• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Psychedelic Tolerance Calculators

Midi510

Greenlighter
There are a few calculators out there, but I'm pretty sure they all use the same formula. All the ones I've used give the same results. I have extensive experience with both LSD and psilocybin since 1971. Most trips were 400µg - 600µg for acid and 1/4oz. (7g) for mushies. Nearly all trips were in or near mountain wilderness environments. Trips were spaced out by years and were for spiritual or vision quest/other worlds purposes. For the last couple years, I've only micro and mini dosed with a 600µg dose trip nearly two years ago. I was wanting to asses the value of large doses one more time and dropped 900µg recently and went backcountry skiing. I always do window pane or liquid. Paper just hasn't seemed as clean to me. Using a smart phone and GoPro on 900µg is challenging, but I got some good photos and footage. I determined that I just end up in the same place and don't need to go big anymore, but to the point of the post, I wanted to test out the calculator and plugged 900µg in as the original dose and six days later wanted a 150µg equivalent. It said I would need to take 453.5µg. I was still processing the previous trip and really didn't even want to trip again, but wanted to test the calculator. It said if I took 150µg, I'd have little to no effect at all, but that's what I took. I found that as far as visuals and the often sought after hallucinogenic affects go, there was really no effect, but as an entheogen, I was right back to where I was the previous trip. It may be because I've been meditating for nearly 45 years and had a spontaneous kundalini awakening in 1978. I'm more or less in a state of samadhi all the time now anyway. I wanted to post this, though, because I think people should be cautious about using the calculators and could end up dealing with some heavy shit even though they aren't getting the hallucinogenic effects.

How the f*** do you go skiing on 900 micrograms of lsd? Please tell me you had a "trip sitter"?

I've never had a trip sitter. I've been skiing since I was three. I grew up skiing at least two or three times a week (every day during holidays), seven months a year, even going for for P.E. once a week. I feel more at home on skis than on my feet. I go backcountry more than lift serviced, even thought I work for a ski area and ski for free.

When I was twelve, I stole two hits of four way window pane from my step dad and had a defining moment in my life. 900µg is the most I've ever done and isn't fundamentally any different than, say, 500µg, but more intense. Big trips take me to what I would call the center of all being, where the entire world appears to emanate from me. I deal with issues like good and evil and the appearance of time and salvation, etc. It's pretty draining and I really don't see myself ever doing more than 300µg or 400µg again. God is my trip sitter as God has been my "life" sitter for the last 60 years. I would have died a dozen times over if I wasn't being watched over.

I usually try to avoid people altogether when tripping. At the age when I was supposed to be learning my social skills (2-4), I was playing alone in the woods, living in a log cabin with no running water or electricity. I'm far more comfortable in the woods and mountains than around people.

The music in this video is what I was listening to in my helmet while I was skiing. This was not while tripping.