View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychopathy/ASPD and psychedelic use

AA357

Bluelighter
With all the threads that have been posted on here lately concerning the effects of psychedelics on schizophrenia/psychosis, I'm wondering if anybody on here has any experience with psychedelic drugs and antisocial personality disorder or psychopathy.

I have fairly mild ASPD, of the reputation-defending variety (caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors). I'm content with who I am as a person, I have quite a shallow emotional range, almost no regrets and there are very few people in this world who I actually give a shit about.
I take psychedelics (mostly 2C-E) 1-2 times per week just because they make me feel great. I don't find them deep, spiritual or therapeutic in any way; just insanely euphoric.

My theory is that antisocials and psychopaths are naturally better equipped to handle psychedelic trips than the general population. For the most part, ASPD 'sufferers' are reasonably well-adjusted and on the whole we have a very low predisposition to psychosis and depression.

I don't know, seeing that you don't find psychedelics to have a deep or spiritual side when you trip maybe it's possible that they don't light up the parts of your brain that could expose you to psychosis?

It is interesting that it's mainly euphoria for you without the mental aspect of things, though I'd also say that it's not a result of psychopaths handling trips better but rather you being immune to the mental effects of tripping.

2CE twice a week? Sounds pretty brutal to me. I think you're on the wrong psychedelic. Maybe LSD will improve your personality disorder whereas 2CE is clearly not working. Or maybe something which isn't a serotonergic, like maybe MXE. That would probably fix you. You want to be able to experience empathy for your fellow humans, don't you? I personally don't LIKE many people but I do feel empathy for them.

I don't know, seeing that you don't find psychedelics to have a deep or spiritual side when you trip maybe it's possible that they don't light up the parts of your brain that could expose you to psychosis?

It is interesting that it's mainly euphoria for you without the mental aspect of things, though I'd also say that it's not a result of psychopaths handling trips better but rather you being immune to the mental effects of tripping.
I'm by no means 'immune to the mental effects of tripping'. I get mindfuck just like everybody else does; it just doesn't bother me because I don't take it seriously.
I do get anxiety on occasion while tripping, but it's superficial and pretty easy to avoid.

2CE twice a week? Sounds pretty brutal to me. I think you're on the wrong psychedelic.
NO. 2C-E is the most mellow and relaxing psychedelic for me, which is why I take it so often.

Maybe LSD will improve your personality disorder whereas 2CE is clearly not working.
LSD gives me the purest, most silly and happy euphoria out of all psychedelics.
What I don't like about LSD is that I get bored easily when I'm on it... for me, set and setting are a lot more important with LSD than with 2C-E.
It's great stuff but it doesn't 'improve my personality disorder' in any way. It gives me profound feelings of love for myself... it's a very hedonistic experience.

I've also had DPT, shrooms and 4-AcO-DMT many times.

Or maybe something which isn't a serotonergic, like maybe MXE. That would probably fix you.
LOL I don't need fixing... I'm not broken.

I played around with MXE a lot last year. It can be highly euphoric but it's pure insanity. It genuinely amazes me that people find drugs like MXE and K insightful... to each their own I guess. I mostly used to use it as a painkiller for severe injuries.

You want to be able to experience empathy for your fellow humans, don't you? I personally don't LIKE many people but I do feel empathy for them.
I'm happy the way I am.
I am able to maintain stable relationships with the few people I actually do care about/empathize with, and I can hold down a job so I don't really see it as a problem.

I read about the subject of others who did psychedelics and was psychopaths. One comment struck me as interesting, that during the trip thoughts tried to materialize. This was all I could find of interest of google

Last edited:
Have you considered low doses of 4meo DMT?
There is far more research into Psilocin, and its effect on personality disorders.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/235232.php

I personally know several people that have been low dosing Cubensis ( 1.5gr. ) daily for several years, for very similar reasons to yours, and their lives have changed for the better.
Granted 4meo DMT is a synthetic version, and the dosage would be far less (30mg.) daily but seeing as you have access to synthetics it MAY be an option for you.
At the least it may be worth looking into.

4-MeO-DMT is pretty obscure, I think....were you thinking of 4-AcO-DMT?

^I think he means 4-Ho-DMT which is psilocin.

^^^I have quite a bit of experience with psilocin and 4-AcO-DMT. They are quality psychedelics.

:? sociopath with a heart of gold?
Uh... we're not all fucking Hannibal Lecters. I couldn't be bothered getting into it but since you asked:
My emotions are blunted/distorted, not totally dead. I really couldn't give a shit about people in general. I find most people are either annoying, insufferably ignorant/stupid/weak or simply not worth talking to. I have anger issues and I'm not above using anger as a tool to get what I want. I'm prone to antisocial behaviour when I feel people are undermining me or getting in my way. I'm no Mother Teresa... let's put it that way.
I only have 2 or 3 close friends but I feel a sense of loyalty to them and I would never fuck them over.

I do genuinely care about my mother and I hate to see her distressed. She is probably the only person I feel real empathy for... if things weren't right between us I would definitely not be at peace with myself.

I also care about myself and I don't want to go to prison (I hear it sucks) or get a criminal record. This has stopped me from doing a lot of bad shit.

Last edited:
I think some of you are missing the point of this thread. OP is not looking for a solution to a problem. He's looking for people with similar experiences.

I think it's way too easy to get a psychological diagnosis in the western world, particularly US but also EU. Too many people get ADHD or bipolar or whatever stuck to them by a doctor, and from then on it defines who they are.

What the hell happened to people just being different? What the fuck is normal? I don't have a diagnose, but I'm not "normal" either. It's a fact.

AA357, you're only a sociopath if you want to be, I mean, you're in control of your own life, that much is clear (not everybody is) which means YOU decide who you want to be. We all have ideas about how we are, like, I'm introvert and I'm like this and that.....well, that can be changed if you mean it, Mind you, I'm not saying real mental disease doesn't exist, of cause it does, but......

I think some of you are missing the point of this thread. OP is not looking for a solution to a problem. He's looking for people with similar experiences.
THIS.

I never asked anybody for help. Like I said I'm actually quite happy with who I am as a person (which you have to be to be able to use psychedelics on a regular basis). I'm just wondering how antisocials and psychopaths on the whole react to the psychedelic experience.

"altitudes" post was interesting right up until he suggested I was "immune to the mental effects of tripping".

You sound pretty healthy to me. I think this is a fascinating subject and it's unfortunate that there are likely to be few, if any responses from similar people.

I predict this thread is unlikely to get many on-topic contributions, but you can't blame people for having an opinion imo, it's not everyday PD get's visited by a declared psychopath.

Good luck with your "label", may it serve you well.

yeah, I dont understand you call yourself a psychopath. you dont seem like a psychopath at all
THIS.

I never asked anybody for help. Like I said I'm actually quite happy with who I am as a person (which you have to be to be able to use psychedelics on a regular basis). I'm just wondering how antisocials and psychopaths on the whole react to the psychedelic experience.

"altitudes" post was interesting right up until he suggested I was "immune to the mental effects of tripping".

i´m working in the social field and i´ve got quite a bit of experience with people living "outside the norm"......and you definetly DONT meet my definition of a psychopath. i feel you´re a deeply vulnerable, emotional person that has gont through too much shit and has ended in a strange mental state.

correct me if i´m wrong

Diagnosing someone based on Internet posts. Because that's effective. What's your degree again?

Let's leave the snarkiness out of it... totally unnecessary.

I just don't see any value in diagnosing people on the Internet with no expertise. I am also confused about the usefulness of a "personal definition" that differs from the real definition. What does that even mean? How can it possibly be useful?

I just don't see any value in diagnosing people on the Internet with no expertise. I am also confused about the usefulness of a "personal definition" that differs from the real definition. What does that even mean? How can it possibly be useful?

And that response accomplished a lot more than your previous one, because it was respectful and explained your position. :)

It wasn't a big deal, I just don't want this thread to devolve into bickering or personal attacks.

Last edited: