• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psychiatrists and "mandated reporting" in Australia?

That is some bullshit. Im from Canada and im pretty sure that wouldnt fly here. My brother is a lawyer and i think ill ask him later if this shit is legal
If you are referring to my post;
I actually had the same (decent) lawyer from the original case that put me on probation in the first place. He's the one who told me that the provider outright violated HIPAA. I did two years in prison for that violation, it's awfully hard to fight a lawsuit from inside otherwise I would have. I also spent up all my money trying to get my freedom back, at that time I had very little concern for that asshole counselor.

When I went back to his office and asked to see all of my consent paperwork so I could revoke it, he called my probation officer again (after everything had been specifically and legally revoked) and told her what happened using double negatives like a 1930's mobster. "He didn't not, not, come in here, and he may or may not have, allegedly, pissed dirty for something that was not drug W, X, Y, but I can't say anything about drug Z."

Now when I need to talk or vent, I talk to my best friend who I know for a fact will not snitch on me under any circumstances, or strangers online under an "anonymous" account. Even then, I'm acutely aware that the police can pull up deleted messages and used them against me later if they want.

According to my lawyer brother that would most likely be a violation of your rights. The only reason they would have to tell your employer about your drug use would be if you where doing a job where you couldnt be intoxicated for safety reasons such as driving a truck or something. So if thats not the case they have no right to tell them