• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Pupils, meth?

Hi Lynn, welcome to Bluelight.

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about drug-induced mydriasis besides not using the drug. You could take some drugs to shut it down but they would also block or severely blunt the desired effects from the meth.

You should use special contact lenses which hides the dilated pupils.

The only thing you can really do is balance out the stimulant with opiates to shrink pupils. But this isn’t really a solid plan because... well you’re taking opiates

Pilocarpine, either as eyedrops or systemically, is the most commonly-used non-opioid miotic/anti-mydriatic/anti-cycloplegic with which I am familiar. Beta blockers such as clonidine and propranolol do constrict pupils as well but less dramatically. At the top of the continuum are the anticholinergic antidote physostigmine and the general purpose cholinergic carbachol.

If I were tweeking I would want oxycodone and some dark glasses on general principle. None of the above are non-reactive with crank and the like, and I would imagine that meth plus physostigmine would feel like a cross betwixt getting sprayed with pesticide and a West African traditional poison ordeal conducted with Calabar beans.

By the way, opioids applied to the eyes also pin the pupils directly. Eyedrops containing codeine, Dionine (aka codethyline and ethylmorphine) and benzylmorphine (Peronine) are used for both this and anti-inflammatory use by eye doctors. One opioid I know which would not do it is pethidine, as it has the opposite effect.

On the other hand, people I know use atropine and hyoscine (scopolamine) eyedrops or take either of those or hyoscyamine by mouth or mixed into their shot in order to, for example, hide pinned pupils resulting from shooting smack, morphine, or Dilaudid from their wife, children, employer, any cops who may stop them and so forth. If they do a bit much of systemic drugs on top their opioids at high dose, they can have a brief bout of nystagmus similar to that produced by some hypnotics, which is easy to detect.

Last edited:
Pilocarpine, either as eyedrops or systemically, is the most commonly-used non-opioid miotic/anti-mydriatic/anti-cycloplegic with which I am familiar. In theory propranolol does as well as does physostigmine and carbachol. Low blood pressure and cholinergic effects . . . if I were tweeking I would want oxycodone and some dark glasses on general principle.

On the other hand, people I know use atropine and hyoscine (scopolamine) eyedrops or take either of those or hyoscyamine by mouth or mixed into their shot in order to, for example, hide pinned pupils resulting from shooting smack, morphine, or Dilaudid from their wife, children, employer, any cops who may stop them and so forth. If they do a bit much of systemic drugs on top their opioids at high dose, they can have a brief bout of nystagmus similar to that produced by some hypnotics, which is easy to detect.

. Rarely do I get such a real deal response with a direct answer to a question and real information. Cause this has been a real issue for me in the past hiding large dose amphetamines from employers when I have bright blue eyes. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it greatly