• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Psychedelics with an opiate.... would it cancel out the effect?

ordinary mind

Bluelighter
Asked this over in PD but kind of doubtful I'm going to get a response in the next few hours, so I thought Id throw this out to the worldly EADD crew.

Got the evening to myself, so picked up a box of cocodamol. Then I got the bright idea of throwing in a low dose of 4-ho-mipt, not really to trip but to hopefully add a bit of music enhancement, euphoria, possibly extend the duration a bit etc etc...

I'm not too bothered about the codeine dulling the trip, but I wasn't sure if the 4-ho-mipt would block the codeine? Anyone tried something like this? Will it work like I'm hoping, or just be shit?

I'm unsure what you mean with regards to hoping the miprocin won't block the codeine, but to my knowledge (very little opiate experience), you will feel the effects of both, it will just be different. I think.

Miprocin has a very nice euphoric edge so it could provide quite a nice synergy.

I'm unsure what you mean with regards to hoping the miprocin won't block the codeine, but to my knowledge (very little opiate experience), you will feel the effects of both, it will just be different. I think.

Miprocin has a very nice euphoric edge so it could provide quite a nice synergy.

I was pretty much meaning just that - will I feel the codeine properly. Sometimes I find certain drugs feel kind of 'muted' on psychedelics. For instance, booze and weed on acid don't really seem to do a whole lot for me at normal doses. Not actually sure if that's a universal phenomenon or just me being weird tbh :?

I think you're probably right in this instance though, will likely go ahead and see what happens.

At worst, the codeine dulls the trip, at best you experience a blissful tripping state. Go for it!

I'd rather save the codeine for the comedown though.

I always found that opies tended to stop me 'breaking through' with psychs - like being physically restrained...

My gut feeling is it would be a bit like pressing the gas pedal and the brake at the same time.

Hmmm....

Keeping in mind I was mostly after a chilled evening - only considered a low dose of the mipt as an after-thought to add a bit of, erm, sparkle - do you think it would work? I'm not too fussed if the 4-ho-mipt goes to waste as there's more where that came from. I would be a bit bummed out if the trip detracted from the fuzziness though. Or god forbid, nothing happens at all...

My gut feeling is it would be a bit like pressing the gas pedal and the brake at the same time.

I hear people saying things like that about the likes of stimulants and ketamine, and it just simply isn't the case, thankfully.

It's more like getting in a car and going down a different route to usual. Perhaps a nice quiet country lane. Less danger than your usual motorway and you may not travel quite so fast or far, but beautiful none the less.

Last edited:
Nice analogy ha!

Well I've just eaten 10mg 4-ho-mipt with a beer (ethanol is a CYP2D6 inhibitor, right?). Gonna finish up this cover letter I'm working on then do an extraction.... shall let you know if it was a success.

Verdict is this is pretty damn nice. I wouldn't really describe them as synergistic, but I got what I was hoping for really - was having a pretty good time anyway with some tunes playing on the 4-ho-mipt. The codeine came on like normal, but accentuated my good mood quite a bit too.

It hasn't dulled the trip in the way benzos do, just made things seem less intense because I'm pretty damn comfortable I guess. The codeine on its own might have been a bit lackluster at this dose, but I'm having a great time as far as quiet nights in go. :)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet - have fun!!! =D

Never gotten around to 5-MeO-MiPT myself but always fancied it. On the broader question, I generally find opies and psyches play along very well together.

Likewise, have tripped plenty times on morphine/oxy/dipropionylmorphine. Works just fine for me.

Since the dose of the psychedelic, weight wise is so little if they ARE CYP-P450-2D6 substrates then there really isn't much being given for the enzyme to chew on, not considering ceiling dose of codeine is about a half gram give or take.