EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

^sorry for being a thread killer.
I've been scraping the barrel for some more minimal psy, literally, it's all dusty ;)

From the GOA 96 album:
Doof- Youth of the Galaxy
Green Nuns of the revolution - Atomic armadillo (worth a listen)
Slinky wizard - Supernatural.
Hallucinogen - L.S.D (Ls Doof remix)
It's not aged well but:
Salamander - Tempest (Moonweed mix)

Anything on Platipus is well worth a listen.
Jeez these guy's really loved the SH-101 sound.
sh101_big.jpg

In all honesty; if you can pick up one of these bad boys go for it, then retro-fit it with CV to midi.
Control Voltage.
If you've got endless cash to spare, buy moog, or a jupiter 8; if not... then slit your throat; in a nicest possible way.
Trust in Trance.

Last edited:
For some reason this guy has got push and various other trance tracks I like. It's like all the B-Sides that were gone and forgotten.

sorry about the face.
One of these for the Step Sequencer Drum Machine:
2_02-303.jpg

Last edited:
^now that's goa.
If you have some Cass and Slide.
Just listening to cass and slide - diablo evolution skyrocket.
The best is on vinyl.

Last edited:
norm4n is right I'm afraid to say. It's all much of a muchness. It's the same thing over and over.
This is why Goa has got such a bum wrap; it all sounds the same.
From listening to the tracks that have been posted; it's the same kick, the same snare even the same samples to pour salt into the wounds.
Every genre is the same though, try to mimic the last best track.
Fuk the DAT trance mafia.
Doof is pretty much Doof; after buying the albums they got sent to unicef.

Last edited:
What BPm are we at here?
I'd say 163. In all honesty I do like it. Hey pioneer CD_J.
Nah it's brutal, sheesh that's a huge audience; reminds me of holland.

bleep bleep bleep:

Last edited:
The Marusha set was really brutal. Then she switched to house; one switch on the cross-fader was enough. Then again and again every bar, then the 1/4, the 1/8 and 16th's just to pore salts into the sores.

Pretty smooth track Ophidian. IMO it is an example of watered down, house muddled current day psy. Makes me sick. Smooth production fo sho. Is it genuine psy trance? Ya I suppose it is. Is it good psy? I beg to differ. Is it smooth, chill ass trance? Fo sho. Not my cup of psy though.

As my man Hugo says it best,

"All tho I'm not the biggest fan of the more big roomy/commercial 'psy', I love this one!" :

The Marusha set was really brutal. Then she switched to house; one switch on the cross-fader was enough. Then again and again every bar, then the 1/4, the 1/8 and 16th's just to pore salts into the sores.
Bro I love what you are doing here, incorporating synth tools into the discussion. Talk about discussion thread progression. Kudos bro.

Shouts out to you both. Sorry I'm just listening to both the above tracks. Usually once dunce thrice, pointing and click on da-choob isn't really as hands on as vinyl.
The I-audio U3 is a a preferred method for auditioning tracks.
It has 4 levels of fast forward to choose from, it can bookmark choons on the fly, it has a pitch funcion and it's a tiny device.
iaudiou3.jpg

The big ol' knob at the side has various functions, left and right is fast forward and rewind or next track or previous. Up and down is for menu functions, scrolling and such. Then just press in the middle (long hold or click) is at the user discretion, long hold I use for bookmarking one of the 200 tracks it holds in RAM.
It's always nice to look at good functional gear.
5 bucks or best offer.

Last edited:
Sorry I just noticed that's the sample from children of the bong; the same thing pitched up a few scales ;)
Man made man, am I dumb.
I really have to listen to it again though, it's brutal.
Many thank to kx_ for posting the Marusha set. As much as I love to hate it; I wish I was there.

Last edited:
Yes!!!! There are tonnes of pay events in the UK. I used to put some of them on. Anyone interested, PM for more details.

^nice. you can never go wrong with OSOM.

Still can't believe they booked Ajja for Symbiosis. They almost never have psytrance at big festivals in the U.S.. It's going to be a rare treat.

I love Ajja's stuff! I've experienced his live set 3x now, at ozora -13, and boom -14 + He was playing at this underground party here in Finland which was good shit <3 Actually had a chance to talk to him at Boom festival, at the morning after his set. I was coming down on everything so the conversation wasn't that good, but anyway got to shake his hand and tell him how I feel bout his music :) He's such an inspiring person.

Also some music:
https://soundcloud.com/chrisrich/chris-rich-pyrite-music-ep

getting my ticket on friday. :)

You should go man! There's going to be a lot of psytrance this year: Ajja, Perfect Stranger, Tristan, Groove Addict, Tetrameth, Yab Yum