Recruiting Psychedelic research survey

Dylan.b003

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.

I am a 4th year student from Swinburne University in Melbourne Australia.

We are currently recruiting participants to engage in a study focussing on the relationship between naturalistic psychedelic use, meditation, nature relatedness, integration of trip and other variables. We are needing a large sample for meaningful results, it would be very much appreciated if you took the time to engage in our survey.

Title:"Psychedelics and Personal Growth: Investigating the Role of Ego-Dissolution, Mystical Experience, Meditation, and Integration”.

The goal of this study is to better understand how psychedelic experiences may impact our relationship with the environment. We want to learn more about how experiences like feeling connected to nature or the universe, losing a sense of self, and the environment in which the experience takes place, may affect pro-environmental behaviours. We also want to look at how prior meditation practice might influence these experiences. Additionally, we are interested in exploring whether having certain intentions for the psychedelic experience might affect the likelihood of losing a sense of self and whether actively processing the experience after it happens predicts greater well-being and interest in meditation.

The survey will take approximately 45-60 minutes. All responses are completely anonymous, and there will be no way to identify you from your response. You are free to stop at any time and withdraw from the study if you wish by closing your browser. Any incomplete responses will be deleted and only complete responses will be analysed. If you have any questions, please contact the CI, Dr James Williams – [email protected]

Link:
https://swinuw.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_295BW97Sba3bwii

ETHICS from Swinburne University:
"The ethics application for your project Psychedelics and Personal Growth: Investigating the Role of Ego-Dissolution, Mystical Experience, Meditation, andIntegration has been approved.

Chief Investigator: James Williams
Ref: 20237105-15528
Approved Duration: 22/05/2023 to 22/05/2025

-I refer to the ethical review of the above project protocol by Swinburne's Human Research Ethics Committee (SUHREC) or its sub-committees.
-I am pleased to advise that, as submitted to date, the project may proceed in line with standard on-going ethics clearance conditions outlined below.
-The approved duration is as shown above unless an extension request is subsequently approved.
-All human research activity undertaken under Swinburne auspices must conform to Swinburne and external regulatory standards, including the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2018) and with respect to secure data use, retention and disposal.
-The named Swinburne Chief Investigator/Supervisor remains responsible for any personnel appointed to or associated with the project being made aware of ethics clearance conditions, including research and consent procedures or instruments approved. Any change in Chief -Investigator/Supervisor, and addition or removal of other personnel/students from the project, requires timely notification and SUHREC endorsement.
-The above project has been approved as submitted for ethical review by or on behalf of SUHREC. Amendments to approved procedures or instruments ordinarily require prior ethical appraisal/clearance from SUHREC for approval. SUHREC must be notified immediately or as soon as possible thereafter of (a) any serious or unexpected adverse effects on participants and any redress measures; (b) proposed changes in protocols; and (c) unforeseen events which might affect continued ethical acceptability of the project.
-At a minimum, an annual report on the progress of the project is required as well as at the conclusion (or abandonment) of the project.
-A duly authorised external or internal audit of the project may be undertaken at any time.
Please forward this approval certificate to relevant members of the project team."

Last edited:
Very cool.. have you received ethical approval if so please include that in your original post.

Welcome to BL!!

Hey,

Yes an ethics approval has been confirmed. How can I embed a PDF in the post?

Hey,

Yes an ethics approval has been confirmed. How can I embed a PDF in the post?
I have also had a little trouble with some PDF posts. If the platform is not allowing this just by posting the link to the pdf in your post then please copy a short portion of relevant approval into your op using edit. It keeps our community safe from sketchy research and should create more participants for your research. Please report back with a link to your results as many of us enjoy reading them!