• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychoactive, but not psychedelic mushrooms?

Not too unlike my experience. But I mean really low doses. Where you feel effects but hardly can tell there’s any psychedelia to it and definitely not that you are really tripping.

Like about 1 gram (or even just 0.5g for a small person) of some medium potency shrooms is cool for hanging out with friends, for sex or party where atmosphere is ok for being high on tripy/relaxing stuff.
Even on low doses they feel uncomfortable to me. But in my youth we used to buy native or UK handpicked Psilocybe semilanceata or "Bold Heads/ Libertycaps'. This was before they appeared in Headshops. And those mushrooms strangely gave me very pleasant trips.

When the time is right I will probably take Psilocybine Truffles again and see how I react to them now. As the after effects were always good, I would feel great after the effects wear of, and for quite some time.

what is lions mane supposed to do exactly?
I took one today, but I took a few things. hahaha.
It is proven to improve cognition and help with depression by causing an increase in BDNF release, you can think of it as the growth hormone of the brain, it's a strong neuroprotective peptide hormone.

What is not well known though, is that Lion's Mane is also a strong 5AR (5 alpha reductase) inhibitor, so similar to Finasteride and Dutasteride will strongly reduce the rate of Testosterone conversion into DHT and also reduce the production of other very important neurosteroids.
For most people there are no issues, but there is a small minority of people that get a horrible condition that's just the same as PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome) that causes a long list of symptoms such as depression, anhedonia, extreme cognitive fatigue, anxiety, panic attacks, complete loss of libido, erectile disfunction, penile shrinkage, loss of strength and muscle mass that can last for years and has no known cure.
I never heard of a woman getting this syndrome.
This can happen with just a single dose of Lion's Mane.
There is a subreddit dedicated to the experiences of people that are going through this: https://www.reddit.com/r/LionsManeRecovery/.

Last edited:
you mean it causes dink shrink (PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome))??

Even on low doses they feel uncomfortable to me. But in my youth we used to buy native or UK handpicked Psilocybe semilanceata or "Bold Heads/ Libertycaps'. This was before they appeared in Headshops. And those mushrooms strangely gave me very pleasant trips.

When the time is right I will probably take Psilocybine Truffles again and see how I react to them now. As the after effects were always good, I would feel great after the effects wear of, and for quite some time.
Truffles were strangely pleasant only time I tried them. Ate what I was told is medium dose but it was really light, hardly psychedelic pleasant sexy time with my ex.

you mean it causes dink shrink (PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome))??
Well it won't 100% cause it, it's more like it does that to 1 in 10000 people kinda thing.
There's people that had it full on from one single large dose, as well as people that took it for weeks before they realised something was seriously off.

But yes it can cause PFS, and your dick becoming smaller ranks kinda low on the list of symptoms you get from that condition.

It is proven to improve cognition and help with depression by causing an increase in BDNF release, you can think of it as the growth hormone of the brain, it's a strong neuroprotective peptide hormone.

What is not well known though, is that Lion's Mane is also a strong 5AR (5 alpha reductase) inhibitor, so similar to Finasteride and Dutasteride will strongly reduce the rate of Testosterone conversion into DHT and also reduce the production of other very important neurosteroids.
For most people there are no issues, but there is a small minority of people that get a horrible condition that's just the same as PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome) that causes a long list of symptoms such as depression, anhedonia, extreme cognitive fatigue, anxiety, panic attacks, complete loss of libido, erectile disfunction, penile shrinkage, loss of strength and muscle mass that can last for years and has no known cure.
I never heard of a woman getting this syndrome.
This can happen with just a single dose of Lion's Mane.
There is a subreddit dedicated to the experiences of people that are going through this: https://www.reddit.com/r/LionsManeRecovery/.

This is appreciated.

I do know that many mushrooms can act in such a way, pretty sure Reishi being the most potent in its Fin like effect. I didn’t know Lions Mane could too but will think twice on my use of it.

-GC

This is appreciated.

I do know that many mushrooms can act in such a way, pretty sure Reishi being the most potent in its Fin like effect. I didn’t know Lions Mane could too but will think twice on my use of it.

-GC
Yeah there is a big marketing campaign for Lions Mane right now, the fitness/wellness supplement industry is jumping on it and they never talk about this property and the potential dangers ofcourse.
It's all "Natural" "BDNF" "Neuroprotective" "Neuroregenerative" "Antidepressant" "Nootropic" which is all true but it's not the whole picture.

I have tried Lion's Mane a few times with no issues luckily, but I'm going for Bromantane and psychedelic mushrooms if I want to boost my BDNF from now on.

1 in 10000 for such a nasty side-effect (and as you say only one of many other) isn’t that small number at all. Really appreciate this info as I can get it for free and not knowing this probably would. I’m glad I didn’t use much when I was gifted that and few other mushrooms last time.

1 in 10000 for such a nasty side-effect (and as you say only one of many other) isn’t that small number at all. Really appreciate this info as I can get it for free and not knowing this probably would. I’m glad I didn’t use much when I was gifted that and few other mushrooms last time.
It might even be less than 1 in 10000 mind you, it's just that with the syndrome not even being officially recognized by medical science, it's hard to have any idea of the actual chances of being affected.

It's scary how one could end up disabled for years on end to a degree that one could have terrible, life changing things happen to him beyond having the syndrome.
One could be unable to complete studies, lose the ability to work his job, have relationships affected or compromised by the apparent change in personality....