• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psychiatrists and "mandated reporting" in Australia?

Vagabond696

Moderator: AADD
Staff member
Long story short, I recently had an appointment with a psychiatrist following an unfortunate incident 2 months ago.

All was well during the initial consultation, then at the end of the hour, the guy states that he is going to report my substance use (currently cannabis and nothing else), to my workplace.

Obviously this would be a breach of doctor patient confidentiality, right? There's no legal need to report anything unless a person is in danger.

My question is; do psychiatrists actually do this sort of thing or is he trying to fuck with me?

Dont know if they do that sort of thing ...this guy seems to think its appropriate.What sort of work do you do?
I would think doctor patient confidentiality should be paramount...after all how are ppl supposed to put their trust in them
He is there to sort out problems ...not create another one for you ....strange

There's no testing or anti drug agenda in my field.

I only use cannabis in the privacy of my own home to help with chronic insomnia.

Yeah starting to think this guy is playing games.

There's no testing or anti drug agenda in my field.

I only use cannabis in the privacy of my own home to help with chronic insomnia.

Yeah starting to think this guy is playing games.
So tell him that you plan to report him for breaching confidentiality. Maybe write a blog post about it too that calls out their practice and him by name

So tell him that you plan to report him for breaching confidentiality. Maybe write a blog post about it too that calls out their practice and him by name
I like the way you think.

I've done some digging and I think the guy misinterpreted my profession and believes that I'm under a certain governing body that requires mandatory reporting. Which is not the case at all, my job title isn't on the list, nor am I under this body.

I'm now under the impression that he thinks I'm some junkie with no knowledge of the situation, system or my specific condition, and he's trying to push me around. I'll most likely be ditching this clown after my 2nd appointment.

Your psychiatrist is an imbecile and obviously doesn't care about your privacy or the law. I'd report him for breach of doctor-patient confidentiality. That's all that you can do at this point.

C
This is why i just stopped telling random people my deepest issues, unless its my family. no point in being blackmailed into submission, even when you thought it would be better. its best to stay quiet and talk with a personal family member about. maybe google. idk
Chronic insomnia. No other way to deal with it ar this stage. I've barely slept at all in the last 9 months. Going completely insane.

why cant you sleep? you need medication then, have you ever done any medications? i mean why cannot you sleep? gotta be a reason let me be doctor

I've had insomnia for 20+ years, and this year it has become almost completely impossible to manage. I've had a record number of days off work due to sleep deprivation and am lucky to get 2 or 3 average nights sleep per week.

Yes. Valdoxan, melatonin and magnesium.

And I've experience with a very broad array of sleeping pills over the years.

Does magnesium help with insomnia? I've tried zopiclone, benzos and others and nothing works. Was so exhausted i drank a bottle of vodka to pass out, still only got 4 hours.
I'm in Canada but i'm pretty sure patient doctor confidentially is universal

I’ve actually had magnesium give me insomnia, it’s why I can’t take magnesium l-threonate every day. Drop it and see what happens.

-GC

Thank you, i'll definitely be checking it out. Insomnia sucks