Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Amphetamines?

Juicy Zack

Bluelighter
Hey guys

Is there a cross tolerance between psychedelics and amphetamines?

Not much but may be a little in the euphoria/stimulation department for some of them like LSD n Mescaline. I wouldn’t worry about in the sense of cross tolerance, but if your on a heavy speed binge I don’t recommend tripping til you’ve leveled off again.

-GC

Not much but may be a little in the euphoria/stimulation department for some of them like LSD n Mescaline. I wouldn’t worry about in the sense of cross tolerance, but if your on a heavy speed binge I don’t recommend tripping til you’ve leveled off again.

-GC
For speculative educational purposes, where would someone begin their definition of "Leveled off" ?

Just curious how to define it in for my own experiences.

Speed tends to send me loopy and make me compulsively masturbate so I never mixed it with a psychedelic - I kicked that shit to the kerb terrible drug when it gets a grip.

I find mdma to be the most drug to get a grip of me, compared to amphetamine my experience with it in terms of compulsive dosing is much less pronounced, and i feel it is less intense overall

-GC

yea agreed i did notice that. This was just my first time, took a 40mg pill for the night and that was about it. I've had to deal with withdrawal symptoms before and that shxt isn't fun, so i am careful.

Question: what is an "acceptable" dosing frequency for amphetamine, how often could i trip and how long of a break is needed between sessions, to avoid any possible neurotoxicity or damage, could i think of it same as MDMA, so like once a month? i know tolerance takes 14 days for amphetamine to reset, but can not find much info

For speculative educational purposes, where would someone begin their definition of "Leveled off" ?

Just curious how to define it in for my own experiences.

I’d say a point where shadow people stop yelling your name ;) but no, it depends for everyone but just when you feel as normal as one possibly can after a binge. I’ve never been addicted to speed, only cocaine, so hard for me to fully relate.

yea agreed i did notice that. This was just my first time, took a 40mg pill for the night and that was about it. I've had to deal with withdrawal symptoms before and that shxt isn't fun, so i am careful.

Question: what is an "acceptable" dosing frequency for amphetamine, how often could i trip and how long of a break is needed between sessions, to avoid any possible neurotoxicity or damage, could i think of it same as MDMA, so like once a month? i know tolerance takes 14 days for amphetamine to reset, but can not find much info

So I’ve been using d-Amphetamine as a good going out and dancing stimulant for years at doses ranging from 2.5-10mg typically. I’d say average of 6-10 times a year. Been doing this for at least a decade at this capacity with no toxicity and no tolerance far as I can tell from mood and cognitive function.

I’m just one persons experience but take that as you will. I think if kept to reasonable doses just once in awhile it’s a fine drug with zero negative effects on my psychedelic experience.
-GC

I love speed and LSD.

Can't say I've notied crosstolerance between the two, no.

@G_Chem ran some googling and I'm a bit confused. d-Amphetamine and Amphetamine are the same thing? which one is exactly talked about when we say speed? also called Ice i guess? How are they different? These articles that google brings out are so vague.

Yea 6-10 times a year is aligned with what most experienced users advice with.

But that’s for one substance I'm guessing? what if on other occasions you did other things like psychedelics or MDMA, does each substance get 6-10 times a year or is it more of 6-10 times a year of one substance only?

Are you saying d-Amphetamine is a better dance/rave stimulant than MDMA?

Thanks in Advance

Never mix stimulants with LSD. It will send your heart over the 200 range i did it once and never again. Time went backwards slows played in reverse my heart rate was in the 200 + for hours. I went on a massive walk around outside and the mall like a mad man laughing so hard everybody was looking at me lmao cause i was just laughing and tripping balls. fun days i would not walk around peaking in malls like i use to do back in the days

Amphetamines be either D-amphetamine or L-Amphetamine or Amphetamine(racemic or mixed) . Illegally manufactured amphetamines are usually racemic. There is a difference between the effects. They are less powerful than Methamphetamine. You can google for more precise information now that you have the terms.

Last edited:
Never mix stimulants with LSD. It will send your heart over the 200 range i did it once and never again. Time went backwards slows played in reverse my heart rate was in the 200 + for hours. I went on a massive walk around outside and the mall like a mad man laughing so hard everybody was looking at me lmao cause i was just laughing and tripping balls. fun days i would not walk around peaking in malls like i use to do back in the days
Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean everybody will, TripS.
I never had any problem with this combo.

@pulverstaden i haven't tried taking LSD and Speed at the same time, how was that?

It's really nice. I usually don't do the speed until it's gone at least two hours since ingesting the LSD.
It has a very pronounced effect as it accelerates the thought process; this can get intense if you're not used to both substances alone.
A hefty raise in euphoria, a slight shift in perception. The inclination to go off the rails into a loop of bad thoughts or paranoia is seriousy heightened, though I feel the speed removes alot of anxiety from the acid.

Really like this combo if I'm at, say a party - being only on acid makes me space out abit. This keeps my feet on the ground.
Or if I'm, say, writing - amazing combo.

But I would start with small doses of each unless you've done a lot of them.

Also, some Valiums are nice to have in your pocket. The mental aspect of knowing you can calm the trip down is calming in itself.

If you've got a a history of heart disease/issues, I wouldn't recommend this combo.
LSD is stimulating in itself. Adding speed transforms it from a horse-driven carriage to a lambo.

Also, vasoconstriction gets intense. I do some seeds of datura to counteract that, but datura is def a substance you shouldn't take easy on.

Now, this is just my experience. It may vary greatly between individuals.

d-Amphetamine and Amphetamine are the same thing? which one is exactly talked about when we say speed? also called Ice i guess? How are they different?
No. D-amp is dextroamphetamine, such as found in Dexedrine, Zenzedi and Dextrostat.
Vyvanse is also a pro-drug for dex-amp.
Amphetamine is a racemic mix of levo- and dexamphetamine. I'm not to sure about which ratio it is though.
Speed is regular racemic amphetamine.

Ice is meth-amphetamine, another beast entirely as I've understood (haven't done it, so can't speak about its effects).

I find dex-amp to be really good when you just wanna stay awake and stay focued.
For studying, for example, I'd prefer dex-amp.

Regular, racemic amphetamine sulphte produces more pronounced effects - you just don't stay awake and focused, but you feel that you're really on a stimulant.
You feel that on dex-amp aswell, of course, but racemic for me has always been a bit more of a rush, a better high, in lack of better vocabulary.

When dex-amp hits, I just feel awake.
When regular amp hits, I get shivers and the hairs in my neck standup.

Stay safe dude

yeah but it still has physical dangers. My friend would smoke meth though to sober up on acid if he took to much.
It does indeed. Any specific, beside the vasoconstriction? It takes a tool on teh ol' pump, but if one doesn't have a heart condition or history of it and is a relatively healthy individual, it ain't that bad. It's not like you do acid several times a month (unless you be fiendin on those tabs).
Well, whatever floats his boat!

When you start seeing shadow people on your house roof experts suggest you should cut your doses by at least 50%.

Speed tends to send me loopy and make me compulsively masturbate so I never mixed it with a psychedelic - I kicked that shit to the kerb terrible drug when it gets a grip.
Agreed. Any sort of speed makes me compulsively think about sex and masturbating amd I’m not satisfied till I get off. Pretty useless drug for me, these days if I take it it’s with the Intention of having sex, otherwise the side effects are not worth it for me.
I take Kratom to get the effects I thought speed was supposed to have (focus, energy, motivation, slight euphoria)
As for OP, just wait, you’re feeling compulsive, which speed tends to do, you’ll enjoy the trip more on a clear head.

I had an amazing experience once where I added a tiny amount of d-meth to a candyflip. It was interesting because I was tripping yet so on point with my thought process.

At some point a girl comes up trying to fuck with me a bit (I look like an easy target to some, they always regret it) asking me confusing questions trying to fuck with someone tripping.. (Unfortunately people still do this often.) I quickly had her head spinning in return, then she got all flirty but I was very unimpressed by her initially.

Later that night I had this god-like feeling that I had control of everyone’s emotions in the crowd, like I could manipulate people in any way I desired. In the moment used the “power” for good, but the overall experience was the exact opposite of ego softening/loss lol.

Never had such a fun night though. Me and my brother ran around that night like we owned the place, never had so many women come onto me. Danced from about 6pm til 8am, nonstop nearly.

The only thing was the come up caught me off guard, for one moment I thought I was gonna lose it all.

-GC

I had an amazing experience once where I added a tiny amount of d-meth to a candyflip.
Interesting combo, that sounds like it was a good time lol

I love speed (it’s an excellent social/dancing drug as you mentioned) but idk if could handle it with the combined stimulation of lsd. Although amph is always very head clearing for me so maybe it would be nice. Probably wouldn’t do it without an emergency benzo on hand lol

exact opposite of ego softening/loss lol.
Yeah this sums it up lol. But I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. Amphetamines (mdma included) can really help me to go within and touch that deep part of my true self. Sometimes that’s needed, especially if you’ve been obliterating the ego with psychs as I was doing for a while