• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Psychedelic Soul's Rock 'n' Roll Weirdathon- Free Popcorn

I will move this thread into your own den of iniquity but only this once. Any other topic gets closed and you get infracted. And the only reason this will be retained is because of the efforts drug_mentor has gone to in his replies.

I hate to be a hardass but you don't seem to care about the rules. We created a thread for you because much of what you write is inflammatory and tedious. Its a hint, basically, but you appear incapable of understanding it. If you haven't learned from your multiple vacations, its unlikely that you will. I think its not because you are incapable but because you don't give a shit. That's fine, but expect similar treatment- you've earned nothing more.

People ask me why I'm so heartless? Why do I want people to be less empathetic towards suicide? Why do I support things that I know will drive LGBT kids to commit suicide? I said some nasty stuff about Leelah Alicorn and his suicide a while ago condemning those who want to enact social change because of it.

It's all part of my agenda. You see, the suicide rate among LGBT kids benefits my ideology a lot. However, it's now hurting my ideology. On one hand, I seemingly should want them to live right? Most gays are left-leaning and the left supports legalization of drugs. Which I support. However, plenty of other people support that, and gays don't make up a huge chunk of the population. So their deaths are not gonna hurt my cause. What it will do is reinforce my belief that there's spiritual issues with homosexuality. It also means less people who are alive to oppose my beliefs on religious freedom and support political correctness. Plus, if they come from christian homes they might end up being anti-drug. Therefore, the death of christians does in fact benefit me. So that means if an LGBT christian commits suicide, it should be a great benefit for my belief system. Two birds with one stone basically...
However, thanks to political correctness, I'm losing the ideological benefit. This is because people feel sorry for them rather than saying, "whatever, they're dead now, who cares?" So in fact, more people are wanting to pass laws that hinder religious freedom... Damn... That's why I preach my pro-suicide beliefs. This way, if less people felt bad for these kids, then their suicide would benefit my ideology... You see, I don't just them to die because I think suicide is okay. I actually think there's a social benefit in it. However, since these people have successfully ingrained political correctness into society, it's not helping when they commit suicide due to the sympathy created on their behalf.

And that's the ideological reason why I want less people to feel bad for suicide victims. Now, if I support legalizing weed, then why don't I want more christians dead? That's a tough question... Why do I want dead LGBT kids, but not dead christians... Well fore one, Christians aren't dying via suicide. So for me to say I want more christians to die implies I want them killed. And as much as I may personally like to see that, it violates my principles. So therefore, I can't be like Nero.
One other reason is that Christians, while their views on drugs harm me, their views on religious freedom are agreeable to me. And they resist the influence of political correctness. With less christians, you'd have less pro-religious freedom and anti-PC people... However, LGBT people aren't a big enough group to make a difference in drug legalization. So their suicide would not harm my ideology the way losing half the christian population would. Whereas christians are both a benefit and a problem, LGBT kids only pose a threat to my ideology.

So in other words, you support suicide of marginalized groups if it supports your agenda in other ways? Sounds like you're only thinking of yourself; I'd say that's why you're so heartless. Pretty selfish if you ask me. Do you believe that people should be selfish? If everyone was selfish there would exist nothing to ensure that people at large have any rights at all. This would benefit no one (unless you're powerful enough to make sure you get everything you want).

So in other words, you support suicide of marginalized groups if it supports your agenda in other ways? Sounds like you're only thinking of yourself; I'd say that's why you're so heartless. Pretty selfish if you ask me. Do you believe that people should be selfish? If everyone was selfish there would exist nothing to ensure that people at large have any rights at all. This would benefit no one (unless you're powerful enough to make sure you get everything you want).

It's not so much selfishness as it is the fact that I think my principles are more important than human life. If I really wanted things to be done just my way, I would support genocide against religious people to help legalize pot. However, murder violates my principles. So for that reason, I dont' want the government to kill people who oppose marijuana, as much as it would probably make me happy.
I always fantasize about about burning down a church and lighting blunt from the embers of it.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that would be the wrong thing to do simply because my principles support freedom of private property.
However, since these LGBT kids are killing themselves, that means it's okay for me to support it since it's not in violation of my beliefs.

I just want everyone to be free. I wanna smoke weed. I want religious bakers not to have to do gay weddings. I want gays to get married. I want muslim men to do whatever they want to their wives so long as the wife is okay with his authority given via the Koran... I just want all of that. Not for me, for everyone. Espcially since I consider psychedelic drugs to be a religious activity and therefore, consider the first ammendment to be currently invalid.
I have a certain way I define freedom of religion. And I think that keeping that freedom outweighs the value of human life.

PS can you please stop with your inane and insane rants. Honestly, I couldn't give less of a fuck about your vacuous, hateful and destructive political opinions. At this point, I think I speak for most of bluelight when I say that.

I like philosophy, I am happy to shoot the shit all day about Cartesian dualism, causal determinism, morality, the value of human life, or virtually any other mainstream philosophical topic. But, I am not remotely interested in having another conversation about your controversial ideology.

PS can you please stop with your inane and insane rants. Honestly, I couldn't give less of a fuck about your vacuous, hateful and destructive political opinions. At this point, I think I speak for most of bluelight when I say that.

I like philosophy, I am happy to shoot the shit all day about Cartesian dualism, causal determinism, morality, the value of human life, or virtually any other mainstream philosophical topic. But, I am not remotely interested in having another conversation about your controversial ideology.

Well let me ask you something then... I admit that I want more kids to kill themselves, and have intense hate for people who support drug laws...
If you think I'm hateful and psychotic... Would you be happy if I died? Let's say I was killed and everyone who's ideas are similar to mine were killed. If that was the case, whatever views you may have would probably be more accepted since people opposing them would be dead?
Would that not make you smile knowing that the people standing in the way of your beliefs are dead?

Isn't it only natural/normal to feel that way?

If hypothetically, my dead would make your views and beliefs closer to being fulfilled in the real world, then how would it not make you happy? Or at least, how would it not be a good thing for you?

If a person dying is a bad thing, regardless of whether it benefits the world or not, then that begs the question, what is it about my life that makes it worthy of being valued by anyone other than me and the people close to me.

You don't know me personally, so you'd not be hurt or feel bad if I died. So how would it be wrong for you to find joy in the death of people who's ideology is the opposite of you and in your mind as holding the world back.
I mean, as much as I agree with christians on the religious freedom debate, I'll admit that science, technology, and education would be much better off without them.
So if it weren't for that one issue that I agree with christians on, I'd love to see them wiped off the earth for the greater good of social progress.

Imagine if during the dark ages, religious people all died off due to war and disease and the scientific repression never occured. We'd be much more technologically advanced if that happened... So wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that if that hypothetical event did happen it would be a good thing?

No offense, but this discussion doesn't particularly interest me.

psychadelicsoul, your hypothesis appears to make an assumption based on a pre-conventional stage of moral development. Why is this so?

I am not even going to entertain this nonsense with you, I am not sure what you didn't understand about my last post.

Once again, I have absolutely zero interest in debating your ideology with you, this includes debating more precise issues which relate to the foundations or justifications for your hateful beliefs.

You seem to be one of the posters around here who is most interested in mainstream philosophy. Like I said, I like philosophy. If you create a discussion which relates to mainstream philosophical topics it is likely I will participate. As far as the shit you have going right now, I am not remotely interested.

I'm not entirely sure psychadelicsoul's statements constitute beliefs insofar as the statements seem to be more speculations about humanity from a morally compromised point of view.

Taking into account the perceived want of psychadelicsoul to erase their ego, which may not even be possible, some of the statements made border on delusional thinking with no objective realities or suppositions behind them.

I'd recommend reading up on values, environmental influences, and biological factors as to why one would have such views on self and society.

I'd recommend reading up on values, environmental influences, and biological factors as to why one would have such views on self and society.

My views are very simple, you don't need to read shit to understand them.

Why do I support the things I do? Freedom. My beliefs are simple and there's no need to go in such great length to understand them.

I am not even going to entertain this nonsense with you, I am not sure what you didn't understand about my last post.

Once again, I have absolutely zero interest in debating your ideology with you, this includes debating more precise issues which relate to the foundations or justifications for your hateful beliefs.

You seem to be one of the posters around here who is most interested in mainstream philosophy. Like I said, I like philosophy. If you create a discussion which relates to mainstream philosophical topics it is likely I will participate. As far as the shit you have going right now, I am not remotely interested.

Before you blindly accuse me of being "hateful" despite me not expressing any sentiment of hatred towards any people, let me ask you? What do you think outweighs humanity?
Do you seriously think that the life of human beings is the most important thing in the world?

I accused you of being hateful because you are happy about the deaths of certain groups of people because you perceive this as helpful to your ideology. Perhaps callous was a more appropriate word, but the word hateful can be used informally to mean very unpleasant, so I did apply it appropriately.

I am not really sure how to make sense of your question to be quite honest. Surely it would depend on what metric you are referring to.

I don't think human beings are the most important thing in the world. My idea of a just social order is one where the interests of the environment and all animals, including humans, are looked after as best as possible. I believe personhood is what confers particularly important moral status to the lives of human beings, but it does not follow from this that no other creatures meet this criteria, nor does it follow that no consequentialist considerations could render the lives of some persons as less morally important than other factors in some circumstances.

Morality is an incredibly complex topic, it is reductionist to attempt to define it in terms of a single type of biological organism being unequivocally more important in every respect than everything else which exists.

Morality is an incredibly complex topic, it is reductionist to attempt to define it in terms of a single type of biological organism being unequivocally more important in every respect than everything else which exists.
My views are very simple, you don't need to read shit to understand them.

psychadelicsoul, your "views" appear to make an assumption based on a pre-conventional stage of moral development. Why is this so?

o_gold__hathor_by_mysticalmike.jpg

I liked meditating on this. I don't know what it is exactly (cat/human?) but it's ensouled with God-consciousness in some way. Like a natural scenery.

Yeah, I think its a pharoah mask. If anything, I think it resembles a cat/cobra/goddess. Or something....:\

I was going to mention that we should try and keep the thread 'on-topic' but then I realised what thread we are in :D