• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Psychologist wants me to go to rehab but I'm 76 days sober. What would you do?

Are you diagnosed bipolar? It sounds like you are also experiencing agoraphobia.

I do have bipolar. Type 2 to be specific.

These last few days of sobriety have been weird. It has definitely been easier to not use but the odd craving is still there.

I must admit having extra cash in the pocket is good. Unfortunately I am still being lazy about work.

Hey noonoo, after reading through this thread again and your other threads in SL and TDS, I am beginning to see why your psychologist might be recommending inpatient treatment. There is more types of inpatient treatment than drug rehab, and some even specialize in treating multiple disorders like mental illness and drug addiction.

They are definitely expensive, but a good one that is well staffed should be worth the money. Drug rehabs get a bad rap and probably for good reason, but that doesn't mean all of them are bad. There definitely are a lot of shitty ones out there, but not all of them are bad. Hopefully you can work with your psychologist to find a reputable facility that has good and honest treatment if that is the route you choose. They can be a good place to work through things like agrophobia and mania.

Hey noonoo, after reading through this thread again and your other threads in SL and TDS, I am beginning to see why your psychologist might be recommending inpatient treatment. There is more types of inpatient treatment than drug rehab, and some even specialize in treating multiple disorders like mental illness and drug addiction.

They are definitely expensive, but a good one that is well staffed should be worth the money. Drug rehabs get a bad rap and probably for good reason, but that doesn't mean all of them are bad. There definitely are a lot of shitty ones out there, but not all of them are bad. Hopefully you can work with your psychologist to find a reputable facility that has good and honest treatment if that is the route you choose. They can be a good place to work through things like agrophobia and mania.

I think I just need to stop moping and being lazy and get on with it. I have gotten a head start now being sober for so long minus my little relapse on the weekend. If memory serves me well when I was at my best many years ago I was achieving a lot by putting in the hours required and then more, plus health was a priority. It seems like a re-occurence again so it is best to milk the situation for what it's worth :)

Do what makes you happy. Just try and find a place that specializes in dual diagnosis