• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe PWD help! Used dope after missing sub clinic. Am I OK tomorrow for supervised dose?

tacodude

Bluelighter
I missed the suboxone clinics hours today so went the day without my 3 four mg doses. My last shot of dope was around 10-10:30 .... My first dose when I pick up is supervised of course so am I at risk of developing precipitated withdrawals if I give it twelve hours will I be OK as far as precipitated w/d.... I've been on it for a week so far so I assume metabolite is still built up even though I felt the dope.

So to reiterate been using subs a few days over a week, last sub dose was 1 mg IV this morning around 7 where the dope was at 8-10:30 tonight about a gram of low quality tar that usually takes .25-.5 where I've never gotten close to a rush unless I'm sick where 0.25 can and 0.5 isn't that much more of a rush so it's to be cut 10% or less and tomorrow after 10 probably around that time. Am I at risk of causing precipitated withdrawals or should I be able to switch back to bupe without issue? If it leads to PWD I should be able to reverse it with a quarter gram dose of the same super cut dope?

Answers ASAP please!!!!!!

When I was on subs, I did a lot of switching back and forth. PWD's were an issue if I took the sub too soon, but it sounds like you've got plenty of time.

Your quarter gram won't do shit thought. Buprenorphine binds to the receptors a lot stronger than dope does, which causes a blockade effect. I've wasted literally thousands and thousands of dollars trying to blast through the blockade with very little success. But I wouldn't worry about it - 12 hours should be plenty of time - your last dose is still lingering in your system, all the new dose will likely do is stamp out whatever remaining high you might have.

Where are you that you get suboxone IV'ed? You must mean just buprenorphine, not the buprenorphine/naltrexone mix that' suboxone?

Yes I used the suboxone film strip (with nalaxone, which is completely different from naltrexone that is not used with suboxone) not to get high, but top turn a 1 mg piece of strip into an equivalent of 4 mg sublingual, which is my stabilized dose. I highly advise against shooting the strips especially without a micron filter as 3x filters only gets rid of orange color yet still is clouded enough to not read the markings through it. Do not IV without micron filter and really just don't inject the suboxone strips while the tablets are also dangerous although probably safer when micro filters are used.

If I use the quarter tomorrow it would be to combat PWD if it happens although I doubt it will. Still better to be safe than sorry while if I am safe I'll be saving the last quarter until I choose to probably after a dose of L or something.

666ras please make sure you are posting correct info when you post... Besides a few things in this post I've seen you around the board making careless statements as fact when it is not. Please do some more research or state that you aren't sure if what you say is correct or not and just your best educated guess. You need to understand to I'm not trying to get "high," but manage pain and keep my dependency stable until my pains gone so even though the dope effect was "diminished" I found it to especially relieve my pain while also get me a fair bit high... No rush even with IV, but I don't care about that just the increased bioavailability. Not everyone here is using drugs to "get high"

666ras is right, I have been on suboxone (the films) for 4 years now at 8mgs daily and sometimes on fridays Ill use dope. On these days that I choose to use D, ill do it all day long just blasting bags, obviously not taking any suboxone.

I ALWAYS do my last shot of D before 12am, so usually the day of using will end around like 11pm or something. I go to sleep, then like 9 or 10 hours later I wake up, then I usually wait another hour or 2... then I take my normal suboxone dose and go on about my day.

Yes, some people can get away with only waiting 12 hours, some cannot. I never risk taking it before 24hrs, so I would suggest doing whatever you can to wait.. maybe do some dope at 10am, and go to the clinic the next day?

- Hopeless Soul

HS the only reason I used was because I missed the hours at the clinic and needed my refill. I couldn't go to the hospital of course as they don't care the understanding is I'm on it for pain management and would treat me like a drug addict who doesn't need the bupe and just wants to "feelgoods, get high" instead of dealing with pain and gastrointestinal issues that for some reason I am getting that left me in so much pain I missed going to the fucking clinic. I was not going to let myself end up in pain all night so I relapsed as bupe is weird for me... I get only 6-10 hours of pain relief even if major withdrawals don't set in quickly while I also have the runs at dosing time.

So yea I'm not nodding off what would have me nodding, but I'm not in pain and if I wasn't addicted to BL I would've been passed the fuck out for a while.... I'm actually going to do that now before it's too late.

Everyone is different. I can usually get away with 12 +/- hours but I know someone who can't even get away with it after 24 hours. I would consider using the COWS scale to make sure you're deep enough into WD to safely take the sub. If you're not deep enough by the time you have to dose, maybe try 7nos's advice? I wouldn't rely on dope to reverse PW., the only thing you can do once PW starts is to grit your teeth and ride it out. Even taking more bupe after a couple hours is better than trying to fix it with dope. The first dose of Bupe knocked the remaining dope off your receptors but hasn't bound to them yet. Introducing more Bupe wont make it worse, just add to the amount of Bupe available to bind to your naked receptor sites. I would personally use more dope at 10ish and give myself a good 24 hours before my next Bupe dose. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather suffer the mild symptoms that happen at the beginning of WD than be instantly thrown into SEVERE symptoms for 4 + hours.

The pain relieving effect of Bupe only lasts for approx. 6-8 hours.
( http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns/2010_presentations_pdf/43_Heit_508.pdf )

I'm not sure what the laws and availability look like in your area but perhaps even the Bupe patch would be better? It's a low-dose Bupe patch that last longer and the risk of diversion is considered much lower so you might be able to avoid daily clinic dosing.?. It's dosed in micrograms, which is actually the optimum dosing for the maximum effects of analgesia from Bupe. Just a thought.

For future reference, IV Bupe is only about 3x's stronger than sublingual.

- Sublingual bioavailability = 30%
( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9048270 )

-Intravenous Bioavailability = 98%

1mg. IV = 3.2667mg. sublingually

Hope it works out for you, whatever you decide.

Hmm that pain relief every 4-6 hours is interesting. I think that will come in handy although now I'm at 4mg 4x a day, which is a lot of bupe a day for honestly minimal relief. I so hate bupe

Edit: 5 mcg bupe didn't help in the past and it sure won't now

Edit 2: it lists hydromorphone for breakthrough? I'm assuming oxymorphone is higher affinity that hydromorphone?

look, the precipitated withdrawals really only occur in my experience once you're body has readjusted to a full agonist, so you can probably dose your four milligrams no problem in the am, it's only when you go on a bender usually that you'll find yourself having to worry about precipitated withdrawals.