View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic trip post depersonalization/derealization

Min2DaysRecovery

Greenlighter
Hey there. I tripped a while ago and had generally a really good experience, however ended up getting depersonalization/derealization afterwards for about 4 months. Was wondering if this is a warning sign that I should not trip again?
I also got floaters since my trip, and a tiny bit more of a noticeable static vision (not sure if this existed before the trip and if I just noticed it more after the trip). So all in all, does it seem like I am predisposed to some kind of HPPD and should therefore not trip again?
Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

I tend to get that from high plateau dex trips, what I do to cope is remind myself where I am, what I'm doing, you know, to stay grounded.

Is it still bothering you currently, or has it faded away?

No it has gone away. However I was really depressed when I had it and I just don't want to go through it again.

How did you get out of it? Did it just gradually fade away, or was there a moment of resolution?

It gradually went away. I tried to continue my everyday life and talking to someone about it really helped loads. Eating healthy, taking vitamins and working out is key. But most critical factor of my recovery was probably meditation. That really reduced the anxiety and eventually helped me recover faster.

I guess my question would be: "how important is tripping to you?"
If it's worth the negative affects, then, yes trip again.
If not, then no...

I had a similar experience but not as severe... i have personally chosen to not do any psychedelics from now on because they made me depressed as well as dp/dr like you said... i think people are more sensitive to dp/dr and depression/anxiety from drugs than other people are... phuckingnutz is rite though... if its worth it than go for it...

Tripping is definitely not an important part of my life, I rather be sane if it meant gambling with my psyche. I kind of wanted to know if DP/DR is a common effect of a first time trip and that it might not happen later on because you kind of know what to expect of tripping, with a moderate dose of course. But I agree with ovenbakedskittles that there must be some kind of correlation.

From what I've read, drug induced DP/DR is usually fairly short lived, whereas it is more likely to be chronic in people who just "have" it.
My girlfriend had some trouble with it a couple of times after doing DMT, but as I said, it was short lived...a few days.
A big problem is that it causes anxiety and anxiety makes it worse, so you have a vicious cycle that is sometimes hard to break.