Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pure MDMA not working after repeated attempts

kezz

Greenlighter
Hi, first post!

Ok so the first time I took mdma was last summer at a large electronic music festival. Approx 100mg parachuted (crystal, tested), I prepared myself for the come up, an hour later nothing at all, I had heard stories of people coming up slowly so I waited another hour and still nothing, re-dosed another 70-80mg and still nothing. I felt disappointed so just stuck to alcohol and weed for the duration of the festival.

Fast forward a few months later at an outdoor rave, decided to try again, thinking I might have a tolerance issue I decided to ingest 250mg. This was legit crystal obtained via the dark web, advertised as 84% pure (purest you can get in crystal form I believe, straight to black when tested) This did have some effects on me, including dilated pupils, jaw clenches as well as increased intensity of lights and ability to talk to people with no apparent social boundaries. I did not really experience any euphoria at all, which is the only problem I have. I do find the drug more fun than alcohol so I like to experiment with it on occasions, works out cheaper too.

Another 3 months later I attend another music festival, this time consuming 300-350mg, this led to me being 'floored' with no motivation to dance. I experienced every other effect i.e. eye wobbles (I love these) jaw clenching and enhanced lighting, but yet again not a single feeling of euphoria, it almost feels like I am sober, just with wobbly eyes.

To rule out the possibility of naturally high tolerance I decided to go all out for my birthday last week, parachuted 5-600mg of the same tested crystals at a club. This resulted in me chewing my cheeks out, even with gum (1 week later and they are still sore, they actually bled at one point) a floaty feeling for a good 6 hours and extreme eye wobbles, as well as my eyelids almost being 'pulled down' over my eyes, but I still have to report I did not experience much of an increase in empathy and euphoria that I seek. I would have thought a half gram would promote 'gut wrenching' euphoria that people speak of on here, but nope, no luck for me.

I find this quite weird as my friends get extremely fucked off of the same batch, normally displaying the classic effects of mdma, hugging and dancing for 6 hours straight etc.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME??!! I feel like I am missing out on this drug so much, people describe it as the best moments of their lives, however I get more music appreciation from listening to headphones in my room SOBER, I will get goosebumps very often when listening to trance.

Would anyone have any idea what this could be? I am on no medication, eat very healthy but a lot (training to compete in a bodybuilder show) 5'9 180lbs, very low in bodyfat, quite 'ripped' if so to speak.

so where your friends taking half a gram of the same material at once as well?

how much where your friends dosing each time?

i would vomit during the come up if i took over 250mg, then i'd be rolling so hard it would be uncomfortable

do you have any history of using other drugs? legal or illicit

See I have never experienced that 'rolling ball's feeling in the slightest. And no all they normally take 150mg with a small booster and have an awesome night.

Just weed and nitrous oxide, also mephedrone does not have any effect on me whatsoever, if that is of any relevance

its possible that there is something unique about your serotonin system, both mephedrone and mdma raise serotonin levels in the brain.

someone with a better understanding of neurotransmitters and physiology might be able to chime in

Maybe your expecting too much from the drug? Sounds like your rolling...and you actually like the eye wobbles ??? It's really annoying. I've actually lowered my doses so that I DON'T get nystagmus associated with me dosing higher.
Edit. I've also noticed that on lower doses I feel much more euphoria and loved up then higher doses. But that's just IMO

ur thinking way too much. Back off the dose to 100-120. Its there, believe me. You are in your head. I was for a long time before i was like....... WHOA I GET IT.

I think the poster above me could be right, but the first thing I thought was are you taking any medication? A lot of commonly prescribed meds effect the serotonin system and could have a similar effect to this. Also, have you tested your MDMA? If your MDMA is pure I don't see how anyone could ingest more than 200mg without throwing up and everything just being too intense, in fact ingesting more than that is dangerous, 500-600mg AT ONCE is just absolutely ridiculous. Please don't dose like that again! It's possible by chance that you're getting something weaker like Methylone so that could be it. Other than that all I can think would be that there is something physiologically different about your serotonin system.

Your over thinking this whole rolling thing...... (you said it was tested)from your description of your eyes and feeling floaty good for 6 hours you're experiencing mdma. Just go with the flow don't expect anything amazing or else you will kill your buzz.

you're not on any medication now, but have you taken ssris in the past for extended peroids of time?

and you actually like the eye wobbles ??? It's really annoying. I've actually lowered my doses so that I DON'T get nystagmus associated with me dosing higher.

they are quite fun. with the disorientation the nystagmus brings, i can get lost in the rolling feeling more easily. when the euphoria hits the nystagmus starts and both end at the same time for me. mdma without nystagmus feels like something's missing and i haven't dosed enough.

I'm afraid to say that drugs just affect people differently. Many people are very touchy-feely and full of hugs, some people don't want to be touched on MDMA, some people get very sexual, some people don't. I agree with the others that you may be over-thinking it- don't go into it with expectations that you need to feel a certain way or need to emulate your friends! Definitely don't take half a gram again, as that sounds like waay too much to me. Try to enjoy whatever you get out of it, and if it's not that great and not really worth it, then it just might not be the drug for you, sadly. The high doesn't feel the same for everyone, that's why some people like and some people don't like marijuana, MDMA, LSD, and all other drugs. Sometimes people talk it up so much that when you try something, it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Good luck in the future :)

So Interesting to me that you guys like eye wobbles. I guess to
Each there own.

Do you guys not get the other effects if you don't get the wobbles. I get all
The effects that one seeks with rolling at 120-130mg. Warmth, love, euphoria it's all There. It's not until I hit 150-160 the eyeballs start shaking. Usually when my eyes go crazy I feel like I took too much. I guess I'm the weird one after all.

Personally, I enjoy most effects of MDMA (so long as I'm also experiencing the desired euphoria etc). Things like eye-wobbled and feeling really light add to the excitement ime :)

Do you guys not get the other effects if you don't get the wobbles. I get all
The effects that one seeks with rolling at 120-130mg. Warmth, love, euphoria it's all There. It's not until I hit 150-160 the eyeballs start shaking. Usually when my eyes go crazy I feel like I took too much. I guess I'm the weird one after all.

No, I get eye wobbles at 70-80 mg, and that is to low dose for me to get full effects. I use 120 when I roll, sometimes with a 60 mg redose after an hour. :) Most of my friends only get eye wobbles at high doses.