• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Push ups and Pull ups during the last says of withdrawal?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I've spent the last 2 months using hydrocodone and codeine on and off, using 3-4 days in a row, stopping for 2-3 days and using again and maybe the last 2 weeks using tramadol in between so I'd never withdraw all the way so I am now on day 5 of no codeine and day 3 of no tramadol and I'm honestly feeling quite well... It hit me a lot harder than I had thought, I switched to codeine the past 2-3 weeks so it'd be easier to stop that the hydro but I thought stopping those 2-3 days would make WD's almost non-existent but I was wrong...

anyway so I know cardio is great for building endorphins naturally and going back to being healthy but what about push up and pull ups, running is not an option right now since it is 100 degrees outside

I'm just finishing 3 sets of pull ups and like 7-8 of push ups and I feel so much better

Im in your boat I'm on day five from probably a worse habit with a big tolerance and I have no energy whatsoever...forced myself to paddle out and surfed for an hour then did 3 sets of 20 push-ups...I don't feel any better now but I'm pretty sure we just have to force ourselves to Excersize every day ,push ups and pulls ups are fucking great if you can muster up the energy, every bit as good as cardio I'd say...

hell yeah - 15 press ups gives me that 10 second endorphin release that I need to target that positivity/positive outlook. then I can continue on down that path.

repeat x15 as required, or, any walking/running - get yourself sweating like a m*therfucker, once you return home jump in a cold shower for 15 seconds (not THAT cold.. just cold) - few pressups and a meal and you're almost at baseline!

damn right, even if u have some kinda weights laying around, do rows or shoulder presses, correct form push ups and just plow through it. it will make u feel better. some good music and exercise.

It can help a lot but you have to be careful not to over do it. Make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat right too. I personally will have a panic attack if I over do it exercising during withdrawal, I will also feel like absolute shit the next day if I didn't get enough sleep and protein. It's a good way to energize yourself; you can feel the hormones flooding your body if you can force yourself through it.

Exercise can't ever hurt man (within reason). Anything to get those endorphins flowing naturally.

that and ever hear the saying "move a muscle change a thought"? how can u think of how shitty or what not u feel if all u feel is your muscles contracting and sweating not from wd but from exercise and catching your breathe ect.

Im in your boat I'm on day five from probably a worse habit with a big tolerance and I have no energy whatsoever...forced myself to paddle out and surfed for an hour then did 3 sets of 20 push-ups...I don't feel any better now but I'm pretty sure we just have to force ourselves to Excersize every day ,push ups and pulls ups are fucking great if you can muster up the energy, every bit as good as cardio I'd say...

where do you live man? i thought i was the only surfer here on BL lol... surfing during w/d is very difficult, especially in larger waves actualy i think that would be impossible. Ive paddled out once when I was on like day 5 and only because it was a waist- chest high day, i wasn't strong enough to handle anything larger.

for those interested and who are fortunate enough to live by the ocean, I highly recommend surfing. It is a great addiction you can trade with opiates. surfing becomes very obsessive and has many emotional ups and downs just like using (opiates) was.

This would be very bad strain on your body(your heart in particular) while your body is already weak

Cool, I live in Hawaii, yeah I really had a hard time yesterday, it was like a foot and I caught 3 waves in an hour and paddled in....uggh

Day 6 today all symptoms gone except a demoralizing lack of energy

Seriously Never exercise when withdrawing from most drugs it is very dangerous and can kill you via heart attack and can damage your organs permanently Stop now!

Seriously Never exercise when withdrawing from most drugs it is very dangerous and can kill you via heart attack and can damage your organs permanently Stop now!

Sorry but can you post a source for the organ damage? Sounds like B.S. to me. It could cause a heart attack if you are older or are predisposed to them though because your system is already strained.

If you are going trough Gaba withdrawal it could precipitate a seizure. Pretty sure I've seen documentation of this but nothing about "organ damage"

^Yup, I got off 3 years of suboxone with zero withdrawals by tapering really slowly and really strenuous excersize...I was halfway through p90x when I jumped of at like 0.2 mgs..,I swear the excersize was the key to success...

Anyway I just did pull-ups, bb curls, and sit-ups and I feel fucking great.

Well I am a medical proffesionally trained doctor with 10 years + under my belt but don't let that stop you

Well I am a medical proffesionally trained doctor with 10 years + under my belt but don't let that stop you

You're clearly not a doctor because you are wrong. Exercise can be very therapeutic, especially to combat PAWS. You do have to be careful about keeping up your electrolytes and staying hydrated, however

Please stop trolling.

If you were a medical professional with "10yrs +" etc, you wouldnt have made this thread last year:

"Cheezy said:
20-03-2016 22:07
help with 3 day constipation so far and now a nasty headache from codeine

the title says it all i took a laxido powder earlier but only managed 2 lil balls i dont know much about these laxido how long they take how many satchets etc obv if the laxido dont work i will prob need med help they r orange powder laxido to mix with water"

I normally dont like to call people out but your recent posts have been ridiculous.

I'm in the same sort of position as you doing what you are but I've replaced one with another.. I was using tramadol and weed,
now day 7 of no tramadol, but I'm taking like 5 -10 10mg Valium/xanax I think it is in the us..

^ valium is diazepam xanax is alprazolam - both benzos, yeah, but very different types of benzos.

Lol exercise may be something you should be cautious doing in early stages of withdrawal and be slow to increase work outs but in the long run you'll feel a lot better. I always do.

Nah just lay there and don't do anything whatsoever to improve your situation.. Listen to him, he's a doctor! Might as well just sit on your ass and take some more opiates to stave away the sick. I mean, medically that's the opinion right? Controlled taper and all that. /s

Darn straight pushups and pullups will help. So will things like swimming, hot/cold showers in rapid succession, good foods like yogurt and honey, the list goes on... Just basically all the healthy stuff you've avoided or deprived yourself of, start it up again in slow succession. The shock to the system is actually what pulls one out of the psychological wd quicker Imo, like layers of an onion type of thing. That is if you're in good health, other than the wd syndrome.