• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Psychedelic trip from dabs

Ligand

Greenlighter
I have been dabbing for about 5 months so hash oil is not very foreign to me but recently had an unusual experience and I am wondering if anyone has had this happen before.

After a week long break from dabbing I decided to pick up a few grams of some honeycomb from a dispensary in San Jose. Afer 5 dabs I was pretty high but I decided to take a dab of the sour d I picked up since I hadn't tried it yet. A few minutes after I take the hit i lean back in my chair and my whole body begins vibrating intensely. Not like you feel your skin tingle - It felt as if there were a cell phone placed in the center of my body and was constantly vibrating throughout my whole body. I googled it to see if it has happened to anyone else and found myself laughing uncontrollably at what I was reading. I was completely euphoric for about 5 minutes until I leaned back in my chair again and the visuals started to take over. I no longer saw my room in front of me, I was flying through a black and white pixelated world with changing patterns in front of me. This lasted for 5 or 10 minutes until I decide to try and go to sleep. As I lay down I am wide awake and my body is still vibrating as intensely as before.

That is all I remember from that night but it was definitely different from any other MMJ experience I have had. I don't know if it is related to the 25i I took a week before this but it might be worth mentioning. Either way, it was an awesome time and if anyone else has had such an experience please share.

Hi! I've never tried dabs. I've had hallucinations from weed on a few occasions, I've described them here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/714830-Open-and-closed-eye-visuals-from-weed

I never got the vibrating thing however! That euphoria must have been awesome. I've had strong euphoria when drinking weed milk, I couldn't stop laughing my arse off (the thing is I was eating at a friend's place with his mum, and I was witnessing him trying to explain to his mum that we hadn't smoked anything, that was really hilarious).

Edibles plus dabs can be a powerful experience.

I just get very high for a very long time with those two in conjunction, and sometimes that can mean strong CEVs and a strong possibility that I will pass out and wake up the next day still very high.

I have not gotten that of an intense trip from dabbing before.
However, when I first started taking dabs I took 3 of some really bomb shatter, stepped outside and saw a tree in my backyard transform into the fairly odd parents right before my eyes.
Freaked me the fuck out.

i've never dabbed but when i started smokin weed i'd also 'trip' (high was psychedelic)... body vibrating (just like you said), visuals and all crazy shit... but as i started smokin more frequently, that sadly never happened anymore..
i'd assume that weed is a psychedelic in strong doses and as dabbin is much more stronger than lets say a joint (i think so right? where i live its all joints, no bongs dabs or any fancy shit haha), it sure could give you a psychedelic experience..... just my 2 cents, im not a veteran stoner or anything

Last edited:
Straight forward~ Most definitely.

The first time I ever tried a dab was offered by dudes I had just met, and it was some see through shatter. Was way too much, and there was definitely a HUGE psychedelic edge to it, more akin to an actual psychedelic trip then a weed high. Fucking melting into anything I sat on, watching the walls just be a blur. I had no tolerance at the time, and it was overpowering to say the least.

My first and only Dab

...I leaned back in my chair again and the visuals started to take over. I no longer saw my room in front of me, I was flying through a black and white pixelated world with changing patterns in front of me.

A couple weeks ago I dabbed for the first time without knowing how the experience would go. I did have a pretty good feeling that I would get sick (I did).

I was uncomfortably high for a very long time, and my significant other was very angry with me after I did this. We were at her brother's place and left abruptly after I dabbed and then sat outside for a second trying to collect myself. She drove.

Once in the car I started to slip even deeper and every turn in the vehicle felt exaggerated and hurt my stomach. Very soon I started to notice that on top of my feeling sick I was started to get closed eyes visuals.
I would receive patterns and numbers and words in the center of my vision that ALL felt somehow familiar and nostalgic, and they were all attached to my late grandma somehow.

CR-29 is one of the main things I remember, and this combination of letters and numbers was attached to a weird symbol. I remember a few other words and such, but I'll keep them to myself.
Even now, weeks after, I can't shake how profound that was.

Another thing was that I was sort of "Levels" deep and every so often on the drive home I would break through one of these levels and the visuals would take on a different form and "spiritual shape". I don't know how to explain it other than that. The shapes and symbols were still of the same nature and were still attached to the same deep meaning, but the different levels I experienced each showed me the symbols in a different way.

The symbols would also beat perfectly to a sort of BPM in my head.

Aside from the symbols, every time I would break through a level (there were around 8 levels) I would feel like I were about to throw up with increasing severity each time.
I felt like the car was traveling at 3,000mph and it was a struggle to keep my mind calm.
It felt as though my drive home was 3-4 hours when in reality it was only about 1.5.

Once I got home the visuals were nearly gone and I was at a more comfortable state. I never threw up and I actually decided that I liked the overall experience.
It was just as horrendous as it sounds and I probably won't be doing it again anytime soon; maybe ever, but after having the hallucinogenic experience that I did I feel like it was worth it and I needed it.

Weed most definitely makes you trip, with or without tolerance, just takes a variable amount for people. I have a very low tolerance so I just smoke the weed, never dabs, occasionally eat edibles. I either get very high every time I smoke or I trip, especially if I've had a break. A few vivid trips I had, one time I quit smoking weed for like a week, took two massive bong rips, my first time in a week, alone in the dark. It was actually kind of scary. I was having closed eye hallucinations and I was hearing strange noises that I know came because of the high. Thought I heard whispering in my head and it didn't go away. It was just mumbling, didn't make any sense. It was very strange. Was very confused, had what felt like a mini ego death. Another time I didn't smoke for like four days, took three massive pipe hits and had a similar experience. This was months after that first experience. I put the pipe down on the patio I was sitting on but for some reason, whatever reason I thought I put it in my pocket, and this was seconds later so I reached in my pocket and thought I lost my piece, only to realize I was retarded-stoned. Went inside my house and thought I saw my cat chasing my feet but when I blinked and he wasn't there. He instantly vanished. That actually scared the shit out of me because I knew for a fact it was a hallucination, and I lock the basement so he can't get down there so that's proof. The reason that scared me was I realized my mind could easily play tricks on me, and usually does once I get to a certain level. I'm always very careful with the edibles and only take a few bites and have even overdone it that way. I love cannabis though, has helped me figure out things about myself and about life that I wouldn't have otherwise.

May I also add that I have been so high before that while I was listening to music I zoned out so bad I forgot I was even listening to music. A ten minute song feels like five hours.