View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Scale?

Stoney Baloney

Greenlighter
Can someone help me and put together a list of every psychedelic they know of, in order from least powerful to most powerful? Im aware of the basic ones, I want a bigger list though. Thanks!

If you are asking which ones are the most powerful, look no further than DMT. 40mg will send you into hyperspace. Salvia is technically stronger per weight of active substance, but salvia is also technically a dissociative. As for common drugs, LSD is active at around 40 millionths of a gram.

If you are asking which ones are the most powerful, look no further than DMT. 40mg will send you into hyperspace. Salvia is technically stronger per weight of active substance, but salvia is also technically a dissociative. As for common drugs, LSD is active at around 40 millionths of a gram.

I am aware that DMT is the most powerful, but im looking for a list from least powerful experience, to strongest experience. I am sorry for confusion

I don't really think you realize quite how long of a list that would be.
Erowid is a pretty good list of most psychedelic substances, although it is rarely updated and still incomplete

www.erowid.org

It's not that simple, even if you want to make that long list: questions like whether to account for potency differences by different dose levels when comparing make it very difficult and even not so helpful to compare EC50 levels - like comparing apples and oranges and.. other fruit.

IMO best you can do is maybe make a few categories with intensity levels referring to tendency to immerse. You can start yourself by checking out the list threads of least and most powerful psychedelic\;

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=303410
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=291014

What are you hoping to achieve anyway? Or use the list for?

"Powerful" is a relative term, I suspect everyone would have a different list.

A bit yeah, but at the same time experienced trippers should recognize potential or lack thereof and not mistake them for results: e.g. you certainly CAN push 2C-C to great heights but that really doesn't mean that it's one of the heavy caliber ones.
Also if we had the data we could make it about statistics, that would make the potential more quantifiable. We could talk about what tends to happen.

Some of them are really quite hard to use without them immediately degrading your ego where you stand, or going straight for 'destinations' like 5-MeO-DMT's tendencies to go for the ultimate and archetypal.

So I'd say with the lines being blurry as hell you could at least make three categories of psychedelics that are:
- quite hard-pressed to affect your sense of self or reality
- full of potential but not forcibly so
- hardcore at any rate

And I have to say it inevitably parallels Shulgin's scale quite well that way (as target tendency only).

For me personally it would be:

+ :

2C-D
2C-T-21
2C-C
MiPT

++ :

4-HO-DiPT
DiPT
2C-B
4-HO-MET
AL-LAD
AMT
2C-I
4-HO-MiPT
5-MeO-DiPT
5-MeO-MiPT
2C-T-2
25D-NBOMe
25C-NBOMe
Mescaline
2C-T-7
LSZ
LSD
DOC
DOB
2C-E
4-HO-DMT / 4-AcO-DMT
Salvia (in most cases +++ but this is actually because people overdose extremely often)

+++ :

DMT
DPT
5-MeO-DMT

I realize the middle category is huge but I still put it in order ;) just not sure how to categorize there.

Last edited:
My list of potentially ego destroying things-

- - - : Lowest potential /

Alcohol
Caffeine
Nicotine
Kratom/Opiates
MDPV

- - : Very little potential

Cocaine
Amphetamine
Propylhexadrine

- : Some potential

Methylone
4-MEC
Mephedrone
3-FPM
25c

+ : High potential

MDMA
25i
5-meo-mipt
6-apb
3c-e
2c-e
2c-i

++ : Higher potential

2c-b
4-aco-dmt
LSD
AL-LAD
MXE
Ketamine

+++ : Highest potential

Shrooms
DXM
3-meo-pcp

++++ : Inevitable

DMT
Salvia
Nitrous
Combinations

This subjective analysis is entirely imagined, and assumes an individual set and setting for each substance. So, just as I haven't smoked a DMT bong while switching lanes on the interstate, I wouldn't shoot heroin amidst a long meditative excursion. Intention and execution generally predict the effects.

This also assumes no IV administration. Which could really shuffle the deck

Last edited:
On a microgram-for-microgram basis, the most powerful psychedelic would probably be ETH-LAD (the 6-ethyl homologue of LSD), which produces threshold effects at even lower doses than plain old LSD-25.

However, even here the case is not entirely clear-cut: At low to normal doses, ETH-LAD will induce relatively strong visual hallucinations, but not necessarily affect the user as strongly on a cognitive or emotional level as LSD does. At high doses, it seems to be less likely to cause the ego-shattering effects of a high-dose LSD trip, but some users consider it a more challenging drug for that reason, as one has to experience profound sensory and cognitive disturbances with their ego still relatively intact.

If it is this hard to compare even very closely related drugs, you can imagine how hard it is going to be to identify the "most powerful" tryptamine, and how much harder it is going to be once you also want to consider all the other serotonergics, and how much harder than that it is going to be once you also want to compare them to other classes of psychedelics like GABAergic hallucinogens, NMDA-antagonistic dissociatives, anticholinergic deliriants, and various drugs that combine multiple modes of action.

Last edited:
Can someone help me and put together a list of every psychedelic they know of, in order from least powerful to most powerful? Im aware of the basic ones, I want a bigger list though. Thanks!

I am aware that DMT is the most powerful, but im looking for a list from least powerful experience, to strongest experience. I am sorry for confusion
You have, IMO, left some ambiguity as to what you are asking.
First you want the most powerful psychedelic, which would imply how much substance it takes to get you high.
Then, you say the strongest experience...totally different.
My storngest experience and I have had more than a few, was with 50 HBWR seeds, but it isn't the "most powerful" psychedelic...clarify, please.
The first one is easy...google it.
The second , however, is totally subjective and may NEVER be answered, except by each individual and even then it will probably depend on the moment you ask it...IMO/FWIW.

Where would you place nitrous in this scale? Nitrous alone, not in the combination. The weakest one?

Any true psychedelic is capable of transporting you to other realities and shattering your ego in the proces. But it's not the "quantity" of the experience that matters. It's the quality. I know of no other psychedelic's that are as enjoyable as Mescaline, LSD and ayahuasca. NMDA-antagonists and salvia will help you escape this world, and they'll diminish your awarenes. These substances though, will heighten your awareness and make you experience the sheer beauty of existence. No other substance i know of, comes anywhere near what you can experience on these ones, when it comes to pure delight, joy, euphoria and bliss.

What is the 'quantity of the experience' if you don't mind me asking a hopefully dialectic question?

My point being: it's easy to recognize a wholefully high Quality experience such as a 5-MeO-DMT flash, but I have much less grasp on what we seem to reject as hollow, pointless or what masquerades in 'low quality' experiences...

On another note, it will probably be hard to use another person's 'psychedelic scale' if your intentions or purposes don't match. Can we place a psychedelic's potential above our differences in preference and say that it is "high quality" whatever it was that the tripper was looking for?

We would either presume that some psychedelics are extremely versatile and very likely to meet one's 'needs', or that most people are basically looking for the same thing, whether they know it or not. The latter seems condescending.

Last edited:
What is the 'quantity of the experience' if you don't mind me asking a hopefully dialectic question?

My point being: it's easy to recognize a wholefully high Quality experience such as a 5-MeO-DMT flash, but I have much less grasp on what we seem to reject as hollow, pointless or what masquerades in 'low quality' experiences.
Well, i mean that mushrooms for instance, though they are visually quite powerfull, are not anywhere near as euphoric as LSD or mescaline. MDMA, though pretty euphoric, is quite pedestrian in that it doesn't realy transport you to another reality. Ketamine may do that, but then again, it lowers your awareness so you don't enjoy it as much as you could. LSD mescaline and ayahuasca are the only substances i know, that will transport you to another reality, in a state of euphoria and bliss, while being hyper aware of what's going on. What more could a person want from a psychedelic substance?

Genuine LOL
That DMT is no joke

It's a hell of a lot nicer than Salvia. DMT is like getting on the Enterprise and heading off to space at warp 10, with Salvia its more like you are strapped to a nuclear weapon and blasted into a wall!

Well, i mean that mushrooms for instance, though they are visually quite powerfull
are not anywhere near as euphoric as LSD or mescaline. MDMA, though pretty euphoric, is quite pedestrian in that it doesn't realy transport you to another reality. Ketamine may do that, but then again, it lowers your awareness so you don't enjoy it as much as you could. LSD mescaline and ayahuasca are the only substances i know, that will transport you to another reality, in a state of euphoria and bliss, while being hyper aware of what's going on. What more could a person want from a psychedelic substance?

In my experience I find Liberty Caps much more Euphoric than LSD.

A little MXE about half way into a lysergic trip produces very intense results.

My list of potentially ego destroying things-

- - - : Lowest potential /

Alcohol
Caffeine
Nicotine
Kratom/Opiates
MDPV

- - : Very little potential

Cocaine
Amphetamine
Propylhexadrine

- : Some potential

Methylone
4-MEC
Mephedrone
3-FPM
25c

+ : High potential

MDMA
25i
5-meo-mipt
6-apb
3c-e
2c-e
2c-i

++ : Higher potential

2c-b
4-aco-dmt
LSD
AL-LAD
MXE
Ketamine

+++ : Highest potential

Shrooms
DXM
3-meo-pcp

++++ : Inevitable

DMT
Salvia
Nitrous
Combinations

This subjective analysis is entirely imagined, and assumes an individual set and setting for each substance. So, just as I haven't smoked a DMT bong while switching lanes on the interstate, I wouldn't shoot heroin amidst a long meditative excursion. Intention and execution generally predict the effects.

This also assumes no IV administration. Which could really shuffle the deck

This is what I was looking for. Thankyou!

Here's my list, ranking "psychedelic power"!! Only including the things I've gotten to know intimately enough to assign a rank.

[least power]
2c-b
2c-d
5-meo-mipt

[mid power]
al-lad
mdma
mescaline
4-aco-dmt
magic mushrooms
2c-e

[most power]
eth-lad
lsd
dpt

It's a bit difficult but fun to rank them like this. Each chemical really does have it's own strength and unique power, but this is roughly how I would stack them looking at overall psychedelic power. This list is biased by my own set of individual trips, at the dosages I chose to try them at!

I'll play along...

Least powerful:
2C-B, C, D
4 ho met
AL-LAD
Mescaline

Mid:
4 aco DMT
Mushrooms
4 ho mipt
LSD

Most powerful:
DMT
High dose LSD or mushrooms

That's a small sampling of about 2 dozen psychs I've tried.
It can be dose dependent.
YMMV