• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Amphetamines?

Agreed. Any sort of speed makes me compulsively think about sex and masturbating amd I’m not satisfied till I get off. Pretty useless drug for me, these days if I take it it’s with the Intention of having sex, otherwise the side effects are not worth it for me.
I take Kratom to get the effects I thought speed was supposed to have (focus, energy, motivation, slight euphoria)
As for OP, just wait, you’re feeling compulsive, which speed tends to do, you’ll enjoy the trip more on a clear head.
Yes Amphetamine and cocaine, and almost all stimulants are sexual for me, even caffeine.

I never took MDA or MDMA, as I abused Dexedrine and almost became addicted to it, I would have became addicted to cocaine had I continued to ever use it more than once, and hard drugs including MDMA, and 'Ecstasy' tablets some of which were cut with METH were easier to get than alcohol.

Interesting combo, that sounds like it was a good time lol

I love speed (it’s an excellent social/dancing drug as you mentioned) but idk if could handle it with the combined stimulation of lsd. Although amph is always very head clearing for me so maybe it would be nice. Probably wouldn’t do it without an emergency benzo on hand lol

Yeah this sums it up lol. But I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. Amphetamines (mdma included) can really help me to go within and touch that deep part of my true self. Sometimes that’s needed, especially if you’ve been obliterating the ego with psychs as I was doing for a while

I agree completely and if anything my experiences with psychedelics have taught me the ego isn’t something to despise. I’d also argue many of heavy psychedelic users I know have fairly big egos, IMO psychedelics are like weight training for the ego but that’s for another thread ;)

But without a healthy ego, one has zero confidence to move around in THIS reality, and in the end whether we like it or not this reality is the one we have to work with...

MDMA gives a similar effect, and I’ve been thinking of making a thread on that subject as well cuz I think the mechanism by which it heals people is unique.

-GC

A bit different, but 4-FA and 4-AcO-DMT mixed in a way that completely blew my mind. I never ever would have tried it but some random circumstance lead me there and it was the craziest trippy rolls and audio hallucinations I have ever had

I agree completely and if anything my experiences with psychedelics have taught me the ego isn’t something to despise. I’d also argue many of heavy psychedelic users I know have fairly big egos, IMO psychedelics are like weight training for the ego but that’s for another thread ;)

But without a healthy ego, one has zero confidence to move around in THIS reality, and in the end whether we like it or not this reality is the one we have to work with...

MDMA gives a similar effect, and I’ve been thinking of making a thread on that subject as well cuz I think the mechanism by which it heals people is unique.

-GC
Lol weight training for the ego, couldnt have said it better myself.

after heavy use of psychs I was very out of touch with reality, culminating in a psychotic break on a high dose of lsd and cannabis about a year ago. A few months of total sobriety honed me back in, and a couple months ago two experiences I had (one on mdma and another on amphetamine) helped me to conceptualize some deep seated questions I had about myself. this is why I prefer the term enactogen to empathogen. Enactogen translates to “touching within” which I think is a better definiton of the effects as opposed to producing feelings of empathy (not that they can’t do that too ofc)

but yeah we could fill many pages with just this sort of discussion, I think making that thread would be a good idea 🙂

Enactogen. I like it.
Although.... it seems to me that most any drug out there has the potential to be considered an Enactogen.
But I have felt that way about the terms empathogen and entactogen too...

Enactogen. I like it.
Although.... it seems to me that most any drug out there has the potential to be considered an Enactogen.
But I have felt that way about the terms empathogen and entactogen too...
Yeah it’s not perfect, most drugs could indeed be considered enactogens

that said, for people who have used these drugs the specific effect of “touching within” is easily identifiable while under the influence of these specific compounds

much like how psychedelic is not a perfect term either, but that 5HT2a agonism is easily identified when taking one

If you like amphetamine, and psychedelic drugs you might like DOM/STP, and DOC. I never took them but they last a very long time.

I read an interview with Grace Jones where as a teen she took LSD maybe 4-5 times, and she was given DOM/STP and a doctor was there in case anything happened, and she said the experience made her not use any psychedelic drugs including acid again as it lasted a very long time and was enough.