Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Public Health Warning - All of Australia May be Affected

Status
Not open for further replies.

opi8

Bluelighter
g3SMElb.jpg

There is a new & serious threat lurking in news agents, 7 Eleven’s, petrol stations, supermarkets and all other stores where bottled water is sold.

Next time you hastily purchase some bottled water in order to quench your thirst or to inject drugs with, Mount Franklin’s “Lightly Sparkling” soda water is almost indistinguishable from the spring water which you most likely intended to obtain. At a glance the two bottles are almost identical except for a different coloured lid, however, you may be used to Mount Franklin having different coloured lids from previous marketing campaigns, this is obviously tactic they employed to great success.

If you have been affected by this "lightly sparkling" menace, side effects may involve being unable to fathom why it's taking so long to draw the water into your syringe, seeing bubbles in your spoon, wondering where almost half of the units that you pulled into the syringe went when you know that you didn't spill a drop and a strange sensation when injecting the liquid. Further, drinking this shit may cause your body to react negatively and instinctively gag and/or throw up.

It's only lightly sparkling. And not when you're in a car with the stereo playing.

If you are shooting up in your car with the stereo blaring, the water on your spoon is the least of your health concerns.

It's safer for me to drive well than to drive sick.

It's safer for me to drive well than to drive sick.

You shouldn't be driving at all. You are a menace to our roads. If you are driving whilst under the influence then you deserve to have your license taken away, I don't care how much of a professional driver you are, if you are the cause of an accident one day because of your drug habit then I hope you help the victim's family as much as you can.

Also have you even tasted the lightly sparkling version? I have and it is absolutely revolting. The two are easily distinguishable and honestly if people are this fucked that they can't tell the difference then they shouldn't be out in public in general let alone inside stores etc.

Last edited:
^uhhh, no, not really. We don't know what opi8 drives like. Maybe he's a good driver, maybe not. But in this case I don't think it's fair to say that he's a menace on the road because of his substance use. He's not an opiate newbie. He's not going to nod out behind the wheel.

I'm pretty sure that he means he sometimes fixes in the car while the car is NOT moving. Having read his posts on here for years, I know that he is well and truly addicted and has been for a long time. So, for someone in that case, a shot before driving means he's likely to drive better than without the dose. Long-term addicts simply don't get high - they only get well.

You shouldn't be driving at all. You are a menace to our roads. If you are driving whilst under the influence then you deserve to have your license taken away, I don't care how much of a professional driver you are, if you are the cause of an accident one day because of your drug habit then I hope you help the victim's family as much as you can.
You shouldn't judge people you don't know at all, and seriously, your harassment is unwarranted and your prejudice is simply mindblowing on a drug forum.

Are you suggesting that because I have an addiction, I should not be allowed to drive? I would like that clarified.

Also have you even tasted the lightly sparkling version? I have and it is absolutely revolting. The two are easily distinguishable and honestly if people are this fucked that they can't tell the difference then they shouldn't be out in public in general let alone inside stores etc.

This was in my original post. Did you actually read this thread? Or did you only read Busty's vitriol?

Further, drinking this shit may cause your body to react negatively and instinctively gag and/or throw up.

It would be very bad for my health to drink the water, making contact with my mouth and all the bacteria in it, before using that same bottle of water to shoot up with. That's why I didn't know from the taste, I didn't hear the slight fizz because of the stereo, which was at a reasonable level - you need to keep your wits about you when you're shooting up in the car, but I get nerves as I am an anxious individual, some music can calm me. Also, I was.. it doesn't matter what I was doing. This is what I did, hopefully people on Bluelight won't do the same thing now that they've seen this thread.

Last edited:
No, your addiction I don't have a problem with, DRIVING WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE I have a problem with.

I've had my 2c, I won't be reading any replies but driving under the influence of anything is dangerous to everyone on the road.

Under the influence of a drug that makes me normal? I don't see your point, and you obviously don't understand opiate addiction.

Perhaps, but I do understand the fickle reliability and purity of most street drugs.

Are you suggesting that because I have an addiction, I should not be allowed to drive?

If you are under the influence yes. If by being an addict it means you are high all the time then double yes.

This is not a thread about me, it was a thread warning people not to make the same mistake that I did, in haste, whilst sick, because I needed to get better. If I can save 1 person from doing this stupid thing that I did, all this criticism and unbelievable (in the case of you Busty, I believe it, but others. I am surprised) shit being thrown at me, from what I intended as a light hearted joke - a "look how stupid I was, don't make the same mistake" kind of post, then it was worth it.

I am not high all the time. I am self medicating, getting myself to a stable level of opiods in my system to prevent the ever-imminent physical withdrawal symptoms that will inevitably come if I don't have any opiods in my system. I get a rush, it lasts 5, 10 seconds if I'm lucky, then that's it. That's what I get from heroin, but it also allows me to eat, to go out and do things. To work. To cook. To be a human being. All the joy of my whole pay is gone in a few short days, then I rely on my methadone which doesn't keep me well, makes me depressed, forces me into a reclusive lifestyle because I don't have the energy or inclination to do anything but procrastinate. It makes me sick, physically and mentally - the methadone. That's why I do my best to procure prohibited substances when I am able.

I don't commit crime against others, I don't drive like a maniac, I don't do anything except for live like a normal human being with less rights than others because of an addiction that stemmed from an extremely difficult for anyone to comprehend but myself's life up until the point that I found heroin, then injected it. That was a mistake, and I know that it was a mistake, probably the second biggest mistake of my life, but it happened and here I am. I am still a person, and Busty, afterlifestyle, you are treating me like some kind of a lesser being because of this addiction. I shouldn't be allowed to drive? Should I be allowed to vote? Should I be allowed to be a parent? Should I be allowed to get an education? Welfare (which I don't)?

You come in here crying about some pathetic mistake over sparkling water like it is the greatest harm inducing crime since laced Kool aid, yet you admit you drive while under the influence of drugs. Get your priorities straight then get back to me. Believe it or not I made the same mistake only a couple of months ago, got half way down the mall and my daughter pointed it out. Rather than blame someone else I just went back to the 7-11 and asked the Apu if I could swap it. Case closed.

Your addiction is really tragic, I do feel sorry for you but you are no different to every other alcoholic or stoner who justifies driving under the influence. Sure not every one crashes but you are putting the rest of us in danger if you continue to drive high. You are playing the percentages as you have to accept that you can never be certain of your doses each and every time you shoot up. Unfortunately addiction comes with many downsides. One is a difficulty in travelling overseas, you can't work a lot of jobs that drug test and unfortunately for you are not allowed to drive.

your prejudice is simply mindblowing on a drug forum.

Your ignorance is depressing on a harm reduction forum.

For the record, I'm also surprised at the misunderstanding people have of long-term addiction to opiates. It goes to show that there aren't many people that have first hand experience of it; conversely, the ones that do don't want to post about it on a public forum because the fact is there's still stigma attached and a general ignorance about what it means to be totally dependent on an opiate.

I don't commit crime against others, I don't drive like a maniac, I don't do anything except for live like a normal human being with less rights than others because of an addiction that stemmed from an extremely difficult for anyone to comprehend but myself's life up until the point that I found heroin, then injected it. That was a mistake, and I know that it was a mistake, probably the second biggest mistake of my life, but it happened and here I am. I am still a person

I feel ya.

Amazing how quick people are to judge without knowing the whole picture. It's sad that even people who are addicted to opiates are often in denial about it, or add a disclaimer to their addiction, which is that they really, really, want to get off.

Even friends of mine did a 180 when I told them I didn't actually want off. That seems to be the biggest taboo ever, apparently. These are friends who know me well, who accept who I am and who treat me with a lot of respect. But they can't get their head around the fact that I don't want off opiates, and that leaves me feeling hollow because I realise they don't actually understand at all.

Speaking for myself, it comes down to what Captain Brewster said the other day about (hypothetically) being offered money to give up drugs forever. He said no amount of money - money's not the point. All he wants, and all I want, is a way to manage the depression I've had since well before I ever touched any drugs, let alone opiates. If there's something that works better, and is half-way sustainable, then I'd go for it. But I've tried lots and lots of things (meds and radical lifestyle changes) and simply nothing works better.

Your ignorance is depressing on a harm reduction forum.

You are the prime example of an ignorant human being, sir. Please, get over yourself. I did not cry, nor did I attempt to make this a big deal. I was trying to inject some light hearted-ness into the board. (see what I did there, misuse the hyphen).

Status
Not open for further replies.