• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychotic Episode?

One time I took a bit too much oral DMT and basically went completely insane until I was given tranquilizers, Like psychotic episode kinda of insane....The way it was described to me (I blacked out the entire night), it was probably a lot scarier to witness than what this guy went through in the OP....psychedelics can put people far far far out there..

Also one time I had about a 5 second seizure on mushrooms, but I was also really dehydrated and whited out.

One time i took 6 hits of acid and my cousin did 4. After about an hour he starts saying things like "This is what morrison felt." Doesnt sound bad but thats what he said for about 30 minutes rolling around on the floor. Then he starts screaming that he doesnt wanna die runs for the door and runs to the street. Im trying to catch him and hes yelling "No dont kill me!" with all his neighbors watching. I said he was just really drunk and helped him back inside as he cried about dieing.

He then proceeded to repeat everything on tv like "Lower your credit card debt through the relief group and shit." He had no thoughts of his own. He would randomly flip out and ram his head into things or throw things. I asked him my name and he said frotto baggins! which isnt my name. So i spent 4 hours talking to him like a little kid "What colors your car?" "Do you like to smoke weed, what colors your pipe?" Id try to do things like "Do you take acid, whats that like do you feel like your tripping now?" hoping to get him to realize it and perhaps snap out of it. Once he stopped saying it was 1965, 66, 67, 68,.... (he would randomly start counting) and responded with August 2008, i knew he would be fine.

Then he randomly goes "Am i going to be arrested, guys i think something happened tonight i cant remember anything" He literally went from insane to sober in 5 seconds. He came out of it and wasnt arrested thanks to me i chased him down the street 3 times. The ironic part was he said "dude 6 hits are you sure you can handle that" which evolved into the kid on 6 hits taking care of the one on 4.

The whole thing opened my eyes to how different people are. Hes my cousin and it wasnt his first difficult experience be it the most extreme. I couldnt imagine getting to that point but i know its a possibility for all of us.

Side note, most seizures on psyches arnt true seizures in the dramatic sense. If your low on glucose, mushrooms make this worse, you will black out for a few seconds. Since your not brain dead your neurons are still firing and this causes your muscles to spasm since your not there to control them. They arnt bad its happened to me but they arnt good either. Eat, stay hydrated and just be healthy and you wont have one. I hate when people call them seizures conjures up images of a medical drama, its your body saying "jackass eat or drink something"

First time I did nitrous was with a buddy of mine a few months ago and a friend's gf had a seizure. She just fell back onto the table and started shaking...

Scary.. just oxygen deprivation maybe?

One time I took a bit too much oral DMT and basically went completely insane until I was given tranquilizers, Like psychotic episode kinda of insane....The way it was described to me (I blacked out the entire night), it was probably a lot scarier to witness than what this guy went through in the OP....psychedelics can put people far far far out there..

Also one time I had about a 5 second seizure on mushrooms, but I was also really dehydrated and whited out.

Damn man, that is scary.. tranqs o_o Yeah, I had a pretty bad episode with MDMA once, had some bizarre aneurysm type thing and it did something to my neck.. it has hurt constantly since that night (that was last July), and it didn't help that about 3 weeks later some completely trashed dude nearly broke my damn neck by cannon balling the fucking teeter totter in my friends backyard that I was sitting on.. it was pitch dark and I was in total out of this world robozone (friends 21st birthday, I was the only person not drunk). Fucking broke my damn nose and knocked me out for a minute.. not fucking cool, I was out of this world completely.. but at least I didn't feel a damn thing haha, but was totally drenched in my own blood and kept asking for my boyfriend, I was pretty disoriented because I didn't really know what happened at all, and I was only about 1/10th in the same plane as everyone else even still lol. That dude weighed 250 lbs or more at least.. I'm only 95 pounds, haha, still surprised I didn't die somehow 8o People told me I had a death grip on the teeter totter, and even though I was out cold I had to get pried off, lol. Damned insane drunk people!

One time i took 6 hits of acid and my cousin did 4. After about an hour he starts saying things like "This is what morrison felt." Doesnt sound bad but thats what he said for about 30 minutes rolling around on the floor. Then he starts screaming that he doesnt wanna die runs for the door and runs to the street. Im trying to catch him and hes yelling "No dont kill me!" with all his neighbors watching. I said he was just really drunk and helped him back inside as he cried about dieing.

He then proceeded to repeat everything on tv like "Lower your credit card debt through the relief group and shit." He had no thoughts of his own. He would randomly flip out and ram his head into things or throw things. I asked him my name and he said frotto baggins! which isnt my name. So i spent 4 hours talking to him like a little kid "What colors your car?" "Do you like to smoke weed, what colors your pipe?" Id try to do things like "Do you take acid, whats that like do you feel like your tripping now?" hoping to get him to realize it and perhaps snap out of it. Once he stopped saying it was 1965, 66, 67, 68,.... (he would randomly start counting) and responded with August 2008, i knew he would be fine.

Then he randomly goes "Am i going to be arrested, guys i think something happened tonight i cant remember anything" He literally went from insane to sober in 5 seconds. He came out of it and wasnt arrested thanks to me i chased him down the street 3 times. The ironic part was he said "dude 6 hits are you sure you can handle that" which evolved into the kid on 6 hits taking care of the one on 4.

The whole thing opened my eyes to how different people are. Hes my cousin and it wasnt his first difficult experience be it the most extreme. I couldnt imagine getting to that point but i know its a possibility for all of us.

Side note, most seizures on psyches arnt true seizures in the dramatic sense. If your low on glucose, mushrooms make this worse, you will black out for a few seconds. Since your not brain dead your neurons are still firing and this causes your muscles to spasm since your not there to control them. They arnt bad its happened to me but they arnt good either. Eat, stay hydrated and just be healthy and you wont have one. I hate when people call them seizures conjures up images of a medical drama, its your body saying "jackass eat or drink something"

Wow, extremely good effort on your behalf man, been on 6 hits.. witnessing your cousin having a rather extreme traumatic experience, and been able to help him.

I've found a few times that, you can pull yourself almost entirely out of a trip in dire situations.. such as needing to help your cousin. It's happened to me once where i started to vomit after ingesting an unknown psychedelic.. my immediate concern was my health, and i was directing all my attention onto surviving basically.. i knew that something was very very wrong.

Black outs, white outs, and psychotic breaks are all very different....5-Meo-DMT whites me out in apparent unconciousness interpersed with AHH HELPs and strange grunting.

The worst seizure I witnessed was a friend on MDMA/MDxx, and meth We both bought some unstamped white pills (bad idea). Well, they were awesome pills, fucking strong- I had a few doses of G and we retrned to the club (Bass Station on Chapel Street to any melbouneAustralians) where upon he dropped, had a fit for a bout 3 mins, got soacked in ice-water (SHOCK!) and then hospitalised. The only element different between myself and his dosing was (besides me being bigger then him) the fact I had G. Scary stuff- seu sequently at the hospital ER, another friend who had purchased the same pill decided to eat it down, reasoning that being in an ER would be the best place for him to do it :D Bad but funny if you knew the guy.

But, Malkaix, as soon as my buddy started seizing, I was completely sober (at least of the MDxx). Incidentally this was all many moons ago when I was a foolish younger one. But it was interesting to go from fucked off head to straight as required.

I went to a festival in NY 2007 and had a very strange trip. I felt like i went insane for a few hours, and i got a video a day before of a guy having some crazy trip. There were def some telepathic things going on (during my trip the next night) and then i felt some crazy drop in energy, and had police sirens in my head and alot of other aouditory "hallucinations". And i know it was real because whatever was happening i felt i needed to leave that area but i couldnt leave. Also a group of other people (at the same level as me) started freaking out and leaving this festival!!! Some strange shit, i think that experiance mainly led me to start making Orgonite to protect us all from things like that. The energy feilds on our planet are definetly being messed with in some Negitive ways.....-(mobile phone towers?)funny how the cell freq. are set on the same freq. as our brain waves.

Last edited:
Reading this topic is giving me chills... just thinking about the disturbing effects that psychs have from time to time on people, and reflecting on my own experiences.

ya

thanks for sharing guys

I think i will get that book, healing after drugs

and will move out to find a quiet space of my own

I need to heal myself

and I feel pretty ill myself

lived a lot of abuse

from family, from everyone at school

people outside

also, searching for truth or something ?

and yeah i've had a lot of fucked up things happend on psychs
they say not to do them alone

I feel that alone would be the best thing
but for sure you could lose yourself

the pain I Feel of living is bad it's fucked.

the egoistical people
the concrete
the buildings
everything expensive

everything, working

but for sure.. I will try to get out of this shithole

this is a pretty heavy topic when you have witnessed something so full on.

my best friend skitzed the hell out bad one night when it was just 4 of us tripping at his place.
it sounds similar to previous stories in this thread - thought he was dying, screaming random words, random peoples names, screaming out to his 'dying sister :\' etc.
it was way too much for us to handle.. he was trying to jump infront of cars and kept violently turning on us like we were strangers (mind you he is twice the size and strength of us) so we had to call emergency services and leave him in the middle of the street where he was bugging out.
he woke up handcuffed to a hospital bed with this clothes ripped open, slashed wrists/arms, pepper sprayed eyes and taser marks (both from the police when they tried getting him down during his episode).
really scary shit - nobody should have to witness something like that, especially when they are on psychs too.

I recently witnessed something rather uneasy with a person i met at a Party, my friends an i came to the conclusion (based off what we saw) that this person had just suffered some form of a psychotic episode.. but i wanted to get a more informed opinion, as it may of been something unrelated.

My friends an i attended a Psy Party last weekend.. we had parked next too another group of people, and throughout the night we occasionally bumped into the other group as we went to get beers and drugs from our cars.

Anyway, of the 3 of these people we met.. 2 were very relaxed and calm, they seemed like very typical stoners.. whereas the other guy was pretty 'out there' he brought these 2 friends of his to show them what a Psy Party was like.. they were all on 1 tab of acid and for the duration of there trip (all night) the 2 calm guys were pretty well controlled.. the crazier dude was off somewhere enjoying himself. - (He was a more experienced user of psych's)

I chatted with these two calm guys for a majority of the night about Psy Partys, acid.. etc.. and they seemed pretty in control and enjoying themselves.

Now it wasn't untill around 6:30am that i was kinda half-asleep half-awake in my car next to them.. that i heard the two guys panicking about loosing there car keys.. i casually listened.. untill it escalated to one of them absolutely 'loosing it'. I had never seen anyone loose there mind so intensely while on acid.. he started screaming and laughing, which soon turned into him yelling out for his mum and walking around the camp site yelling out towards the sky.. this continued for at least 30mins or more.. i got really worried, the fact that he was yelling out for his mum made me think something has happened in his mind where maybe loosing his keys related back to some childhood memory of having something taken from him, and him calling out to his mum. I heard him a few times yelling 'I want STUFF!'.

Im not sure if this belongs here, but i've never seen someone act like this on a psychedelic before.. it really seemed like something has snapped, when we waved goodbye to him.. he just started clapping his hands all excited.. it was almost like he was acting like a child.

I hope hes ok, i only met him that night.. but to see someone go from so in control to this was quite a disturbing site for me to witness.

Note: This was well after his peak, i'd say around the 9hour mark.. i would of just thought he was tripping really hard except for the fact he was yelling out for his mom and acting like a child would in a case of extreme anxiety.

What? That's what psychedelics are usually like... lots of wandering around like a lost idiot and screaming things at people. At least for me, in public.

this is a pretty heavy topic when you have witnessed something so full on.

my best friend skitzed the hell out bad one night when it was just 4 of us tripping at his place.
it sounds similar to previous stories in this thread - thought he was dying, screaming random words, random peoples names, screaming out to his 'dying sister :\' etc.
it was way too much for us to handle.. he was trying to jump infront of cars and kept violently turning on us like we were strangers (mind you he is twice the size and strength of us) so we had to call emergency services and leave him in the middle of the street where he was bugging out.
he woke up handcuffed to a hospital bed with this clothes ripped open, slashed wrists/arms, pepper sprayed eyes and taser marks (both from the police when they tried getting him down during his episode).
really scary shit - nobody should have to witness something like that, especially when they are on psychs too.

Are you serious? Fuck man, I understand your worry, but you should NEVER EVER leave someone tripping on illegal drugs to be handled by the cops. I undertand that your friend was going berserk, but you've dosed with him, your on the same ride- what you do then is call an AMBULANCE as he does not need legal help, but medical attention. There are psychiatric emergency services- but really, if your going to be taking psychedelics, you need to either be able to handle your self and your friends tripping, have a way out if neccesary such as antipsychotics or benzos.....but you will find that with care to SET and SETTING, these types of reactions will decrease.

I mean, I've taken off my clothes and ran around my street, compltely aware of what a psychedelic cliche it is, but enjoying it nonetheless. I know I've disturbed my friends before, but if they called the cops- hmm. Why did you call the police of all people? That just makes no sense. If your too afraid to handle the consequences of tripping, don't do it. Violent outbreaks are one of the conseuquences.

Well it seemed like the best idea at the time, seeing as he attempted to smash schooner glasses into my head multiple times for no reason.
I don't care how good of mates we are, if somebody loses their mind like that and is putting my life aswell as theirs in danger then I think calling the cops is a great idea. Mind you it took 5 cops and 2 paramedics to get him down and into the car so how do you think just 2 paramedics would have handled the situation??

Meh my cousin was throwing his guitars and stuff. It got to the point where id tackle him everytime he tried to get up. He would do things like ram his head into the computer or throw things. It happens what of when it happens to you? The reason your boy had the police use force is someone in that situation cant feel or understand whats happening. It sounds mean but if you had your other friends forcefully take him down and subdue him for an hour he'd calm down. I did it on 6 hits but i wasnt going to let him get arrested because we wanted to trip, though i really wanted to do what you did.

We tried to restrain him before we made the call but like I said, he is massive older and stronger than any of us.. My 2 other mates are tiny so we couldn't really do much with our heads full of acid.
I stand by my decision, otherwise he could be dead.

this kid i went to high school with was partying up at penn state and decided to drop some shrooms, about an hour after he peaked he started to get very paranoid and thought people were trying to kill him so he went to the police station and told them how people were trying to kill him and that he took drugs. absolute true story not sure what kind of trouble he got into probably some kind of under the influence charge luckily he didnt have any drugs on him

What? That's what psychedelics are usually like... lots of wandering around like a lost idiot and screaming things at people. At least for me, in public.

Well.. i guess in a way. But a majority of people have some sense of 'control' or 'awareness' like they remember who there friends are, there tripping hard and may not make sense but they have some sense of understanding..

But i'd never seen someone yell out for there mum in agony, crying and laughing on the dirt ground.. it seems at that point you've crossed the event horizon within your own mind..

Well it seemed like the best idea at the time, seeing as he attempted to smash schooner glasses into my head multiple times for no reason.
I don't care how good of mates we are, if somebody loses their mind like that and is putting my life aswell as theirs in danger then I think calling the cops is a great idea. Mind you it took 5 cops and 2 paramedics to get him down and into the car so how do you think just 2 paramedics would have handled the situation??

True, but put yourself in that position.

I would rather my friends knocked me out then get beaten up and possibly charged by the police, and pay for a hospital visit personally. Then again, its probably not all that wise to start trying to knock people out when your tripping. Either way, your more likely to panic if those odd beings attacking you really ar the cops.....

yeah. trust me, calling the cops was our best / only reasonable option at the time.
im not sure if its the same in other countries or states, but i dont think we can get in shit off the cops if we are on drugs (unless we are in a place surrounded by other people / shopping centres etc..). the police took my mate into the hospital, handcuffed him to a bed and then left.. we didnt hear from them again.

^Fair enough; I believe you had your mates safety in mind, but possibly next time hire like a sumo wrestler if you drop with him again.

I must say, I've never seen anyone go compltely apeshit, though having done so many times, I will say it is a truly PEAK experience, that scares the fuck out of most humans not involved. Psychedelics are best taken away from crowds/cities/modern things.

[eK] I noticed you said all 4 of you were tripping.. do you think you would of still called the cops had you been sober?

I sometimes find i make a rather rash decision tripping, when faced with an immediate situation.. not to mention you end up perceiving negative emotion much much more intently when tripping. I tend to soak up other peoples emotions when im tripping.. if there in 'fear' of something.. it sometimes puts my mind state in fear.

I also agree with Swilow on taking psychedelics away from crowds and modern things. I've tripped with friends inside a house before.. and the major problem i find with this is.. your thoughts are expanding rapidly.. but your mind feels 'boxed in' because your inside this 'room/house' your world becomes that room especially if you start to experience partial ego-loss.. which can quickly turn into a bad trip.. paranoia, anxiety, fear..

Thats why outside with 'nature'.. something natural is always a good idea. I have noticed a majority of bad trip stories i've heard usually involved people tripping in the city or at a friends house and such where the rules of society still apply.

Ive tripped at a huge 25,000+ festival before.. i thought i was experienced enough to handle it, it was alot more confronting then i'd imagined.. especially when festivals attract very egotistical youth and you can see right through the act there putting on.

Anyway, thats my take on it :)