• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and the occult

Anyway, to get back on topic.. After reading multiple accounts of stimulant induced psychoses where stuff was getting knocked over, flying through the room, creating loud noises, people repeatedly, kicked, pushed, held to the ground, even witnessed by others, where it sometimes gets very bizarre and physical..

My hypothesis: That some substances create a more suggestable state, where people are more open to psychic influences, perhaps even evoke such phenomena?

This is just for the fun of telling ghost stories if you will.
Are there people who practice magik or who are mediums experienced with channelling that can confirm this? Maybe there are substances that facillitate this without other side effects? Or are there people who have seen things they can't explain while around someone in such a state?

Last edited:
This isn't the occult at all, but just a weird occurrence... many years ago, my good friend (who often has really weird things happening to him) and I, and a bunch of other friends, were all at a friend's house getting drunk. Another friend was doing cartwheels around the front yard for quite a while and at some point realized he had lost his keys out of his pocket. We all (like 10 people) set about trying to find the keys. It was night and very dark. We all looked for around an hour, with no luck. The friend I mentioned had been passed out in the back bedroom, where there is only one small window facing the back yard, with no ability to see anywhere in the side yards, let alone the front yard. He had been passed out drunk for all that time, and others in the house confirmed he had not stirred at all, and then all of a sudden he comes stumbling out and totally unprompted slurs "you guys looking for the keys? Here they are" and drunkenly walks in a straight line to one of the bushes, lifts up the branches and grabs the keys from under there in one motion, and hands them to my astonished friend. I know my friend had the keys AFTER the friend who found them had passed out because he got a bottle of liquor out of his locked car and I was with him for that.

I guess that had nothing to do with psychedelics either, but I can't explain it (and neither can the friend who found them, he says he was super wasted to the point of barely being coherent but he just had a picture in his head of where they were, and woke up knowing we were looking for them).

Yeah those are cool things. I've had something similar happen to me while driving once (not on psychedelics either) there was a speed trap camera that had been sawed off for months on the road I was on and I usually drive a bit faster there, about 500m ahead I suddenly got a mental image of a new fixed speed trap camera, so I slowed down, when I got there it was replaced, saved me a ticket..

Also a while back I dreamed of people who had sinister sounding names, was laughing about Frankie Knuckles... Next day I was going to look him up as I found it odd to dream about him and wanted to see if he might look like the part.. First thing I see on facebook is that he died, he also seemed like a nice guy, which kinda freaked me out a bit as I was having such a funny dream it seemed a bit inapropriate.

Still I mostly enjoy these moments as they bring wonder and a feeling of connectedness in a way, reminicent of psychedelic experiences.

Last edited:
If you do drugs long enough to you will start to receive occult messages promoting satanism etc , it's just the way it is

nahh,
but if you sit still and watch openly you will see amazing things.

Well it's happened to me and to people I know .... Dmt seems to be the most common form of this.... almost like an acceptance of pure evil as something our souls have sought out and the recognition of this .... like a flip flopped reality presents itself and suddenly everything that is wrong is right and vice verse

this phenomenon probably relates to your culture or parentage where satanic threats were common to scare kids into manageable puppies.

Agreed. I've tripped probably literally 500 times (for a while in the past it was happening 3-5 times a week which is why that number is so high), and I've never had anything even remotely like that happen. I've had terrifying experiences but I was always aware it was just my own brain. I was raised Christian but without the belief of satan, I also never believed in religion, it was more a cultural thing for me as a kid. If I was raised Catholic or something I may have chosen to interpret those terrifying experiences as evil or satanic.

The only time I get satanic messages when tripping is when I listen to the Rolling Stones-Their satanic majesties request whilst peaking. Or if I play black sabbath backwards while on mushrooms.

THats all I really mean , suddenly all that "paying homage to the devil" in music and art just makes sense instantly

This isn't the occult at all, but just a weird occurrence... many years ago, my good friend (who often has really weird things happening to him) and I, and a bunch of other friends, were all at a friend's house getting drunk. Another friend was doing cartwheels around the front yard for quite a while and at some point realized he had lost his keys out of his pocket. We all (like 10 people) set about trying to find the keys. It was night and very dark. We all looked for around an hour, with no luck. The friend I mentioned had been passed out in the back bedroom, where there is only one small window facing the back yard, with no ability to see anywhere in the side yards, let alone the front yard. He had been passed out drunk for all that time, and others in the house confirmed he had not stirred at all, and then all of a sudden he comes stumbling out and totally unprompted slurs "you guys looking for the keys? Here they are" and drunkenly walks in a straight line to one of the bushes, lifts up the branches and grabs the keys from under there in one motion, and hands them to my astonished friend. I know my friend had the keys AFTER the friend who found them had passed out because he got a bottle of liquor out of his locked car and I was with him for that.

I guess that had nothing to do with psychedelics either, but I can't explain it (and neither can the friend who found them, he says he was super wasted to the point of barely being coherent but he just had a picture in his head of where they were, and woke up knowing we were looking for them).

This literally happens to me all the time.. my mom used to hide them so i wouldn't take my whole bottle and one day i walked right into her room looked in one of her shoes cuz i had a feeling it was in there boom it was.. dropped a yellow xanax bar pictured it in tall grass in my apartment complex an i had already drove off walked back over there, found it in 2 secs exactly where i thought dropped 85$ pictured it in some in a patch of grass in the park on my way home from the gas station found it in 2 secs.. idk i just feel really confident they are where i think they are every time even though i hadn't even known i dropped it till much later , just luck though an i think the shoe prolly was just cuz i know my mom so wel tho she has many shoes an i got it on the first try lol my ex was trippin... one time were reading a book that told you what to draw, prolly 1000 pages a page said davie bowie.. i told her i loved the labyrinth she didnt know what it was we randomly flipped prolly 300+ pages right then an it told us to draw a labyrinth

Something that I've learnt from sessions with Santo Daime is that taking psychedelics is a kind
of "work", not only for ourselves, but for the entire network of consciousness that we are and will forever
be.

While on O-PCE and friends I often feel I'm sort of offering neuronal "server time" to resolve conflicts in that telepathic network
that we all carry around but are not aware of - or if I attempt to put it in words, we artfully fool ourselves into simulating
relatively autonomous threads of continuity to maintain our everyday ego, while in reality we all are reflections of each
other - and this is like opening one's heart to the whole possibilities of being, granting access to forgiveness and refreshement
to all creatures and so on...

But maybe it's just a crazy drug delusion in a sick world :)

Satan/Lucifer/Negative Aliens/evil black magicians whatever you want to call them are common themes in trips. I agree with the statement that if you keep tripping eventually you'll make contact with these forces. Our skepticism works as a defense mechanism against these forces. As children we were taught to deny the reality of our own nightmares. We wake up and are told that dreams aren't real, even though it certainly seemed real when we were experiencing it.

It isn't that the nightmares have no reality. Of course they have a reality... we experience them. What is more real than our experience? Objective material reality one might argue but then I'd be like: an experience of objective material reality. So anyways, my point is to me all these forces are real in the same way nightmares are real. That to me is the most honest answer to me. I have a healthy respect for their influence on all aspects of society and even my own being but I strive in my own being to be as free of fear of them as I can. fear/guilt/hate is the hook. Without fear/guilt/hate they have no power over us. They might as well not exist. Except, they do. They are part of the collective consciousness of all of us and what affects you affects me too. Meddling with these forces that meddle for a living is not advised. They're pros. Once you've cleaned and cleared your own heart and mind from their influence you can help others clear their own from these occult forces. That's the only kind of meddling I advise.

I don't recommend meddling at all. Just be aware of what you experience, be the sum of what you are.

George Bush Jr gets all evil, turns into Obama and I'm pretty sure Obama eats that forbidden apple too cause then all kinds of evil ensues but it also summons fire-footed Jesus who comes and saves the day or sumptin. Did I get that right?

I'm a skeptic when it comes to the occult. You might as well smear mayonnaise on a oujia board, as far as I'm concerned any method or technique from the occult would be no more effective (in whatever it is you're trying to accomplish).

When it comes to tripping, why would you try anything 'occult' if you don't believe in it?

Why do people believe in this shit? Well I think I have an explanation. Because people want to feel powerful and or knowledgeable. The esoteric nature of the occult allows a person to feel that they have knowledge or power inaccessible to most others.

The occult provides the fool with a dose of egotism.

That sounds like the psychological fallacy, the idea that if you can come up with a psychological reason why a certain belief might appeal to people then that invalidates it. But it doesn't invalidate it. Many things which are true also happen to be psychologically appealing.

As to the occult, as stated earlier in this thread it simply means hidden. Are you familiar with the idea of the subconscious? Psychedelics tend to reveal aspects of the subconscious/unconscious mind which is they are often connected with the occult. These parts of the mind are hidden from ordinary experience, which makes them occult in nature. The occult is powerful, because those who have a profound understanding of human psychology can use it to manipulate others. Take advertising as an obvious example. Advertisers have learned how to use principles of human psychology to convince them to behave in a certain way. In fact you will often see a lot of occult symbols in company logos.