• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Psycho neighbor, threats and the post office!!

missmeyet?

Bluelighter
Ok, I plan on making a post regarding my crazy neighbor who is continuously threatening, harrassing and slandering me. (I mean she is seriously ill and maybe dangerous?) I would like to get the main points organized before I make post though because so much has happened and I really need some serious and legit advice on dealing with these issues that are really causing problems on a daily basis for me and my kids (I can't even take the toddlers outside anymore to play because of fear of her).

But until I get that together I have a simple question that is related that I hope someone can answer for me.

Another neighbor recently called animal control on this next door neighbor of mine who has been causing constant problems for me and complained about their 7 dogs being too noisy. They automatically assumed it was me (even though as of right now I have never reported them for anything to anybody!). They blame everything bad that happens to them on me although it honestly has NEVER been me behind it (so far-though I am at my breaking point as this has been going on to some degree since November).

The point- since they "thought" it was me they retaliated by calling post office and telling them that I receive drugs regularly in the mail at my home. Evidently (found out from another neighbor) they had done this once before to me several months ago also. After the jerk kept being insistent that they do something about it, they took my info from him; my name, address, my physical description, etc and told my neighbor they couldn't do anything about it without proof but that would start x-raying all my mail.

Now I haven't received anything in mail that I would be worried about since I was a kid many years ago. But I wonder if they were just saying this to get him to shut up or if they really will. What if I did want to get something in mail that was, well, nobody's business or not quite something one would normally send or receive in mail? You know? Do they have addresses or names marked for "x-ray everything that goes to this person/address? If so, how long would they do this if they never found anything?

Any advice that pertains to this would be so appreciated!

Also, I'm not trying to get advice on doing anything illegal, this is totally regarding how annoyed I am that I maybe targeted or suspected due to a crazy neighbor (just one more thing to write in my book of one day there is going to be hell to pay).

Also just for the record, the crazy neighbor and her husband really are small time drug dealers (not in mail but meeting up at their house and other places). Pretty funny huh?

Anybody?
Please?

Make me feel a little comforted guys, I'm at my breaking point with theur crap. I will post the other details later tonight.
C'mon, you guys are my peeps, my community...no one has any comments even...was it too long?
LOL...what makes this crap worse is I'm all the way across the country from home (florida)friends and family. Only been here less than a year and don't really have anyone here.

Ok, before I start sounding too whiny.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say... call the police on them for being paranoid meth head/drug dealers for harassment!

You could also report them for excessive foot traffic at all hours of the night being a nuisance to the neighborhood.

why don't you post a suspicious looking (but harmless) package to yourself and see if it gets looked at? You could post two on the same day, one with something suspicious in it, and one plain one, and see if they arrive at the same time...

Hey Bunny...that's a good idea (under so much stress can't think straight).

What do you think I could do to make it look suspicious?

Maybe a bottle of vitamins or something...so it looks like pills being shipped or something?

Any ideas?

Thanks again

God, it sounds like you live in Phoenix...

Anyway, you might have to consider moving. Sorry. But if you have kids and a crazy neighbour has you so terrified, I see no other way.

And I bet that your other neighbours told her you were the one who snitched on her.

God, it sounds like you live in Phoenix...

Anyway, you might have to consider moving. Sorry. But if you have kids and a crazy neighbour has you so terrified, I see no other way.

And I bet that your other neighbours told her you were the one who snitched on her.

Close, but not quite Phoenix...and I have thought about moving its just financially cannot do it right now and it sucks.

5 or 6 years ago I would have took this psycho on and beat her down but I'm not physically able to do that now. And she has never physically came at me (yet) though it absolutely would not surprise me.

I actually hate taking kids outside mostly because I have to be on guard so diligently even to take them in our own fenced backyard. I constantly have to watch my back and if she even thinks we are out there she will come out and start screaming obscenities and threats. The little ones are 2 and 3 years old and of course it freaks them out cause they have no idea what's going on. It scares the hell out of them plus she says some pretty awful things. I'm not a big wimp but I feel so, well, I guess vulnerable responsible for 2 little ones. I never say anything back usually because of kids plus I really kept hoping if I ignored them they would chill after awhile. Been 5 months though and actually seems worse. And she has made several threats against my life.

Just at my wits end. If oportunity to move came up I would take it in a second.

Oh, and possible other people told them I called but my older son heard the conversation when animal control was at their door. When he explained why he was there they stated to him that they knew I had called and the reason I did was because I was pissed that they refused to sell me their pain meds (which is absolutely not true) and I was a "druggie" that didn't know what I was talking about! When he didn't acknowledge what they were claiming they got pissed and kept insisting that they knew it was me and I was just mad because they wouldn't sell me drugs!

Hey Bunny...that's a good idea (under so much stress can't think straight).

What do you think I could do to make it look suspicious?

Maybe a bottle of vitamins or something...so it looks like pills being shipped or something?

Any ideas?

Thanks again
Ooh, SUGAR filled ziplock bag. Wrap it in brown paper bags--taped with masking tape. Make-up a weird return address (no name, obv fake address--2345 SunnySide Drive)

missmeyet? said:
I actually hate taking kids outside mostly because I have to be on guard so diligently even to take them in our own fenced backyard. I constantly have to watch my back and if she even thinks we are out there she will come out and start screaming obscenities and threats.

If at all possible, record that. Get it on tape, and make sure to reecord the date and time, too. When you can't record it, write down the contents, and the date and time anyway. Get some solid evidence up that you can bring to the police. I don't know what it's like there, but here in Australia you need 3 recorded instances, then the police can do something. This behaviour isn't acceptable, so try and get yourself a solid case to present to the authorities.

Ooh, SUGAR filled ziplock bag. Wrap it in brown paper bags--taped with masking tape. Make-up a weird return address (no name, obv fake address--2345 SunnySide Drive)

I absolutely would not do this. If they aren't suspicious of you yet, then this is a good way to ensure that they will be.

I would not be ordering drugs via the mail under these circumstances, and if as you say you do not already do this, I think now after multiple reports to the post office would be a stupid time to start.

In regards to the situation with the neighbour: I agree with footscrazy. Gather as much evidence as possible (recordings, asking other neighbours to back you up on what they see/hear), and make notes - be as specific as possible, and include dates and times. Once you have a bit, go to the police. If you fear for your safety at all, go to them now.

I'd also be looking at moving as soon as possible.

Don't get your drugs through the mail...I'm sure you can get them from another source. Mail these days are way to shady for me to fuck around with. Good luck with that crazy bitch.

I'm not trying to be rude, but after reading this again...it just seems strange that your neighbour would target you without a reason. Is it possible that you two were friends at one time, and all of this ill will is due to a drug deal gone bad?

I mean, there are crazy people in the world...but this woman seems bent on revenge for "some" reason.

I'm not trying to be rude, but after reading this again...it just seems strange that your neighbour would target you without a reason. Is it possible that you two were friends at one time, and all of this ill will is due to a drug deal gone bad?

I mean, there are crazy people in the world...but this woman seems bent on revenge for "some" reason.

LOL...I have been planning on posting the background on this soon (as I said in 1st post), but no there absolutely was never a drug deal or any other deal.

When I first moved in I had been warned by other people in neighborhood to avoid her as she was crazy. But being as I tend to give everyone a chance when she kept coming around (she has no respect for peoples personal space/no concept of "boundaries"). Example: as I was moving my stuff in the first couple of days she kept walking right between our vehicles in our driveway within just feet of my open garage door while looking in open garage and open doors/windows. Finally one time while I was standing on other side of car where she didn't see me as she did it again I stood up where she was facing me and she said "oh, ha ha ha, sorry, I didn't realize someone was living here now. I'm used to walking thru here all the time and just forgot people were here now"..hello...are u crazy?? Anyways she kept kind of forcing herself on me because I was "nice" that first time and didn't tell her to get the hell off the property and quit trying to see in the house. If she saw me outside after that she would come over and talk which very frequently included totally inappropriately things to say, especially to someone you don't even know.

It then progresses to constant knocking on my door for ridiculous reasons. And if someone told her I was napping with the babies or not at homeand that as soon as I was available I would be told. She would then continue to knock on door every 10 to 15 mins until I would finally come to the door, even if it was a few hours later. I would also sometimes come out early occasionally around say 5 or 6am to smoke and she would be sitting on my front porch looking through my mail or through the blinds.

It then continued to the point where she had started asking "can I borrow cigarettes, can I borrow $5, can I borrow $20?" She never paid back any of it. Now one day she did ask me if I would be willing to take drugs in place of actually paying me. Due to some of the strange things I had learned about her and how very uncomfortable she had began to make me feel (there was no way I was getting caught up in some of the shit she had talked about being involved in!) I said "no thanks, my husband would kill me if he found that out" and just implied to her that I didn't use any type of drugs. I, being very private about these kinds of things anyways due to my children and the problems it could cause me professionally, had never revealed much of my private and personal life to her. After awhile of asking for money and it became more and more frequent, I, as kindly and gently as I could told her I could no longer loan her money and that I thought that it would be better if we just didn't "hang out" anymore, no hard feelings, etc. She went absolutely ballistic from there. She screamed at the top of her lungs that I could shove my fucking $20 up my ass and so on. Thus this was the beginning of all the problems.

Several days later she came back and apologized and asked for 4 or 5 cigarettes (so she could have one plus her husband, her son and her uncle). I relented because I didn't want a repeat of her freaking out on me in front of everyone who was outside (including my little ones again). A couple of days after that I had been very upset after talking to my sister on the phone. I was heading to the store and when I got into my car I put my head on the steering wheel and started to cry (had been holding it in in front of my kids so as not to upset them). The neighbor happened to see me, ran to my car window and began to beat on the glass. I shook my head at her and just put my hand up hoping she would go away. Of course she didn't so I rolled window down, she wanted to know what was wrong, I told her I would be ok and that I didn't want to talk about it that it was personal. She was relentless in saying "but I'm your friend, I want to help you". It pissed me off because I shouldn't HAVE to tell her my problem. When I very kindly kept refusing to tell her (cause now I know it doesn't take much for her to freak out) she became extremely pissed and stomped off.

A few days later she knocked on my door (despite the sign I had begun hanging on it that said "babies sleeping, do not knock or disturb") and apologized again. I told her that it was ok. The next words out of her mouth were, in a very shitty tone, "so now are you going to tell me what your problem was the other day". When I refused. She went nuts again, screaming and cussing at me and saying " I'm just trying to fucking be your friend and help you". Anyways, you get the picture. This happened a few more times until I finally just told her to stay away.

She is very manipulative, lies about anything and everything and truly believes she is the center of everything. I have never heard her say one nice thing about anyone else. Anybody that she has any type of a relationship with is a bitch and the cause of all the problems in her life. I'm not just saying she is crazy, she is prescibed tons of psych meds.

Later I will post some of the things she has done to cause me problems since then. This post is already way longer than I would have liked. But believe me, I would think the same thing you do if I weren't living this nightmare!

Oh, and for the record, I have no intentions of receiving anything illgeal in the mail, drugs or otherwise!!

I guess my point was it gets old for her to be telling people these lies about me. Even if I have done nothing wrong, I hate that those ideas are now in peoples heads. I don't want my name to be flagged as a potential problem! Besides it interferes with my privacy. Well here's an example: kratom. It is the only thing I have ordered through the mail in years that would even be questionable. It is legal but with all the hoopla surrounding it, do I really want it to be checked because I am flagged at PO and there be any questions or problems regarding it? Ot the fact that now if I did order it I might not even receive it? Or the fact that it is nobodys business that I order or do kratom and because of my kids and my profession I prefer to keep it private?

Maybe doesn't make sense to others but it is just one more thing in a long list of things that the neighbors have done that pisses me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, you're right. That bitch is fucking crazy. I don't know what else to tell you, except try to move away from there. Because it looks like this woman is totally fixated on you now. Then again...you could hire someone to cast a "go away" spell on her. *shrugs*

This is why I never get friendly with neighbours, especially other females.

/\/\ you are exactly right girl! And generally I am the same way about befriending people that live nearby except for a "hi, how are you?" Type relationship (and I agree 100% females even more so).

I guess it only even went like it did because she was so damn persistent and I thought if I just was semi friendly it would avoid problems...but let me tell you I have learned my lesson.

I also agree moving would be best bet but will be at least 6 months before I can, for several reasons. I just hope to figure out a way to hold onto my sanity and be safe until then. Later when I post some of the crap she pulls on regular basis maybe someone can advise what and how would be the best way to take care of it.

And its funny you said that go away spell. She stated to someone else couple of weeks ago that she is going to figure out how to get some of my hair or fingernail clippings in order to cast an evil spell on me. And she said it being completely serious!

Just tie that bitch up and have the whole neighborhood stone her. Problem solved.

Shit...don't think that (or something like that) hasn't crossed my mind at this point!

Like I said, 10 years ago I probably would have kicked her ass. But alas, it sucks to have to grow up and I don't particularly want to spend even 5 minutes in jail!

If I could truly think of something though (that I wouldn't be arrested for) that would put the fear in her or at least make her think twice before pulling her shit everyday I would go for it.

I'd pick some literature up at the local bank on various loans they offer. Then just keep it on your person. When you inevitably see her, start reading through it, and ask her oppinion on a couple of the different options.

Should send a clear signal you don't have spare cash to be giving out, and it avoids being overly descriptive. People like this generally like to have their oppinion asked too, which will also be accomplished. Couldn't make matters worse at least.

Mail rarely touches human hands except when being picked up/delivered. It's all automated. I really doubt the post office would have the time to xray everything that comes to you, or if they even could. I worked for the post office for a couple of years, not in the actual office though. The only thing I've heard them doing even close to this is having suspicious packages checked- with powder on them, making a suspicious noise, etc. Even then, law enforcement is brought in, they don't check it out themselves. They either told her this to shut her up because it was obvious she's a lunatic, or most likely, she's straight up lying. Crazy neighbors are the worst.

I'd pick some literature up at the local bank on various loans they offer. Then just keep it on your person. When you inevitably see her, start reading through it, and ask her oppinion on a couple of the different options.

Should send a clear signal you don't have spare cash to be giving out, and it avoids being overly descriptive. People like this generally like to have their oppinion asked too, which will also be accomplished. Couldn't make matters worse at least.

Um, it really doesn't sound like this is the kind of person that is simply going to stop the described behaviour after a subtle hint re: lack of $$. And IMO, engaging in conversation, sharing any information re: your finances (true or not) and asking for her opinion may indeed make matters worse. Getting a loan means that you're about to come into $$ also, so may only exacerbate the problem. Also, advising her that you are taking out a loan is a lot more descriptive than simply saying "I'm sorry, but I cannot continue to give you money. Please do not ask again." It's unnecessary and quite possibly counterproductive.

Avoid her like the plague. Document everything and go to the police.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but one can also come back and simply say they didn't qualify for said loan, ect. The person to me sounds like a user. This personality type in my experience doesn't stop bothering you just because you avoid them. They persist until they feel they have nothing left to gain from you, at that point they simply bother someone else.

My above advice might be just that, a bit too subtle. Avoidance is optimal, but unlikely given the living arrangements. Documentation and going to the police is well intentioned, but effective only if it works. In the case it's not taken seriously things could become much worse. I see nothing wrong with meeting deceptive manipulators with the same.

One thing I can say with certainty, give her NOTHING. Anything, even a smoke, just reinforces in her mind that she can still get things out of you if she makes a pest of herself. Just make it clear you have nothing for her. Do it when the kids are inside. If she throws a fit, just walk away, repeat I have nothing for you, and care fuck all that you're upset.

The threats she makes sound more like bluffs, that is, they only give her control if you let them.