PTSD from drug use, drug lifestyle and recent events.

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I've had a few very traumatic events happen to me lately and I think I may have PTSD. I have always had just do to the general wear and tear of the drug lifestyle. Girlfriend asphyxiating on her vomit and dying next to me in bed, several bad car wrecks, being robbed at gun point, suicide attempts, scary and severe repeated withdrawals from heroin, methadone and benzos, getting Hep-C but 2 recent events have made it resurface again.

My roommates had tried to set me up in a reverse sting with a CI and local police. Then they tried to plant drugs on me. All of this happened while I was high on meth. Even though this event happened several years ago I still have strong flashbacks that consists of panic, confusion, depression and other related physical manifestations.

Then just recently I was pistol whipped in my front yard and mine and my families life were threatened.

It has all been extremely difficult and I find myself taking extra methadone or wanting to keep a constant low level alcohol buzz anytime that I am able to combat the intense physical tension and discomfort I am under.

Please help!! does anybody have any suggestions for general and constant non provoked anxiety ?? This has all been extremely difficult

PTSD sucks so bad because even though the incident is over it keeps mind fucking you at random times of the day. It sounds like you may have Complex PTSD and had quite a few traumas.

I don't blame you for taking the extra m'done or drinking. Anything to take those terrible memories away. Thing is , it makes you forget about the trauma for a bit but then it all starts crashing in again.

Are you on any meds at all besides the m'done? Ever been diagnosed by a Dr. ? I am not sure of the protocol they use to help people with that I just wanted to pop in and say stay strong and I hope you can find some peace of mind soon. <3

When’s the last time you’ve rolled properly around people you feel comfortable with? That’s a good place to start, it always helps at least a little, and I’ve never seen anyone’s PTSD or past trauma get worse after even if said person experiences a comedown.

-GC

Have you heard of EMDR therapy for PTSD? It's like an eye movement desensitization therapy that is apparently very successful for PTSD. My mom has been trying to get me to do it. I have a lot of similar things in my past.

Maybe it's something to look into. Stay strong man 💪 ❤️

When’s the last time you’ve rolled properly around people you feel comfortable with? That’s a good place to start, it always helps at least a little, and I’ve never seen anyone’s PTSD or past trauma get worse after even if said person experiences a comedown.

-GC
mine gets worse, particularly because i can't roll (for a few years prior to getting ptsd) :( and only come down. and anyway, a good mdma experience thats not in a setting condusive to healing (say spending all night partying) the comedown may just make it worse

Have you heard of EMDR therapy for PTSD? It's like an eye movement desensitization therapy that is apparently very successful for PTSD. My mom has been trying to get me to do it. I have a lot of similar things in my past.

Maybe it's something to look into. Stay strong man 💪 ❤️
its not just eye movements. often they aren't involved and you will only have "tappers" that use sensations in your hands that you hold the devices, its really about L R hemisphere alterations i think, or was my therapist a schmuck?

What I would try to do is exercise if you feel up to it.

That’s a big thing that helped me personally.

If I don’t exercise for a couple days I start to become very aggressive and anxious, it keeps me even keeled.

mine gets worse, particularly because i can't roll (for a few years prior to getting ptsd) :( and only come down. and anyway, a good mdma experience thats not in a setting condusive to healing (say spending all night partying) the comedown may just make it worse

True that’s why I always say “with people your comfortable with.” Cuz MDMA makes you want to be around everyone until you come down, then you only want to be around people you love or care about.

That’s why I only roll socially around people I really enjoy. I do roll alone in public events sometimes but that’s with the intention of dancing by myself for hours and hours on end.

-GC

If I don’t exercise for a couple days I start to become very aggressive and anxious, it keeps me even keeled.

True that’s why I always say “with people your comfortable with.” Cuz MDMA makes you want to be around everyone until you come down, then you only want to be around people you love or care about.

That’s why I only roll socially around people I really enjoy. I do roll alone in public events sometimes but that’s with the intention of dancing by myself for hours and hours on end.

-GC
yeah but i come down not 10 minutes after taking it without ever rolling.

its not just eye movements. often they aren't involved and you will only have "tappers" that use sensations in your hands that you hold the devices, its really about L R hemisphere alterations i think, or was my therapist a schmuck?
Yeah, I don't know all that much about it. Sounds interesting.

your therapist knew their onions

EMDR can be excellent for some, no doubt. A small percentage of people have become re-traumatised due to it though (an inherent risk of any technique requiring recalling the trauma unfortunately). I have a couple of ex-army acquaintences who are grateful for having had it

Another treatment worth looking at is Visual Kinaesthetic Dissociation Technique - a little less invasive than EMDR for some, and a real potential gamechanger for trauma sufferers

Gabapentin saved me from PTSD years ago. Before taking it i was constantly armed everywhere i went if i was home alone. After taking it i was able to put the weapons away and relax on the couch, no problem.

The gabapentin was prescribed for fibromyalgia pain. You don't know how nice it was when my PTSD problems went away unexpectedly!!