View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psychedellics , and SNRI's

misticalmarz

Greenlighter
been doing some research for on the brain , and people taking drugs on medication and i came across something that caught my eye , how do SNRI antidepressents such as Effexor block psychadellics from working ? . and does its stop them from working after discontinued use of them ? .

The name serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor itself says it´s an inhibitor.
So, as long as you have them in you blood stream it will block the
psychadellics from working.

mystikalmarz said:
and does its stop them from working after discontinued use of them ?

The attenuating effects of SNRI's will slowly wear off as your body metabolises them and the brain starts expressing neurons differently to make up for decreasing baseline serotonin.

The name serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor itself says it´s an inhibitor.
So, as long as you have them in you blood stream it will block the
psychadellics from working.

Not quite. Most SRI drugs can reduce the effects of psychedelics, but will by no means block them. Psychedelics don't release an appreciable quantity of serotonin. I was on various anti-d's for years, from SSRI's to SNRI's, and tripped constantly through that period. I would not recommend doing that, but I can attest to psychedelic effects being mildly attentuated but still 90% apparent.

wow , thanks for your help everyone dont they bind to fat and muscle so people on them could be still effected without even knowing ? .