View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and working out?

Aidens

Bluelighter
So this is sort of an experience, but I'm asking a question here: have you guys done it? Low dose or high dose, in any case. I'm looking for discussions on this sort of thing.

I love tripping, but, personally I get this overwhelmingly uncomfortable tension and stimulation that I find not so appealing, and has prevented me from tripping more.

So, this brigs me to today. I woke up from a glorious nap and wanted to go for a nice long run to the gym and workout(keep in mind I am a very healthy individual and workout often). But I had a large quantity of 2C-P that's just been sitting around since my friend has not been asking for any lately and I was in a good mood to trip, but was scared of the uncomfortableness of it, so I thought why not do both? It seemed to be a very logical idea, since I would work off the stimulation and tenseness and have my muscles warm up, and maybe even have extra energy for my workout.

Set on this idea, I take half of my normal dose of preworkout supplement, and a tablet of naproxen(in case I got that awful back tension/pain/i dont even know what it is) and half an hour later I am ready. I use tin foil(I know, a terrible idea but I had no glass and it was just a little) to vaporize about 2-3mg of the 2C-P. Vaporization gets 100% props from me. As you all may know, 2C-P takes HOURS to really kick in, but I hold in the light amount of smoke for as long as I can and right on the exhale I feel a slight change in perception.(because I took a small dose) I didn't really want to do more because I wanted to see how this combo of workout and gym would work, and overdoing the psychedelic part seemed detrimental. So I grab a bottle of water and hit the road(running; never drive on psychs!)

As I'm jogging(with my amazing dubstep pandora station playing of course) I feel a great sense of well being, the trees look nice and summery, and I'm not really one to appreciate nature normally. The visuals are only a very slight waving of objects. I get to the gym, ready for an intense session. My gym has some trippy walls and floors and I get on the treadmill and just stare at them while going at a pretty good pace seeing as I'm slightly tripping. I continue that for 10 minutes and go to the weight rooms where I PUMP IT UP. It was the longest, hardest workout I've done so far. I was so in the zone. Normally, I just HAVE to look at the people around me when I work out(there are some fine ass bitties that go to my gym, not creepin) but I just focus on lifting. These ever so slight visuals keep me entertained the entire time.

After this intense workout, I run back home, surprisingly with even more energy to do so. Normally I half run half walk because I'm so tired from lifting, but not this time. This next part is irrelevant to this topic I guess lol but I feel like keep writing. I live with my parents while going to school, so I still have chores and shit to do but I never do them really unless I'm asked(or if I have to to get something done), but when I got home from this crazy workout, I went crazy with cleaning, it was so weird, and I felt great about it.

I took the 2C-P at around 4:30 PM and I feel pretty much the same, if not coming down just slightly, and its now 7:20. I hate long trips also, so I am definitely putting a positive on the vaporizing of psychs.(Well, I guess phenethylamines)
I will DEFINITELY repeat this experience in the future, experimenting with higher doses. What are your guys' thoughts/opinions?

Haha this is funny because I was working out on 2C-B yesterday. Gotta be a little careful since it's pretty similar to an amphetamine on which you can't really tell you're body is tired and you can really overwork yourself.

I mean, I made sure to hydrate very well, and made sure not to push my weight limits to much more than I can normally handle.
But ooh, 2C-B sounds great with it, it's such a mellow, visual, almost relaxing psychedelic, and with my muscle tension from psychedelics, that's saying something!

Yeah I love 2C-B and have been lucky to have a steady hook for several months now. 2C-P sounds pretty interesting, especially since you say you can vaporise it. Ever tried it in a speed pipe?

I've done this with dxm before and sorta with lsd. Not Nessisarily so much working out; but being much more physicaly active.
As mentioned already; it makes it harder to tell when you are pphysicaly exhausted and one time I pushed myself way too hard while on dxm and I ended up being sore as fuck for about a week. I could hardly walk up and down stairs.

The fuck's a speed pipe? Like a crack pipe? I've really been wanting one but it would just seem so weird to get caught with a crack pipe hahahah

I've done this with dxm before and sorta with lsd. Not Nessisarily so much working out; but being much more physicaly active.
As mentioned already; it makes it harder to tell when you are pphysicaly exhausted and one time I pushed myself way too hard while on dxm and I ended up being sore as fuck for about a week. I could hardly walk up and down stairs.
Damn son, I feel great hahah, what activity were you doing on DXM? The only activity I could think of doing on that is robo-walking to the bathroom hahahahah

Hard core badminton >=D
Yeah, I'm not kidding..
May not seem that extreme but when you're going at it for like.. 4 or 5 hours straight, it wears on you >.>

Hard core badminton >=D
Yeah, I'm not kidding..
May not seem that extreme but when you're going at it for like.. 4 or 5 hours straight, it wears on you >.>

How does one play badminton for 4-5 hour XD I feel like specially on dissociatives I'd get tired of it, was it just you? Or was it like a DXM badminton party hahahahaha

I was the only one that took dxm, everyone else was drinking.
And idk, I was just having a really good time playing it. It was great untill I started peaking and lost almost all hand/eye coordination. It was like a low 2nd plateu though so it wasn't super hard to move around.
I'm thinking the intense physical activity may have made the dxm metabolize differently than ussual since it seemed to be weaker than I expected but lasted longer.

i go to the gym quiete often on ketamine, they are the best workouts
That's an interesting thing to hear hahah, my ket binges end me in my room or with friends entranced in music, or rolling around on the fuzzy carpet lmao.
I increased the vaporized dosage today and then went to the gym. I was blind but now I see. "PHENE"omenal. Get it heh cause it's 2c-p

That's an interesting thing to hear hahah, my ket binges end me in my room or with friends entranced in music, or rolling around on the fuzzy carpet lmao.
I increased the vaporized dosage today and then went to the gym. I was blind but now I see. "PHENE"omenal. Get it heh cause it's 2c-p

Haha yeah I get you, I can end up in some states on it too. I only have a line or a few small lines then hit the gym, or on the tail end of heavier use. Incredible workouts. I've not tried 2c-p though.

Ugh. I once did some pretty intense hill sprints a few hours after some ketamine usage and it was hellish. I could only do half my usual sprint workout and my legs were shaking, headache, I almost vomitted and became irrationally convinced that I would never feel normal again and that I had lost all my strength. Sobriety is the only state I'll work out in personally, particularly if any external resistances are involved. Of course a few mgs of caffeine doesn't hurt!

Ugh. I once did some pretty intense hill sprints a few hours after some ketamine usage and it was hellish. I could only do half my usual sprint workout and my legs were shaking, headache, I almost vomitted and became irrationally convinced that I would never feel normal again and that I had lost all my strength. Sobriety is the only state I'll work out in personally, particularly if any external resistances are involved. Of course a few mgs of caffeine doesn't hurt!
I noticed some quite shaky legs and arms when lifting and just walking, although my workouts were definitely amplified, Hm. Interesting.

^interesting article, can't wait to read it, only scanned it just now. I totally find LSD to be performance-enhancing for all kinds of things, once the comeup and acclimatization has passed.

Great read. I have similar experiences with psychedelics (potent cannibus) and working out. Like you, I am in good physical shape and workout often. First time I had smoked weed before hitting the gym to lift, I was too captivated by everything in the gym to get in a good workout. From lying on the bench to grasping the bars and viewing people in the gym seemed too theatrical to focus on my form or strength. I left the gym early. On a separate occasion I smoked weed before doing calisthenics, which proved to be a more productive workout. I felt like I was doing some kind of cosmic dance that was battling myself, as opposed to a weighted bar. I wanted to defeat myself in terms of not becoming fatigue. Listening to music (see epic hero music on YouTube) intensified this. Each positional body transition, especially from prone to standing, felt orgasmic.

I have heard that MXE is great for working out, but you have to be careful because your body may not be able to tell you that you've gone too far.

I work out 3 out of every 4 days at the gym and always do some sort of cardio on the off days, such as hiking and/or swimming. I sometimes have psychedelics going on during this. I really like DOC for it, post-peak, though sometimes vasconstriction can interfere. I would imagine any energizing psychedelic, especially if it doesn't produce vasoconstriction, could be great for working out, but I haven't really experimented. I usually work out first thing in the morning.

On a related note, I find that since I started working out and getting in shape, I get SO MANY fewer side-effects from psychedelics. Whereas before come-ups and sometimes even whole trips would contain significant elements of anxiety, discomfort, etc, now it's very rare that I experience any negative side effects from the psychedelics I choose to use. The same is true for anything... I almost always feel good now. When I get drunk, even if I get wasted, I never get hangovers anymore, nor do I get them from anything else. Being in shape, as far as I am concerned, is a crucial part of being able to be the optimal you, and to experience optimal drug use, and I recommend that everyone and anyone work to accomplish that.

I have heard that MXE is great for working out, but you have to be careful because your body may not be able to tell you that you've gone too far.

I work out 3 out of every 4 days at the gym and always do some sort of cardio on the off days, such as hiking and/or swimming. I sometimes have psychedelics going on during this. I really like DOC for it, post-peak, though sometimes vasconstriction can interfere. I would imagine any energizing psychedelic, especially if it doesn't produce vasoconstriction, could be great for working out, but I haven't really experimented. I usually work out first thing in the morning.

On a related note, I find that since I started working out and getting in shape, I get SO MANY fewer side-effects from psychedelics. Whereas before come-ups and sometimes even whole trips would contain significant elements of anxiety, discomfort, etc, now it's very rare that I experience any negative side effects from the psychedelics I choose to use. The same is true for anything... I almost always feel good now. When I get drunk, even if I get wasted, I never get hangovers anymore, nor do I get them from anything else. Being in shape, as far as I am concerned, is a crucial part of being able to be the optimal you, and to experience optimal drug use, and I recommend that everyone and anyone work to accomplish that.
Damn, wish I tried with MXE, my stash just ran out :p I feel too much confusion with MXE though anyway. And that's interesting that you said athleticism and side effects reducing. When I tripped long ago when I first started tripping, yeah I had vasoconstriction and such but it was manageable. Now that I am very lean/muscular/athletic, I'm just sort of too stimulated, but, on the comedown... My god. My lower back muscles are in excruciating pain from feelings of tension. I don't know what it is, and I do have lower back pain even sober when I wake up. I'm definitely seeing a doctor about this. Anywho, yeah go psychedelics :D

Very interesting article Truffula, I agree. I found that on the comeup, not necessarily peak of 1200ug 25i, I had pin point precision when sniping in call of duty, it was kind of hard to find the enemies to shoot because of the warping vision, but once I did, BOOM. HEADSHOT. Hahahah college was great.