• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

PULMINORY EMBOLISM

betheblueberry

Greenlighter
Hi all. Iv been sober for 10 years. The past 3 months started enjoying myself and partieing again. 3x MDMA nights, Multiple ketamine days and nights, mixing drugs etc. Wednesday last week diagnosed with a pulminory embolism. Doctors are saying it could be the drugs Iv bashed in the last 3 months? How likely could this be being how short term it’s been? I’m 29 years old, size 12-14, very active person but ex smoker of 3 weeks. More then likely the fags right? I’m going to go for blood tests to see if I have any blood clotting disorders, and on blood thinners for 6 months. But my question is, do you think it would be a silly mistake to occasionally enjoy some mandy nights after my treatment has finished? I’m never going to pick a cigarette up again, and not going to snort anything, but maybe few mandy nights, and shrooms should be ok?
I just don’t want to be completely sober the rest of my life I enjoy having the release and letting go that comes with recreational drug use. As long as it’s done safely and not turned into a habit. (I don’t drink). At the same time I obviously don’t want a heart attack or another blood clot.

How safe do you think it would be or you reckon I should just stop and never look back?

You need to consider the long-term effects of smoking and snorting which both carry cardiovascular health risks. There are safer alternatives, but I do understand the feeling that sobriety is a hard one to work through. Good on you for giving up cigs, they are by far the worst thing you are doing to your body.

I was on all types of psych meds but now only take 3.75mg mirtazapine and 20mg suvorexant for sleep and some cannabis during the day and my health improved massively from where I was last year. I used to vape all day every day. It eventually did damage to me some of which I'm told is lifelong.