View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and sexuality

Putingrad

Bluelighter
So I consider myself a heterosexual male, any bi-curiosity I've ever had has been very superficial. However, the last couple of times I've tripped (both times mushrooms, with a group of people), I've found myself quite strongly attracted to a certain male friend of mine who was present! I have not known him for that long, we instantly hit it off when I first met him and have since become good friends... but this is something new altogether. I do not have these same feelings while not tripping I don't believe... but perhaps I should pay more attention to my subconscious to see how true that is.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

[Quit being an ass... helpful responses only please]

perhaps the psychedelics are exposing your latent homosexuality that is lurking just under the surface of your subconscious?

*swilow wants to make a joke about xorkoths edit*

*he won't*

Last edited by a moderator:
^ What a twat.

OP: I'd imagine it's just your friendship being enhanced to "what if?" levels via psychedelics. If you don't feel the same way sober, I'd advise not taking it any further.

in my personal experience i find psychedelics to be sexually broadening.
i'm a lesbian, and (with an exception) the only time i feel anything remotely sexual toward a male is while on psychedelics. i feel they seem to remove gender/sex boundaries - along with a LOT of other perceptual boundaries.

personally, i don't feel that sexual preference is static or defined. i'm entirely sure that it could change.
i just find that psychedelics...
yeah, broaden.

if, for you, those feelings last only while under the influence - trying something might end up awkwardly -
unless you're both totally open guys.

Last edited:
If you don't feel this way sober then don't look any deeper into it. Let's not forget the fact that your high on drugs when you feel this way.

If I were you what feels right sober is probably a better choice than what feels right when tripping.

I think tripping has helped me become much more open-minded to all aspects of humanity (and reality in general), sexuality included. Personally though, I do not think it has made me any more 'gay' than I am although this is almost certainly an impossible thing to say with any certainty.

mushrooms broadened my sexual horizons & prompted me to start exploring my sexuality in a more open-minded way, including experimenting with the same sex when it felt like the right thing to do, because i don't simply don't see what negatives can come out of it (assuming you practice safe sex, which you should anyway).

i'm of the opinion that there are probably some feelings people repress normally due to societal pressures that are not repressed when steeped in boundary-dissolving psychedelia. i do think you should explore these feelings (not necessarily by having sex with guys), because they were probably revealed to you for a reason.

edit: another thing that i got out of mushrooms (particularly a ++++ i had) was the idea that i should stop letting culturally-imposed gender roles control my every-day actions as much. i think this has prompted alot of growth for me in the year since that trip.

Changed said:
That's pretty gay man. :p
^yeah, whatever.

Last edited:
lastnight said:
in my personal experience i find psychedelics to be sexually broadening.
i'm a lesbian, and (with an exception) the only time i feel anything remotely sexual toward a male is while on psychedelics. i feel they seem to remove gender/sex boundaries - along with a LOT of other perceptual boundaries.

psychedelics seem to do that. When i started to experiment with psychedelics I was 19. At that time my father divorced my mother because he (finally) admitted to be gay. He said that he never had the courage to face the fact that he was gay. I thought to myself: I don't want to fool myself in the same way.

Together with the boundary removing effects of psychedelics, this caused some serious doubt about my sexual orientation. I was really confused and scared that I was just fooling myself into thinking I was straight. At that time I was seeing a shrink and she finally asked me: do you ever get aroused by fantasizing about men or looking at men? Your body will tell you what arouses you.

This was such an eye opener. I was never even remotely aroused by men. Women on the other hand drove me crazy with lust (and still do). So my doubt was taken away and I have been a happy heterosexual since. I also feel secure enough to be able to look at a guy and see why he's attractive to women (and gay men). So OP just listen to what your body tells you. What arouses you? There's a difference between seeing the beauty in a person (psychedelics can enhance that) and wanting to have sex with him/her.

I find it hard to think of anything sexual while peaking on psychedelics. For me psychedelics are mostly a solitary experience, but im gay and psychedelics have reassured me that I am indeed gay and not bi or straight. In fact, all drugs have helped me realise that because no matter how drunk how stoned, tweaked, rolling face, tripped out or out of it I am, im always attracted to the same sex. Ive never felt attracted to women sexually on any drug or sober so in a way its helped me realise that I am indeed gay. Its helped alot because ive often wondered if oneday I will become attracted to women, but its simply not happening and I know that for sure now.

Putingrad said:
Anyone else experienced something similar?

Hell yeah, my best friend has morphed into a really cutey many a time before my eyes. Go with it :)

Lol at EntheoDjinn, better negatives then positives in terms of coming out of things...

My sexuality was aways rpetty airy-fairy, never quite sure where I stood, un ti I realised thats where I stood....I don't feel a powerful tender feeling such as I experience towards females, but I can appreciate the raw sexuality of males (I'm male) and sometimes want in. My experiences in that department haven't been great I will say....painful, even, but I have learned a lot aout myself.

Often on psychedelics (particualrly DMT) I find myself masturbating over some kind of generalised God/goddess/androgynous figure, or more to the point, getting fucked by said figure. It appears both male and female. More in concept then form, if that makes sense....

I do thinks its better to have come-down from the drug before you make a choice to play around with your sexuality, but by all means, if you are safe and caring at all times, no harm can come from two guys pleasuring each other quiety- or loudly, hell, why stop there? :) Just remember though that as psychedelics can distort you views, you may not be thinking something that is personally reelveant (ie. a concept on sexuaity) ut you may confuse it with one. Thats why I suggest to wait unti coming down before doing anything.

Alas my same-sex experiences began before I was ready or wiling, but through my own endeavours I've made sure that I know when and what I want- and NEED more to the point. Thus, I've negated some of the moreorrid aspects of my introduction to this world....

I like womens breats and curvaceous figures; their swet gentleness and tenderness; softness; purity. I like male roughness and brutaility- sometimes. I also quite like all of that- reversed. Human sexuaity, like everything thats everywhere exieted and not-existed, isn't back and white, but every shade in between plus some more. It doesn't pay to keep it static through force, but rather channel it where it needs to go, and trust me, it will tell you- sex-force is possiby the strongest energy humans can output. And input- theres power in receiving and giving too.

I believe that psychedelics, and some other drugs for that matter make you seek love where ever it can be found. Sometimes the lines between friendship love and loving relationships are blurred. It can get confusing.

On my first strong trip I remember laying next to my friend (girl) and thinking about how much I would like to make out with her at that moment. I didn't act on those thoughts, but it did make me question myself.

Honestly like others have said, its relativly normal to think these things, if you dont still have the thoughts while sober, dont give it a second thought.

LOVE <3 Karma

advice for some people who may be experiencing homosexual (or heterosexual?) tendencies only during psychedelic drug experiences. Perhaps set aside some time to take a medium dose by yourself (or maybe a VERY trusted friend) to explore some of your thoughts about your sexuality.

I do NOT suggest acting on sexual tendencies that 'bubble up' randomly during a psychedelic trip...if they're not there beforehand...you may want to wait til you're sober to assess things...

But, it could be a sign that it would be a fruitful area for you to explore mentally...or it could mean nothing like karma says above...just a fluke.

EntheoDjinn said:
LOL - was that intentional ;)

errr well... yes? i don't see what you mean by that comment... unless there was some pun or typo i made that i wasn't aware of, i think i said what i meant to say. i don't see what negatives can come out of experimentation assuming safe sexual practices are maintained.

@swilsy: +1 to pretty much everything you said. i was hoping you'd chime in here.

samadhi_smiles said:
I do NOT suggest acting on sexual tendencies that 'bubble up' randomly during a psychedelic trip...if they're not there beforehand...you may want to wait til you're sober to assess things...

Very good advice. I felt like I was all kinds of things while tripping, that didn't mean I needed to validate every single feeling. I felt like I should be able to fly, felt dead, felt more than alive, alien, godlike, femanine, extramacho... .

If you do feel that way when sober then I hope you do explore that side of yourself, under no duress.

feelgoodhit said:
errr well... yes? i don't see what you mean by that comment... unless there was some pun or typo i made that i wasn't aware of, i think i said what i meant to say. i don't see what negatives can come out of experimentation assuming safe sexual practices are maintained.

@swilsy: +1 to pretty much everything you said. i was hoping you'd chime in here.

You used a double negative in your original post.

YES. I took the strongest hit of LSD I've ever had at the weekend, and one of the major trains of my swirling thoughts was the human-imposed binaries of sexuality and gender, and my place, or not, within them. This was probably brought on by some of the study I've been doing and films I've been watching and whatnot lately; nevertheless these were very real and logical thoughts: actually quite disturbing, although I was OK with it at the time.

For me - well, I know I'm bisexual, mostly attracted to men these days though, and I also know that I'm sort-of not very typically feminine - in terms of my interests, mannerisms, choice of friends etc - kind of tomboy-ish. None of that's really changed; more just confirmed, and made more meaningful, by the psychedelic experience. The trip made me happier with who I am, I think (early days!).

As a couple of people seemed to imply above, it's more about the general effect psychedelics can have of breaking down societal barriers and conventions, or allowing us to look at those conventions from a less subjective vantage point.

so yeah, if your experiences are at all comparable to mine, it's definitely not a thing you should take as 'omg I'm gay!', more as 'hmmm... I can appreciate better the nature of gay-ness, and straight-ness, and human-ness.'

:) great stuff, I'm still reeling from that trip.

I took 2C-E with a girl I was very much attracted to, in just about every way, but when the drugs had subsided, I no longer had the attraction when sober. Only until I took it again did the same love/lust arise. Strangely, I am pretty content in being pseudo-asexual at this point from psychedelic use. Or this all illusion?

BreakingSet said:
You used a double negative in your original post.

Hmm, I misread it and stll found sme silly gag in there. I think my maturity levels are at an all time low.