View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and anti psychotics

Sleek65

Bluelighter
I got a shot of a anti psychotic that lasts 4-8 months. Will i be able to enjoy the trip on life i was receiving prior to taking this med. I was mis diagnosed. Before this i felt spiritually in tune and way different then now. I noticed lifes syncronicties! Please give me hope that i will see myself again!

Were you forced to take this particular shot? I never had a shot of anti psychotics but I have taken them in pill form. Risperodone and zyprexa. I was also misdiagnosed. Doctors over prescribe this crap because of pressure from pharmaceutical companies. In my opinion this stuff is pure crap and zaps the life out of people. When I blindly took anti psychotics I could almost feel my personality and ability in critical thinking slowly fade as time progressed.
I'm sorry you are going through this but I can assure you that once it wears off and you get off of anti psychotics completely you will return to normal. Just know you may feel like something is off for at least a couple months after you quit taking anti psychotics. They are literally a chemical lobotomy.

My mom was forcing me. I hope this med doesnt do anything permenent.

It wont. Temperament changes seem to imply very long term use or brain damage via OD or something similar.

Thats good. This injection ruined my culture and living. Im used to feeling like im tripping. I hope its out at the 8 month mark.

That's messed up that you were forced to get a shot just for not thinking exactly the way everyone else thinks. This sort of thing is going to start happening a lot more often. It's a way of making people conform and to not question authority.

Hang in there. My heart goes out to you. I've been through a similar situation and it eats me up inside that this is happening to more and more people everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are literally a chemical lobotomy.

Hah. Those were literally the words I said to the doctor who prescribed me Seroquel and she said "Oh no, it's nothing like that." Wonder if she's ever tried it?

@generally:

I guess problems like this can arise if your ideas and perception of the world does not fit with what people around you think they should be like. It is not that I don't believe you are misdiagnosed but that generally speaking I'd rather leave it in the middle if I don't actually know a person.
It is possible your ideas about synchonicities were harmless before you got the shot, but also possible that the extent of patterns you saw or looked for - that were not there in the least - would be considered something like budding schizophrenia by many standards, and it might threaten your own way of functioning rather than the paradigm of people around you.
In the latter type of case, it would be questionable for a person to reject treatment and to get involved (again) with drugs esp. psychedelics.

Again: check the disclaimer I just typed that I mean to approach this objectively and to put this in perspective. So take that into account if you with to reply to this.

@TS:

In any case, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt. And whatever is going on: good luck with it! :)

Try taking two hits of acid and telling us what happens!

I've found that risperidone mutes my trip, but I still get a lot of good thinking going on and some minor visual effects.