• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Push ups and Pull ups during the last says of withdrawal?

Nah just lay there and don't do anything whatsoever to improve your situation.. Listen to him, he's a doctor! Might as well just sit on your ass and take some more opiates to stave away the sick. I mean, medically that's the opinion right? Controlled taper and all that. /s

Darn straight pushups and pullups will help. So will things like swimming, hot/cold showers in rapid succession, good foods like yogurt and honey, the list goes on... Just basically all the healthy stuff you've avoided or deprived yourself of, start it up again in slow succession. The shock to the system is actually what pulls one out of the psychological wd quicker Imo, like layers of an onion type of thing. That is if you're in good health, other than the wd syndrome.

^^This. Addicted individuals usually deprive their bodies of exercise, nutrients and healthy living. You need to get your body working normally to fix your brain chemistry. If you're physically unhealthy you'll never get better mentally.

I don't know about the last day, but DURING [OPIATE/OPIOID] W/D it is BEST TO STAY ACTIVE!! AS IT HELPS TRICK YOUR BODY BACK INTO MAKING IT'S OWN NATURAL OPIOIDS so that YOUR OPIOID RECEPTORS HEAL FASTER!... I HATE WHEN PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE "CLEANSING" THEIR SYSTEM or PURGING IT from OPIOIDS IN THE BODY when that IS THE PROBLEM THAT THERE ARE NO OPIOIDS IN YOUR SYSTEM TO FEED THAT NEED! sry for the run-on...
FOR THOSE STARTING TO GET OFF OPIOIDS/OPIATES, ESPECIALLY METHADONE... JOIN A GYM, n IF U HAVE THE CASH, SMOKE TONS N TONS OF WEED!!!! ALSO TAKE KRATOM but get the RIGHT TYPE FOR OPIATE W/D!!

THANK YOU! I AGREE THAT WHENEVER I HAVE BEEN IN W/D, EVEN THO U DON'T WANNA, EXERCISE DOES MAKE U FEEL BETTER IN THE END!!! IT ALMOST LIKE [TEMP.] U SWEAT OUT THE BAD FEELS FOR JUS' A LIL WHILE!!! ALSO TAKING WARM BATHS n SHOWERS MAKE U FEEEEEELL MUUUUUCCCCCH BETTTERRR!!! THEN JUS SMOKE A J N WATCH DJANGO!! LOL

I don't know about the last day, but DURING [OPIATE/OPIOID] W/D it is BEST TO STAY ACTIVE!! AS IT HELPS TRICK YOUR BODY BACK INTO MAKING IT'S OWN NATURAL OPIOIDS so that YOUR OPIOID RECEPTORS HEAL FASTER!... I HATE WHEN PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE "CLEANSING" THEIR SYSTEM or PURGING IT from OPIOIDS IN THE BODY when that IS THE PROBLEM THAT THERE ARE NO OPIOIDS IN YOUR SYSTEM TO FEED THAT NEED! sry for the run-on...
FOR THOSE STARTING TO GET OFF OPIOIDS/OPIATES, ESPECIALLY METHADONE... JOIN A GYM, n IF U HAVE THE CASH, SMOKE TONS N TONS OF WEED!!!! ALSO TAKE KRATOM but get the RIGHT TYPE FOR OPIATE W/D!!

The first time I came off methadone I joined a gym, took all my energy to get there but I bet 4 days a week hitting the elipticals for my RLS probabl;y made my w/d cut down from 4 to 2 months.

Uh I'm sry but ERRIBODI I've EVER TALKED SAID "BEST WAY TO GET OFF METHADONE [same with the shorter acting drugs] IS TO STAY PHYSICALLY BUSY n HYDRATED!"

the first time i came off methadone i joined a gym, took all my energy to get there but i bet 4 days a week hitting the elipticals for my rls probabl;y made my w/d cut down from 4 to 2 months.

see!? Thank u brother!! U say u think it cut ur w/d in half possibly due to the gym!!???? Never knew it could work that well tho... Praise yah my brother as well as u for ur hard work!

see!? Thank u brother!! U say u think it cut ur w/d in half possibly due to the gym!!???? Never knew it could work that well tho... Praise yah my brother as well as u for ur hard work!

Yeah I am back on the methadone but if I ever have to get off again that's gonna be one of my tools. Basically last time I used clonidine, a bit of kratom and codeine, the gym, and about 1000000 rolls of toilet paper. lol

Exercise is any amazing tool that everyone has in their arsenal for assistance combating any illness. It's just tough to get started sometimes. When I was in w/d I could hardly make it but once I was finished I could usually get an hour or so of sleep which was impossible due to my RLS, so that bonus was enough to make me go.

^^ The mistake one needs to avoid is that if someone has not been active, they need to be moderate and pace themselves. If someone has been living a sedentary lifestyle and then all of a sudden decides to push themselves into a workout on day 3-5 of withdrawals, they are going to suffer even more physically with perhaps more nausea and then soreness and fatigue. Feeling like they're going to die while already feeling like they're going to die lol ehehe.

^^ The mistake one needs to avoid is that if someone has not been active, they need to be moderate and pace themselves. If someone has been living a sedentary lifestyle and then all of a sudden decides to push themselves into a workout on day 3-5 of withdrawals, they are going to suffer even more physically with perhaps more nausea and then soreness and fatigue. Feeling like they're going to die while already feeling like they're going to die lol ehehe.
That's why in an earlier post i suggest taking it easy. No need to go blast out HIT while in acute withdrawal.