. You'll have some by the time you get to 48 hours and if there's nobody in your life to tell you you're amazing, @Keif' Richards from Bluelight is sitting here in his little office praying for you to succeed.

Prepare for corn:

The greatest Opiate I have in my life is seeing people break free and knowing that they're living life. We are all connected in this world. Our actions reverberate in ways that we could never hope to understand. As addicts, we tend to believe our actions are unseen, personal and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I don't know who or what God is, but I sure as hell feel a tingling in my soul when people tell me they got their kids back or more so, that they're happy. It's a feeling that doesn't come with any strings attached.

I believe you can do it.
Thank you my brotha

Yeah I think in a way I got lucky inducting cause I waited the 7 days

Not entirely by choice, like I said I was planning to kick til I realized how much longer fent would take. A friend told me 12 days later he still couldn’t sleep — even being given Thorazine in addition to whatever else. Nothing would knock him out. N we we’re doing the same stuff / smaller city so most is linked

I kicked methadone cold turkey from about 50 mg in 2002 but was locked up n had no choice. Took 32 days to feel completely normal and about 2 weeks in til I had even the smallest bit of energy. I did not want that kind of wd again.

But I think me waiting that long put me into a window period where the bupe helped a lot even tho I still had fent in my system

All I can say to you is try n see how you feel and of course if you need to then add the fent. Ideally you should be dropping the amount of fent daily if you’re using a Bernese method variant

Hope you feel better today