• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

PTSD, amanita and beta-blockers

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Hi guys. Look thru my post history, im a long time partier turned burn survivor, long term complex PTSD sufferer. I have been off of benzos, alcohol etc. for quite some time, but still experience a lot of symptomatology re PTSD and
what I can only assume is extended BZD paws in combination. I've had a real tough time lately - previously I have found that amanita seems to bring some sort of rebalancing/relief to the GABA/Glutamate system for a few weeks after ingestion
of a small dose(~3 - 5g). I would like to do that again.
The only reason I am not doing it right now, is that I recently started a program of beta-blockers. 20mg propranolol split up into 3 doses over the course of the day. I am wondering if I have any reason to fear interaction between the muscimol/ibotenic acid,
and the beta-blockers. I have found amanita to play nicely with most anything, especially at low doses as described. Just wondering if a few other people can put their mind to it, and come up with a good reason not to. I am in a pretty fragile state,
going forward w healing is what I need, not a 6 hour tachycardia and/or bradycardia situation. I was also wondering if there is a documented negative reaction between beta-blockers and MDMA? The prop dose is rather low. I might try eating .5g today..

Any input welcome. Thank you.

There could be a possible interaction. Mucimol is mostly agreed on as a GABAâ agonist which would have greater risk than say benzos.

The reason I think this is because propanolol has a interaction with phenobarbital, a drug that acts on the GABAâ receptors as well. I'm no chemist so can't figure out what happens pharmacologically (they may not either) but it is known as a significant reaction.

Well, I did it. It was fine :) and also - muscimol as a GABAa agonist is MUCH less risky than benzos. maybe not insofar as high end toxicity, but certainly as far as receptor damage etc.
In my damaged state i cannot take a bzd/alcohol anything of that nature or I come down to shaking/DT fits that also coalesce WITH my PTSD (a true nightmare) -- not sure why,
but muscimol is actually restorative. My working theory is that it's bECAUSE of the ibotenic acid -- that essentially what is happening is muscimolis activating GABAa enough that the glutamate activity of the ibotenic acid can happen
without throwing you into seizure, and rebalances your GABA/Glutamate system a bit. Kind of like running high dose naltrexone w enough opioid to cover the bad feelings. I'm not sure if that would work the same way, but it's
the best explanation I can suss out for what is happening. Also note - there's a whole subculture of folx on youtube using amanita to get off long term, high dose bzd habits. Search Amanitadreamer for the videos.

Look up Amanita Dreamer on YouTube!

She was also on benzos and used this to get off of them!!
mention that at end of my last post.

So, to bump this and get at my other question -- if im on 20mg of propranolol, is it OK to take 120 or so of MDMA??

Just want to bump this. Does anyone have any input on the safety of MDMA w/low dose beta blockers (20mg propranolol a day)?.. Plan 1 dose, 120mg, maybe 30mg redose after peak. nothing crazy.

we generally don't bump threads here

nobody can say with absolute certainty that any drug combinations are safe but I don't see why MDMA and beta blockers would be too troublesome

I also found this reddit thread which cites ann/sasha as recommending 10/20mg prop before a roll for highly anxious/BP problematic people. That's about as close to the horses mouth as you can get. @sekio sorry bout the bump. I know better, just about to leave town and really needed some input. won't happen again.