PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd chime in here to introduce the music of a very good friend of mine. I remember when this kid was into nothing but metal and goth music and now he's producing some fucking awesome psytrance.

http://www.myspace.com/psilopsyb

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think. I'll pass on any comments/criticisms :)

wow this is pretty great stuff

Anyone heard the album "Art Making Machine" by Domestic? It's really good full-on psytrance. Not particularly psychedelic, but still really good.

F.F.T. just sounds like rave music with stereotypical psy sounds, I really don't get why music like that is still so popular, most psy now-a-days is boring the hell out of me, with cliched build ups and sounds. And the over sexed up psy sound is so obnoxious a cheesy, those moans are fucking pointless, dance music is sexual enough.

That said, Crazy Astronaut is super fun, if not super cheesy at times, I wouldn't mind more 175 melodic psy.

Last edited:
Tristan Boyle's debut album Future Fabric is ripping. Reminiscent of early Infected at times, with his own quirky signature sound throughout. Highly recommended. Heard some Bufo at a friend's house today as well, some crazy sounding shit.

I'm gonna see infected mushroom next month. Does anyone know if they still play their older stuff as well??

I'm gonna see infected mushroom next month. Does anyone know if they still play their older stuff as well??

They will, but from my personal experience the concert will be feel more like a rock concert rather than psytrance show. Way too many guitars and live vocals and stuff. But they will play their old stuff as well, although I imagine the focus will be on their new stuff. Hopefully, I am wrong and they will give a proper psytrance show. :)

NYE party we're having here. Best line up I've ever seen.

- 06:30 - 07:30 :: Shift

Shift morning set - how did that go? From the last Boom, it was Artifakt who was moving much quicker in that direction.

Who played the best sets? Unsurprisingly, the lineup looks full of Timecode and Nano...

I just thought I'd chime in here to introduce the music of a very good friend of mine. I remember when this kid was into nothing but metal and goth music and now he's producing some fucking awesome psytrance.

http://www.myspace.com/psilopsyb

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think. I'll pass on any comments/criticisms :)

impressive :)
tell him to get his arse out to aus, he seems to have the right contacts in his top friends list to do so!!

^ As far as I'm aware, there is an Australian label that are interested in him :)

I saw Infected Mushroom a month ago. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting it to be more psy-trancey. It was way too rocky-guitar-wailing for my liking (and I've more or less been into metal my whole life).

That being said, the atmosphere when they play some of their older classics is still unbeatable!

They will, but from my personal experience the concert will be feel more like a rock concert rather than psytrance show. Way too many guitars and live vocals and stuff. But they will play their old stuff as well, although I imagine the focus will be on their new stuff. Hopefully, I am wrong and they will give a proper psytrance show. :)

I saw Infected Mushroom a month ago. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting it to be more psy-trancey. It was way too rocky-guitar-wailing for my liking (and I've more or less been into metal my whole life).

That being said, the atmosphere when they play some of their older classics is still unbeatable!

damn was kind of expecting that. i'm a big metal fan too but when i listen to infected mushroom it's not cause i wanna hear that so much....it'll still be fun tho im sure.

Have you seen the footage of them playing a recent-ish show in Japan?...they skipped all the new rock arena type stuff and just did all the classics (including stuff like The Fly!). Reminded me of the early days when I saw them a few times. The last show of theirs I caught was for IM The Supervisor and they were still thumping the floor tracks.

Most of their recent shows seem to be much more weighted to the new stuff - but that's just judging by what I've seen on YouTube. Would be interested to hear what their set-list is like.

Have you seen the footage of them playing a recent-ish show in Japan?...they skipped all the new rock arena type stuff and just did all the classics (including stuff like The Fly!). Reminded me of the early days when I saw them a few times. The last show of theirs I caught was for IM The Supervisor and they were still thumping the floor tracks.

Most of their recent shows seem to be much more weighted to the new stuff - but that's just judging by what I've seen on YouTube. Would be interested to hear what their set-list is like.

Wow that sounds awesome! I would love to see Infected Mushroom doing a proper gig that was more like acid-drenched psytrance show. No rock and vocal BS. I don't want to sound elitist, but it would be nice to not have any "randoms" at the show as well, I just want crazy psy people and not the "Yo, let's check out those Infected Mushrooms, they got come cool shit Yo!"

Wow that sounds awesome! I would love to see Infected Mushroom doing a proper gig that was more like acid-drenched psytrance show. No rock and vocal BS. I don't want to sound elitist, but it would be nice to not have any "randoms" at the show as well, I just want crazy psy people and not the "Yo, let's check out those Infected Mushrooms, they got come cool shit Yo!"

I cannot agree more with this post :)

Damn straight... :)

Infected @ Earthcore 2003... will NEVER forget... the huge lightning storm over our heads as they played and thunder rumbling in time with the bass... that was the Infected I love :)

I just started getting into Psy Trance recently.

I have downloaded songs from the following artists:

-Infected Mushroom
-Christopher Lawrence
-Astrix
-Electro Sun
-1200 Micrograms

Any other good artists you guys can recommend?

Thanks.

I saw Infected Mushroom about a month ago, absolutely loved it. Didn't mind the rock showy feel too much, it was still a great performance with a great vibe. Imo, the best part of the night came after their main set, when most of the club cleared out but they kept the psytrance going. Empty dancefloor + awesome sound system + psytrance = win. Imo, the worst part was Fabian Bates opening. Ughhhhhhh.

@ Serious, here's some stuff I'd recommend for you to check out off the top of my head, it's all pretty easy to get into:

So far as mixes are concerned...
-Bizarre Contact's "Live in Brazil" mix was the first psytrance item I ever downloaded, still love it to death. Easy enough to find.
-ITP Trance Group's mix you can get from Buddha Bomb's website is another one of my all time favorites. Buddha Bomb's psytrance mixes ain't bad either, and he's got a good amount of them available for download, as well as ambient/chillout stuff too.
-Johnny Licorice's "The Earth Mix" is really fun to listen through, lot's of cool tracks with guitars and whatnot.

So far as albums are concerned...
- Rinkadink's "Pirate Signal" was one of my first downloads and still one of my favorites. Kind of tame in comparison to some of the psytrance out there, but it's a fairly enjoyable listen.
- Luomuhappo's "Borealophitecus" kicks so much ass it isn't even funny. Hands down my favorite psytrance release I've ever found. It's super groovy, super funky and utterly infectious. Go search for it on archive.org, you won't regret it.

Other artists in general.... Juno Reactor's discography is worth checking out, there's some gems scattered about (Pistolero ftw). Electric Universe has some good tracks that incorporate guitar riffs. Aural Planet's discography has releases that span from psytrance to psyDnB to downtempo/ambient, I've enjoyed listening through their works. If you're up for some dark psy, I'd say Unwashed Tomato is a good place to start, their label's site has some free compilation releases to check out too. The artists Pink listed are all good stuff also.

And speaking of free releases... let me go nab a couple links right quick.
- The Triplag label has some nice dark psy compilations plus a streaming web radio channel
http://www.triplag.com/music/free/
- Ektoplazm... what can I say? Bless their souls, they've compiled a gajillion free, readily downloadable releases spanning the entire range of psychedelic electronica from around the globe. You'll never run out of music to listen through, there's tons of great stuff to broaden your psytrance horizons.
http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music/

Happy listening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.