View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psycidelics and Medication

PharmaceuticalFun

Greenlighter
A demon who possessed my friend wants to know about the effects of taking psycidelic drugs while on certain medications. The demon wants to know what would happen if a person taking daily 0.25 mg of risperidone, 40 mg of fluoxetine, 3 mg of melatonin and a vitamin B12 supplement took:

-DMT.
-LSD.
-Psilocybin mushrooms.

The person that this demon is asking about is on such a low risperidone dose because this person is currently weaning his/her self of risperidone. And will probably be completely risperidone free by the time he/she acquires these substances.

The demon's main questions are:

-Whould the fluoxetine be likely to cause serotonin syndrome when taken with these psycidelic drugs?

-If not how much would the fluoxetine reduce the effects of the drugs?

-If this person is still taking risperidone when he/she takes the psycidelic drugs listed, how would it effect the user's experience?

-Would the melatonin and vitamin B12 have any effect on these psycidelic drugs?

-Is there anything else that this user should know?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure this demon will be very happy when he/she gets an answer.

Welcome to the site. :)

We use the first person here on BL. The workarounds like swim, demon, etc don't really protect you so we just use I. makes things easier to read.

Such a low dose of risperidone might dampen things a little but won't block it entirely.

If you are in the process of weaning off of APs then I would hold off until you are off entirely and symptom free for a month or two. APs can mess with the way that your body regulates heat (among other things), i think overheating on LSD when discontinuing these drugs is a real risk. Risperidone effects dopamine more than other atypicals and I think you would be at an increased chance for mania, even if you weren't predisposed before, LSD would prob be the most likely to cause problems.

the prozac is more or less ok. you aren't at risk for SS. It could dampen it some for sure. some people do report having weird issues and bad reactions but it won't kill you. I would avoid doing it personally.

melatonin and b12 is fine.

Whatever you were taking the drugs for originally can flare up when taking psychedelics. Not always but you should be more cautious of dose, set and setting, etc, esp if you have never taken them before. once you stop taking these types of drugs it can take a little while for your brain to get back to normal. It all depends on how long you were taking them, what dosage, and your individual biochemistry. It can be a risky business mixing these types of drugs and going through changes with medications etc. Not an ideal time to be tripping IMO.