• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Push to use psychedelic plant, San Pedro cactus, to treat anxiety, depression, PTSD

How can someone treat PTSD with a cactus? Please leave a comment or response so I can look into it. I might have a lead into how I can get mescaline.

How can someone treat PTSD with a cactus? Please leave a comment or response so I can look into it. I might have a lead into how I can get mescaline.
I do not think that PTSD goes away if the threat lingers everyday. Possibly some threats can dissipate. PTSD seems to be almost an automated response to the threat whether it is there or not. But psychedelics can help a person stare straight at the threat and let it go. The best psychedelic trips are the ones where a person feels at peace with the Universe, others as well as himself. Feeling nurtured by Nature instead of attacked.

Since psychedelics remove some of the filters of my mind I can see past some things I never wanted to look at. Then when I look at it, say hello, sit with it and let it go there is a healing that happens. It is the same type of healing a person can get in a few years of therapy but can happen in the 10 hours of a trip. It sort of speeds it up and gets to the point.

I would do as much research as I can if I were you. Here and everywhere else. Read about psilocybin mushrooms helping PTSD and grief/dying. Mescaline works too, just lasts a lot longer. Both have a teacherly feel to them. Like you are in class and learning. And it is the higher part of your mind guiding you. Once that is seen then a person can continue to heal with that guide even without a psychedelic. We have a lot of knowledge and wisdom inside of us that gets pushed away in our day to day survival state. Psychedelics take the filters off to see clearer. To me a bad trip is seeing something a person does not want to see, or is just not feeling well in a bad set and setting. Set and Setting is most important. Stay well Onlooker.

i guess small doses of cacti-raw or dried could aleviate some symptoms of PTSD...to push temporarly depression and ease anxiety...so it actually work like med.in small/micro doses....without to have some shaterred effect of fullscale psychedelia....so to integrate this positive impacts into life without to be"high"...to follow the right path of healthy life....all these herbs,fungis,roots and even semisynthetic chemicals could be real medicines treating various problems even better than fully chemical components like SSRI,NSRI or sort of

I do not think that PTSD goes away if the threat lingers everyday. Possibly some threats can dissipate. PTSD seems to be almost an automated response to the threat whether it is there or not. But psychedelics can help a person stare straight at the threat and let it go. The best psychedelic trips are the ones where a person feels at peace with the Universe, others as well as himself. Feeling nurtured by Nature instead of attacked.

Since psychedelics remove some of the filters of my mind I can see past some things I never wanted to look at. Then when I look at it, say hello, sit with it and let it go there is a healing that happens. It is the same type of healing a person can get in a few years of therapy but can happen in the 10 hours of a trip. It sort of speeds it up and gets to the point.

I would do as much research as I can if I were you. Here and everywhere else. Read about psilocybin mushrooms helping PTSD and grief/dying. Mescaline works too, just lasts a lot longer. Both have a teacherly feel to them. Like you are in class and learning. And it is the higher part of your mind guiding you. Once that is seen then a person can continue to heal with that guide even without a psychedelic. We have a lot of knowledge and wisdom inside of us that gets pushed away in our day to day survival state. Psychedelics take the filters off to see clearer. To me a bad trip is seeing something a person does not want to see, or is just not feeling well in a bad set and setting. Set and Setting is most important. Stay well Onlooker.
I would agree with everything you say here - I feel like mescaline (in particular) creates a clear headspace where highly emotional issues can feel very approachable. The emotional weight or baggage that may be associated with a memory/experience/dynamic feels much less difficult to explore/process/discuss. I've often likened it in my own trips to a sort of 'suit of armor on the soul'. My first ever experience with mescaline (aside from having grown San Pedro since I was 17 years old) came at age 36. I was in the midst of some relationship turmoil with a then partner who was growing increasingly distant from me in the months leading up to our planned wedding date. We were taking some space and I had the weekend to myself; I'd also just received 2 grams of extracted mescaline from someone I connected with online. I dosed around 11am, a full gram (of extract, not pure HCL/sulphate). At 11:20am, I received a text from my fiance that she needed to talk to me - I knew what these words meant, but I didn't know what kind of psychedelic state was about to come upon me.

In the hours that followed, I found myself far more 'okay' than I would have expected to feel on a psychedelic drug. My primary experiences had been with LSD and psilocybin, as well as RC tryptamines. If I had been on anything else, I cannot imagine how painful it would have been to get the news that she was done, and wasn't going to reconsider or continue with couples therapy - it was over. Something about the cactus was protective.

It didn't render me immune to the emotional fallout of the weeks and months after, but it did give me a small feeling of hope that I could get through this and find a way to heal. It took a long time, we actually worked together starting about a month afterwards, as she'd accepted a position at the health center I worked at months prior.

In the end, it was a painful and formative experience that was also very necessary. That relationship was not going to last, no matter how much I wanted to fix it - we were just too different. The cactus was one piece of a few different ways that I could access and approach healing. It can't do all of the work for you, but it contributes to the process in it's own benevolent way.

Just my $.02

Depends on the cactus. Anywhere from 20 to 40 g. Some of the Peruvianus I had was full at 20 g. But then you read sometimes with regular Pedro, which I have not had, needing about 40 g. This is all dried outer skin.

As I type that I can hear the cactus saying I haven’t visited in a while.
Peruvians has a higher concentration of alkaloids so requires less. It is also subjectively different as pachanoi has additional phenethylamine alkaloids. Peyote is subjectively a lot different due to the presence of isoquinoline alkaloids and 3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyPEA.
As to why tea, cactus tissue isn't as easy to dehydrate as psilocybin fungus tissue (cacti are evolved to retain water in desert conditions).

I would agree with everything you say here - I feel like mescaline (in particular) creates a clear headspace where highly emotional issues can feel very approachable. The emotional weight or baggage that may be associated with a memory/experience/dynamic feels much less difficult to explore/process/discuss. I've often likened it in my own trips to a sort of 'suit of armor on the soul'. My first ever experience with mescaline (aside from having grown San Pedro since I was 17 years old) came at age 36. I was in the midst of some relationship turmoil with a then partner who was growing increasingly distant from me in the months leading up to our planned wedding date. We were taking some space and I had the weekend to myself; I'd also just received 2 grams of extracted mescaline from someone I connected with online. I dosed around 11am, a full gram (of extract, not pure HCL/sulphate). At 11:20am, I received a text from my fiance that she needed to talk to me - I knew what these words meant, but I didn't know what kind of psychedelic state was about to come upon me.

In the hours that followed, I found myself far more 'okay' than I would have expected to feel on a psychedelic drug. My primary experiences had been with LSD and psilocybin, as well as RC tryptamines. If I had been on anything else, I cannot imagine how painful it would have been to get the news that she was done, and wasn't going to reconsider or continue with couples therapy - it was over. Something about the cactus was protective.

It didn't render me immune to the emotional fallout of the weeks and months after, but it did give me a small feeling of hope that I could get through this and find a way to heal. It took a long time, we actually worked together starting about a month afterwards, as she'd accepted a position at the health center I worked at months prior.

In the end, it was a painful and formative experience that was also very necessary. That relationship was not going to last, no matter how much I wanted to fix it - we were just too different. The cactus was one piece of a few different ways that I could access and approach healing. It can't do all of the work for you, but it contributes to the process in it's own benevolent way.

Just my $.02
Emotionally easier due to presence of methylenedioxy alkaloids. Well that's my theory!

Emotionally easier due to presence of methylenedioxy alkaloids. Well that's my theory!
Something about the synergy of chemicals that resemble dopamine, which shift the tune/pitch/colour/depth of the signal that is typically communicated, with our subjective experience. Seems like when methylenedioxy alkaloids are the flavor of the shift, there is some kind of emotionally opening effect that we experience.

A pharmacologist friend of mine once told me about how there's a very specific protein bonding site that will reliably replicate the experience of 'malaise'. If you activate this specific receptor, a human will experience the combination of fatigue, unwellness, pain etc. that we refer to as malaise. It's a receptor that is activated during human immune responses, and also during certain withdrawal syndromes. I see these two things as quite related to one another.