• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pure Honokiol or Magnolol dosage

Synaps3

Bluelighter
So I found out that these two chemicals are GABA agonists and they seem to be sold as extracts from magnolia. They are pretty readily available. I am much more interested in studying the effects of the pure chemicals themselves instead of in an extract, so I can determine the exact effects without any contamination from other random stuff in the extract.

I seem to have found a reliable chemical supplier that sells the pure powder 98%.

Here are my questions:
1. Would they be a worth while anxiolytic?
2. Which is better (what are the differences)?
3. What would the dosage be?

Interesting structure

gaMkD.jpg

(R1 = H, R2 = Hydroxy, in Honokiol, and vice versa, i.e. R1 = hydroxy & R2 = hydrogen, in Magnolol)

Reminds me of that "simple opioid" Dres posted in pg. 104 of the Random chemicals drawing thread:

The first molecule is based on CP-(can't remember the numbers), thought to be the simplest active cannabinoid:

3-(2-hydroxy-4-pentylphenyl)-cyclohexanol.png

I tried pure Honokiol powder at various doses years ago and it did nothing whatsoever, even at doses 5x recommended. I have quite a large ethanol tolerance though. The powder was supposedly 99% pure honokiol. It tasted unbelievably disgusting. It may work better for people without a screwed up gaba system.