• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Putting together a kit of chems that may come in handy while high.

boti420

Bluelighter
So basically throughout all the years of experimenting with psychoactives I've found that there are pharmaceuticals which can be a godsend to have on hand while using. For example I ALWAYS have benzodiazepines on hand when using psychedelics. That’s just one example out of many situations where having certain pharms have either made the experience much better as well as times where I wished I had something available to deal without the situation might’ve been. So I’ve decided to go ahead and put together a drug users med kit. I'm gonna list what I plan on getting for this kit and why, but mainly I’m looking for suggestions on what else I should add to my list.

Benzodiazepines - tool for sedation, anxiety, etc... Benzos I consider to be probably the most useful pharmaceutical there is. While it definitely has recreational use I consider it a tool more than a drug of abuse. It’s great for when your too stimulated by, well, stimulants. It’s also super handy for coming down after a psychedelic trip and it’s also vital if you’re tripping too hard.

Risperdal/Seroquel/olanzapine - these antipsychotics have a direct action on serotonin receptors. While I have never personally tried this I have read a ton of literature saying that these antipsychotics will directly abort a psychedelic trip quickly to their action on serotonin. While most bad or intense trips can be dealt with using nothing more than some benzos there still can be situations where benzos do not have the desired effect and the psychedelic crisis is at the point where aborting the trip becomes necessary. these antipsychotics come with a long list of unpleasant side effects so should only be used as a last result when the situation is such that the benefits of stopping a trip outweigh the negative side effects. So if they really do have the power to stop a serotoningenic psychedelic then they absolutely should be on hand.

Guanfacine - This one may seem like a very odd choice, but I have found it to be useful. As an alpha agonist it seems to have the ability to chill a person out some if they become too tweaked out on stimulants. While benzos do the same thing I've found that Guanfacine focuses more on the direct physical effects of stimulants. It’s also useful for the comedown and even has some positive effects during opioid withdrawal.

Zyrtec - an antihistamine, its main purpose is to alleviate the histamine release effects that opioids tend to have.

Urine acidifying/alkalizing agent - This is for amphetamine use. If you want the amphetamine to wear off quicker than something that will acidify your urine will drastically speed up its elimination from your body. For the opposite effect if you want the amphetamine to be stronger or last longer than you want something to alkalize your urine. I could use some suggestions on these two items. I have used orange juice to alkalize the urine and coca cola to acidify the urine. they seem to work, but what I need is something in pill form that will have this effect.

Naloxone - opioid overdose antidote. Self-explanatory.

Flumentazil - benzodiazepine overdose antidote.

Antacid such as TUMS - this is to alkalize your stomach as many medications get absorbed significantly better in an alkaline stomach.

cimetidine - inhibits a very vital liver enzyme (3A4 I believe of the top of my head) that metabolizes many many drugs so by inhibiting the enzyme you potentiate the drug.

Pregabalin- good ole Lyrica. Personally I consider this the 2nd most useful pharmaceutical tool after benzos. It seems to potentiate sedatives/opioids, drugs of that nature while on the other hand it tends to even out and calm down the side effects of stimulant drugs. It’s sort of a jack of all trades in that it combines greatly with other drugs in a way that makes for a better high.

Anyways that’s most of the pharms I’ve decided to put into my kit, well at least the ones I remember off the top of my head at the moment. I think this should give you a good idea of what I’m looking for hear. So I’d really appreciate it if anyone has any other suggestions based on what you’ve found in your experiences to be useful. Thanks.

Cyproheptadine would be my 1st suggestion. It's a full 5HT-2a antagonist and might be of use if a trip needs to be shut down. I always keep some around when I trip, but I've never needed it.