• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic re-activating dead parts of the brain?

burn out

Bluelighter
I am wondering if anyone here has experienced this? Six year ago, I withdrew from a major benzodiazepine addiction. The withdrawal was horrific and although I never fully recovered. It felt as though parts of my brain (or mind from my point of view) just died and ceased to function. I did a lot of spiritual healing work in the past couple of years, trying to get myself back mentally healthy again but nothing I did seemed to wake up these "dead" parts of my brain. However, I noticed that sometimes when I would take psilocybin mushrooms it would feel like some of these dead parts would temporarily turn back on, although they would always go off again following the trip. But this was with infrequent and fairly low doses (2.5 grams).

This past summer I experimented with a regimen of frequent, higher dose trips (5 -6 grams of mush or 3 ft of San Pedro).

With each trip more and more of my brain would seemingly re-activate but then turn off again following the trip, until my last cactus trip one week ago. Since that trip, the dead parts of my brain seem to have remained active and conscious.

I should also note that while I am very pleased with this result, I don't want to come off as promoting psychedelics because I was also shown in a vision how my frequent tripping has damaged my light body. So psychedelics have some very powerful and good healing effects, but they also have negative effects on one spiritually as well. And it's not just me who thinks this, I was listening to a video by Ram Dass today and he said the same thing, which confirmed it for me. So it is with a heavy heart that I post this, because I am afraid this is my goodbye to psychedelics. They have healed me of what I needed to be healed from and continuing to use them now that I no longer feel I need them, will likely only hinder my spiritual growth and further healing. I did truly love tripping though and it's going to be something I will sorely miss. I might experiment with low doses at some point in the future, but right now I going to try to let the delegate balance I have going on in my brain stabilize.

I felt like a big part of my brain was fucked from all the smoked methamphetamine I used since I was 16, then at 20 I went to an ibogaine treatment center to get off Heroin, and after I did the flood dose I felt like my brain was at 100% again. So I definitely agree with you

the dead parts of my brain seem to have remained active and conscious.
this is a romantacization/mental construct and shouldn't be held as gospel.... i would bet money that PET scans would show that ur brain tissue was never "dead" at all ...

this is a romantacization/mental construct and shouldn't be held as gospel.... i would bet money that PET scans would show that ur brain tissue was never "dead" at all ...

thank you

i'm seriously though you guys

if bits of your brain died it would be like having a stroke. (not really like more just having)

you would certainly notice that

thank you

i'm seriously though you guys

if bits of your brain died it would be like having a stroke. (not really like more just having)

you would certainly notice that

Not if you were so damaged you didn't have the capacity to notice the damage anymore. The people around you though... ;)

Ok

Brain damage does normally require some sort of event such as a stroke or any anoxic event that leaves your brain tissue without oxygen

I think what the OP really means is when different drugs are overdone they can cause your neurons to be altered in the way they fire and also in the way they work.....I would imagine you can damage/destroy them also, which I guess could be labeled as some sort of brain damage.....I'm not a neurologist so I'm not an expert here.....just throwing out my limited knowledge on the subject