• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Psychiatric hold

apsucks

Ex-Bluelighter
What is the best way to get out of the psychiatric hold and involuntarily hold ? What kind of things is the best thing to say what are the best lies and assumptions you can make . what kind of behaviour is positive to getting out of the bind/hold. I bet there are some experty here who are experiences dealing with these kind of situations. I'm amazed there isn't somekind of guide on bluelight because as far as i have read alot of people shouldn't even be in the psychiatric hold they only had one episode or have bad luck and get swallowed by the system.

What is the best way to deal with nurse and psychiatrists
What are the best methods of avoiding medication
When to ditch pills and when not to
What is the best way to avoid blood tests
What are the best canned lines to get yourself out of the bind

For exmple i got an auto immune disease which actually is the reason i got committed, i'm not mentally ill or whatever i got misdiagnosed with schizoaffective. people like me need a way out.

any opinions, one liners , mode of thought, books, mindsets are welcome

Fuck me. This makes me so fucking uncomfortable. I instantly have the dichotomous emotion of feeling like its wrong to comment and wrong not to.

Okay, so what I can tell you about the hospitals is this, you are not capable of fighting against them in terms of a legal, sanctioned psychiatric hold. I'm going to assume you're on a 72 hour hold? We are not going to abandon you, but these situations are very complicated. I've known a lot of junkies who got caught up in Methamphetamine who have ended up on a psych hold for one reason or another and they're basically saying the same thing.

I knew a kid who used Methamphetamine for a week straight and was so psychotic he "forgot" to go to the Methadone clinic for an entire week. Yes. He was so high, he forgot to go take Opioids for an entire week. Fuck. Well, the Methamphetamine, or should I say, the money, ran out eventually and the cops scooped this kid up hopelessly dopesick, dehydrated, delirious and psyhotic. They threw him in the psych ward, probably with good reason and he called me from the patient phone to see if I could perform a jailbreak (not possible) or bring him drugs (I tried), I was banned from the hospital for a year for letting him hit my vaporizer... anyway..... He got so baked, they kept him an extra week... just kidding.

They are in charge man. Don't try to run or fuck with their authority. Just like jailhouse guards, priests and tax collectors. There are people who become involved with the psychiatric field for a variety of reasons. Some want to genuinely help and some are predators looking for a certain type of dark satisfaction. Doctors, orderlies, I've found that there is compassion and hopelessness throughout all ranks in near equal distribution. Cling to those who show you true compassion.

Speak clearly and do your best to not let emotion drive your focus of communication. Be logical with your captors. Ask questions, then ask questions, then ask questions. BE PATIENT. Don't rattle your manicles everytime you feel slighted, there are elements who like that kind of shit.

You have to be smarter than the system. If you're not smarter than the system, just admit it now and give up.

worst thing if you have involuntary hold for 6 months or an entire year when you get out of the hospital, it's hard to outsmart the system especially CTO

The harder you try to game this particular system, the longer they will keep you typically. Best to just submit and do everything they say and keep your mouth shut unless they ask you a question

Cheeking your pills is usually possible.

Last edited:
Fuck me. This makes me so fucking uncomfortable. I instantly have the dichotomous emotion of feeling like its wrong to comment and wrong not to.

Okay, so what I can tell you about the hospitals is this, you are not capable of fighting against them in terms of a legal, sanctioned psychiatric hold. I'm going to assume you're on a 72 hour hold? We are not going to abandon you, but these situations are very complicated. I've known a lot of junkies who got caught up in Methamphetamine who have ended up on a psych hold for one reason or another and they're basically saying the same thing.

I knew a kid who used Methamphetamine for a week straight and was so psychotic he "forgot" to go to the Methadone clinic for an entire week. Yes. He was so high, he forgot to go take Opioids for an entire week. Fuck. Well, the Methamphetamine, or should I say, the money, ran out eventually and the cops scooped this kid up hopelessly dopesick, dehydrated, delirious and psyhotic. They threw him in the psych ward, probably with good reason and he called me from the patient phone to see if I could perform a jailbreak (not possible) or bring him drugs (I tried), I was banned from the hospital for a year for letting him hit my vaporizer... anyway..... He got so baked, they kept him an extra week... just kidding.

They are in charge man. Don't try to run or fuck with their authority. Just like jailhouse guards, priests and tax collectors. There are people who become involved with the psychiatric field for a variety of reasons. Some want to genuinely help and some are predators looking for a certain type of dark satisfaction. Doctors, orderlies, I've found that there is compassion and hopelessness throughout all ranks in near equal distribution. Cling to those who show you true compassion.

Speak clearly and do your best to not let emotion drive your focus of communication. Be logical with your captors. Ask questions, then ask questions, then ask questions. BE PATIENT. Don't rattle your manicles everytime you feel slighted, there are elements who like that kind of shit.

You have to be smarter than the system. If you're not smarter than the system, just admit it now and give up.
Some of the doctors are very corrupt too. I once went from a 3 day hold to 7 to 30 additional days all consecutively because the doctor lied in front of a judge (over webcam - required for any 30 day hold in that state) saying I was refusing food, refusing meds, and a few other lies - right to my face. They were later shut down for insurance fraud and malpractice like their sister facility. Half of the ppl were there voluntarily and one other involuntary guy had smuggled in a newspaper clipping (or found it there or maybe being given it by a rogue nurse?? Lol) that showed their other facility had been brought up on a bunch of criminal and civil charges and he was kicked out within the hour

Yea man. Life is a pretty fucked up place. It's what I guess I understand as true irony. I once thought I was the lowest of the low creatures on this earth. I thought, I had betrayed my covenant with God by directing my heart and soul toward Heroin and not things like family and friends. I had stolen money from my mother, my brother. I had a little brother ten years my junior who I basically raised while my father was still drinking. I pawned every video game he ever owned for dope and I would come home and play with him that safe afternoon, high as a kite, tell him how much I loved him. The difference? I truly did love him. I have found in my heart that I am the type far more prone to love than to feelings of hate, anger or vengeance, although we are all slaves to our feelings in the end right?

Well, I remember before I cleaned up... in my fucked up mind, I was worse than Hitler, worse than Goering even worse than Himmler. Pedophiles, murderers, in my mind, they were all, somehow above me for how I was... Since cleaning up, I've come to the repeated understanding that I'm not a bad person. It's been the most fucked up epiphany. I fucked my whole family over to get over my dope sickness, but they know it and you know what, my love and willingness to be different fixed everything as if it never happened.

So, after thinking I was the lowest of the low, after 30 years of life, I'm forced to the uncomfortable conclusion that I'm one of the good ones. Don't get me wrong, I totally don't believe this, but I see people who are capable of what seems like unspeakable evil like it's nothing. The banality of evil as they say. How could someone hurt a child? How could someone rape a woman? How could you end a life over a bag of crack? How do people come to such evil? How can a doctor, choose to enslave a free person in this world in the name of his monetary income?

I mean, it's just so fucked up to me. It makes me so sad. Heroin addiction was really the worst of it for me. I have flaws like any person to work on, but my worst decision were made for a drug and once I changed, I've found that my mistakes in life tend to register a 2 on the richter scale of fucked up as opposed to a 6.

We all commit crimes of emotion. Not giving time to those who love us and care about us. Perhaps not treating a significant other with the love they share with you. Some pitfalls in life are unavoidable, but natural. However, evil is not the natural course and to hear of someone in that position doing such a thing is nauseating, as I know there is little I could ever do to change it.

I'm a junkie. I've been held and labelled as mentally ill when I've really just been incredibly inebriated and dopesick. It's the ultimate "it could never happen to you" moment, believe me, when you start seeing the smirks on the faces of the staff. When you see the level of respect rush out of the room before the bodies are even gone. You realize how much of humanity ends up lost and forgotten in such places due to the callous emotinoal behaviour of those of us humans that we can only refer to as less-than us.

Be better. We are here to love one another.

Some of the doctors are very corrupt too. I once went from a 3 day hold to 7 to 30 additional days all consecutively because the doctor lied in front of a judge (over webcam - required for any 30 day hold in that state) saying I was refusing food, refusing meds, and a few other lies - right to my face. They were later shut down for insurance fraud and malpractice like their sister facility. Half of the ppl were there voluntarily and one other involuntary guy had smuggled in a newspaper clipping (or found it there or maybe being given it by a rogue nurse?? Lol) that showed their other facility had been brought up on a bunch of criminal and civil charges and he was kicked out within the hour
the shit they made up about me is otherworldly .. they lied about me staying in the forest for 3 weeks straight and throwing bottles at a family member .. shit that never happened even family member admitted it never happened but they don't listen. The nurses were eyeballing my file as well and rolling their eyes. All made up by corrupt people who probably get satisfaction from fucking people over. At one point i thought fuck this shit and i stopped talking to them and spend 24/7 in bed... they tought i was catatonic or something i just fucking hated their guts. anyway they will make up shit just to throw someone in the facility for $$$$.. i even had them picking me up at home for no reason at all.

Psychiatry is an evil institution that is borderline communist and destroy people their lives and health.. only a handfull of true schizophrenics need psychiatry but this is only like 1% of patients. these intitutions are still in the dark ages the only difference is they traded real lobotomy for chemical lobotomy.

Anyway they will make up things in your file that doesn't have any correlation to reality this is the usual mode of operation, if you get angry about this you have another problem at your hand as well they write this down as well.

its a real battle to get of involuntary to voluntary commitment

i found all literature lacking about psychiatry .. the only reasonably voices are peter breggin and robert whitaker but they don't give tips and tricks how to get out of psychiatry they only tell you the fact psychiatry is a bunch of BS

Last edited:
Yes, to say it's a true science, I think would be a misnomer. Our thoughts and the cause and effect of those processes are simply to complex to be truly put under anyone's thumb. They just throw drugs at people and hope they work, but that is true of a lot of medicine. I truly think the entire medical field is in need of reform.

the shit they made up about me is otherworldly .. they lied about me staying in the forest for 3 weeks straight and throwing bottles at a family member .. shit that never happened even family member admitted it never happened but they don't listen. The nurses were eyeballing my file as well and rolling their eyes. All made up by corrupt people who probably get satisfaction from fucking people over. At one point i thought fuck this shit and i stopped talking to them and spend 24/7 in bed... they tought i was catatonic or something i just fucking hated their guts. anyway they will make up shit just to throw someone in the facility for $$$$.. i even had them picking me up at home for no reason at all.

Psychiatry is an evil institution that is borderline communist and destroy people their lives and health.. only a handfull of true schizophrenics need psychiatry but this is only like 1% of patients. these intitutions are still in the dark ages the only difference is they traded real lobotomy for chemical lobotomy.

Anyway they will make up things in your file that doesn't have any correlation to reality this is the usual mode of operation, if you get angry about this you have another problem at your hand as well they write this down as well.

i found all literature lacking about psychiatry .. the only reasonably voices are peter breggin and robert whitaker but they don't give tips and tricks how to get out of psychiatry they only tell you the fact psychiatry is a bunch of BS

Sorry you had to be a victim of such medical abuse. Wish you could receive a nice settlement in a class action lawsuit, like a few hundred grand to offset how destructive that can be with what it can do to your life if you aren't prepared.

Yes, to say it's a true science, I think would be a misnomer. Our thoughts and the cause and effect of those processes are simply to complex to be truly put under anyone's thumb. They just throw drugs at people and hope they work, but that is true of a lot of medicine. I truly think the entire medical field is in need of reform.
i think their medications are proof it doesn't work
1. shrinks you brain
2. blocks dopamine and other feel good chemicals
3. blocks serotonin
4. most diseases are inflammation related and supressing anti-inflammatory chemicals like 3 and 2 is actually what makes everything worse

all anti-psychotics are known to actually ... cause psychosis by rebound

Sorry you had to be a victim of such medical abuse. Wish you could receive a nice settlement in a class action lawsuit, like a few hundred grand to offset how destructive that can be with what it can do to your life if you aren't prepared.
yeah i even got injected with invega .. psychiatry is purely medical abuse

How can a doctor, choose to enslave a free person in this world in the name of his monetary income?
Great question... ready to deal with the "how" when we find it? We know already can we do sumpin? lol
Man, ya gonna get out. Don't cause a ruckus or fuss and participate in acivities with glee and vigor (not tooo much, vim, though ;) ).
My hopes they do not do any lasting damage before your release and also that maybe this time can be useful for self-reflection and maybe coming up with dealing mechanisms for "issues" that would take docs for ever or never to figure out.
Just saying try to grab something positive out of the situation however ridiculous this may sound.
As posted we here. I do not think I will be going anywhere tbh. This I have found is indeed my harbor in many a storm.

Dont forget, like car salesmen, they do this for a living, you do not! Play nice, don't break any rules and just ride out the 3 days. Just think of it as some chill out time, let it slide right on by. In other words, surf that wave, don't stand in the break getting thrashed by the waves!

This report provides a summary of the law on involuntary civil commitment of people age 16 and over with mental illness, updating OLR Report 2002-R-0848. This report also briefly describes the rights of patients who are receiving psychiatric care.

Specific to CT in this case...but some good information related to limits of PEC/Psychiatric holds as well as patient's rights in general.

Also...