• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and schizophrenia

A quarter tab followed by some weed from a vape a few hours later sounds like a sweet Wednesday evening.
Maybe accompany with some wine or whisky, although alcohol invites a headache next day - stay hydrated of course.
This type of evening could be going out to a movie, dinner, or anything (not driving of course).

But I think we have drifted from the theme of this thread, so I will add, pushing one's limits with dosing is symbolic of needs that extend beyond the moment, and beyond the circumstances. If we consider urgency as the underlying mind set, the results will be extreme.

If you take the elastic mind to extremes with urgency, it will rebound and reverberate intensely - since it is unpredictable anyway, this kind of life is closer to gambling and warfare than to caring and peacefulness. The collateral damage from that may be psychiatric mahem and mental bankrupcy.

Mr. Peabody, this is not meant to undermine your belief's as I think these things have a lot of potential. OP, I think you've got some good advice here and these are only my experiences. I would only add that I took it for the first time at 15. I believe the brain should be allowed to develop more to say around 18 or so in hindsight.

As I've said on here many times my older brother is schizophrenic (and the happiest person I know ironically enough). Doctors that I have some respect for have told me the tons of LSD he took didn't make him schizophrenic per se, they only manifested a condition that was already latent. My parents apparently didn't understand mental illness. But over the years I've come to realize my father's side has something going on in that regard. I think starting at a low dosage is the best advice if you're bound and determined to do it. You probably should have someone that has done it before with you if you are going to go big. Get as far away from cynical people as possible. Have benzo's on hand in case you have to abort. I personally think drinking on top of acid is sacrilegious but many friends have told me that is foolish thinking. I did it dozens of times and would do it again if it is in my karma. I went to college, had a career and all that other boring stuff. My problem is merely addiction, not schizophrenia. I believe that the experience as wonderful as it was left me thinking I wasn't enough on my own and like a stupid teenager I extrapolated the experience to thinking if they said this drug was evil then they must be wrong about opioids, speed, benzo's etc.

Try to imagine the havoc my brothers illness wreaked on my family. The person I looked up to went away forever. Like one of the posters said it's a bit like playing Russian Roulette.

It's kinda weird because some people go into the experience for kicks and end up having a religious experience and visa-versa others go into it wanting spirituality and get something else. Maybe these notions are a bit dated now but I consider LSD to be highly unpredictable. It's not like taking a benzo and knowing precisely what to expect. It could be the conditioning of my era and the PSA's of those times like "Is it turning you on, or turning on you". These types of scare tactics can put the fear of god into you. I won't mention the others because you don't want those things in your mind. Like Mr. Peabody says, There is always a risk. You've probably already done it by now so no need to keep blabbing.

Last edited:
Nah I haven't taken it yet but when the time comes i will be sure to really inch in with a very low dose just to test the waters and save a higher dose which would cause me to actually "trip" for later.

Cheers!