View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Purple streak blotter

Headfull

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. Recently, I came across some plain white blotter my cat brought home. Its pretty typical blotter, except a purple streak. Its very similar to the way ink looks on note book paper, when a drop of water hits it. Smeared may be the word. Is anyone similar with this, or if it is some indication as to what has been laid on the blotter? I've given my cat several warnings to be careful if he doses. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to bluelight. Here, people don't use things like SWIM or "My ____". It doesn't avoid self-incrimination. We don't really have any of telling what substance you have, and substance ID threads are against the rules. I recommend you at least skim through them real quick

Yep, check my signature line for a link to the Bluelight User Agreement. This is your first post, so let this be just a warning -- but yeah, read the BLUA, and welcome!

Never heard of that before but it sounds exactly like what you would get if Ehrlich's reagent, which is a testing substance used to identify LSD / lysergic and tryptamine alkaloids, were applied directly to blotters. Pinkish purple is what would be positive for LSD / ergoloids or tryptamines. This is a positive match shown with AL-LAD, an LSD analogue:

ZaLpEGam.png

How many hits are showing this streak? I guess it's possible someone tried identifying the blotter but passed it to you because they were unsure of ingesting the reagent. If we are talking a lot more than one, they would have to be moronic to do that since one would suffice. ;)

No toxicity information seems to be known specifically for p-DMAB - the active principle in Ehrlich's reagent - but considering its reactivity and hazard triangle value of 1 for health (acute danger / unknown), I would not risk it even if its a very small quantity. It's not exactly pro HR to recommend something like that, I suppose mostly unreacted p-DMAB would be an issue and even that would mostly bond with some indolic nucleus present in a random chemical in your body. In other words, it is expected to fuck up a very small amount of your tissue.

Actually no idea if there is a reagent to test for Erhlich's reagent (ironic lol).

Last edited:
lol at the above

You know...to make sure the test itself is authentic... you can never be too sure...