• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics, Anxiety/Depression, and Prozac Help!

Willydog155

Bluelighter
Hello,

Background info: It's been a long time since I posted on here but just this week I have been put in a situation that I can't seem to determine an answer myself. This post will be relatively long as I explain my situation, and I thank anyone that takes the time to help me out. I have been battling anxiety, and depression for the past 2 years of my life and have found psychedelics as a way to let go and really be able to enjoy and reflect on myself for a while. I'm only 18 years old and I do smoke weed all the time although I have been avoiding smoking at any time it isn't appropriate or if there's a situation where anxiety is possible. The anxiety mostly consists of me becoming extremely nervous in most social situations at school and sometimes outside of school. I'm really a great person and I feel like I'm held back so much by my emotions that it needs to stop. I had been taking adderall for add up until about a month ago when I decided enough was enough, (eventually abused the medication because it made me feel so "comfortable") without adderall I continue to have no motivation in school, and with anxiety as a side factor I will usually end up walking out of school mid day because I just get so frustrated and uncomfortable, the feeling is almost indescribable, like I wasn't made to be in school like everyone else. For anxiety, last year I was prescribed vistaril. Vistaril did absolutely nothing for me except make me drowsy. When I told my physiatrist he upped the dose to 50mg. (Wow this made me very tired every day) luckily I now have a new physiatrist who has taken me off adderall to focus on anxiety first. He has just prescribed me 10mg Prozac daily for 5 days, then 2 pills a day until I assume the dosage is upped do to the tolerance build. He also prescribed 100mg gabapentin 3 times a day along with the Prozac?

Problem: Taking Prozac will diminish effects of mushrooms, LSD and most hallucinogens from what I have read on articles on here. I have also had the most amazing time on MDMA a month ago and was planning to take it at a Flatbush zombies concert in December! So my question is how can I take these drugs and experience them to the fullest? How long would I have to stop taking Prozac to get it out of my system? (believe it has a 3 day half life) Is there an SSRI that can be taken with psychedelics? If there is can I ask my doctor for it straight up? If there is not what will these substances be like on Prozac? Psychedelics have become a huge part in my journey of life and have tought me so much, I can't bare just give up these experiences, although I do know it is only something that is to be done once in a blue moon. Finally will Gabapentin have a effect on my psychedelic experiences? I'm sorry for this long and unique post but I couldn't find direct information, only scattered bits. Than you guys for any and all help!!

If I were in your shoes I would personally take a break and stop doing drugs and start working to lead a clean life for a while. I'd really try to go on a more plant based diet and try and cut out most processed foods and fast foods and such. Basically go and do a cleanse.

The reason I say this is that you are playing a dangerous game mixing and matching all the pharmaceuticals and drugs you are taking. The mixing and matching will cause you to have chemical imbalances and will have unexpected results. You may have increased anxiety or you could go the other route and have bouts of depression or more likely a mix of both. I think the reason you are having trouble finding specific information is that it doesn't really exist. The fact is that these pharmaceuticals and drugs can impact people differently and when you're in a situation where you are mixing and matching there's going to be unpredictable results.

I've found that I have to be very very careful in not mixing and matching and if I go through a phase where I feel off emotionally, mentally, physically, or a combonation then it's best to cleanse the body and "reboot".

Once I felt that I was centered again then I would reintroduce what I enjoyed and what I want to experience. I'm actually going through that process now because the last time I did MDMA it took ridiculous dosage to have an impact and I took that as my body telling me I need to reboot.

I think it's always good to reflect on what you are trying to accomplish. I know at different times of my life I've taken things for different reasons. When I've gone through some really tough events and wanted to escape then I could lose myself with self-medication. Other times I just like to relax or have some mind altering/enlightening experiences.

If your goal is to have a good time and to have positive experiences then you really need to be more centered and have better anchors, especially when dealing with psychadelics. I've always found that when you have anxiety and/or fear that you may be able to momentarily have a fun or good experience but it's typically very fleeting and replaced with even greater anxiety then you had before and that's a best case scenario. In a worse case scenario you can end up having a really bad experience if you are not in the right place mentally, physically, and/or emotionally.

@thedude23 Personally I don't think I'm mixing many substances. I had been on adderall for a while and dropped the medication as a whole for my health, and your rite this could mess with my brain chemistry but this was over a month ago, I believe it is out of my system. I also dropped vistaril as a whole because it didn't have any effect at all, it was only an anti histamine after all. I have only been taking the gabapentin and Prozac for one day. I'm not saying your wrong but what substances are you implying will mess with my brain chemistry? The weed? Occasional psychedelics/mdma? Or the medication I have just been prescribed? Your situation with mdma seems to be much different, i only took 100mg of some pure stuff, pre loaded vitamins, and drank lots of water, little to no comedown. I need to continue to fight the battle of walking into school everyday so no medication doesn't seem like an option, they say a bad mind state like mine means I should not partake in psychedelics but I find handling myself to be relatively easy and I find that anxiety is there but it's nothing I cant control, and depression is completely relieved.

I do smoke weed all the time...

Almost for sure, weed is the problem. Smoking pot is sort of a "wolf in sheep's clothing." One has the impression it's calming and a refuge of sorts, but it can wreck your life. Being stoned is like being in a box, a state of suspended animation - no one can reach in to your space, and you can't reach out. Relationships suffer terribly. It's impossible to move on, so one just stays in the same place indefinitely. Many people I used to know are still lost after all these years and they don't even know it. If you want a happy life, I suggest you walk away from smoking pot and never look back. Then maybe you can get on with figuring out what's really going on with your meds.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
Almost for sure, weed is the problem. Smoking pot is sort of a "wolf in sheep's clothing." One has the impression it's calming and a refuge of sorts, but it can wreck your life. Being stoned is like being in a box, a state of suspended animation - no one can reach in to your space, and you can't reach out. Relationships suffer terribly. It's impossible to move on, so one just stays in the same place indefinitely. Many people I used to know are still lost after all these years and they don't even know it. If you want a happy life, I suggest you walk away from smoking pot and never look back. Then maybe you can get on with figuring out what's really going on with your meds.

Best wishes now and always.
looking back at this is crazy, I was only 16 ! 21 now and Im off all medication but still smoke hella weed. Still have anxiety but I manage it. I was clueless.