Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Psychedelic podcast

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Probably been asked before but looking for podcasts on psychedelics/drugs. Can be single episodes of regular podcasts eg. Dennis Mckenna on Jordan Petersons, Roland Griffiths on Sam Harris's. Nothing too credulous or mystical woo nonsense, interested in chemistry, research, history, etc. Please share 😀 🙏

Psychedelic salon has a great archive of Terence talks from over the years. The Drug Classroom has some great episodes. Anything with Hamilton Morris as a guest is probably a good starting point.

The Drug Science Podcast w. Dr. David Nutt, MAPS podcast, Hamilton Morris (most episodes require you to be a Patreon), Mind, Body, Health & Politics w. Dr. Miller to mention some faves.

The first few episodes of the misfits talk about their experiences on psychedelics and weed, its nothing too informative or genuinely interesting, its just funny banter between adult kids. They tell a story about how they go into a special service massage place in some Europeans country when they were fucked up on acid.

The above mentioned are pretty good, with Morris and The Psychedelic Salon probably the best ones, but honestly, content revolving around psychedelics gets a bit boring. There's only so many times you can listen to Hamilton talk about toad conservation or kratom as a safer opioid before it feels repetitious. Psychedelics are to be taken and admired, not discussed. I guess I wish there was more that we would know about the pharmacology of these things.

The above mentioned are pretty good, with Morris and The Psychedelic Salon probably the best ones, but honestly, content revolving around psychedelics gets a bit boring. There's only so many times you can listen to Hamilton talk about toad conservation or kratom as a safer opioid before it feels repetitious. Psychedelics are to be taken and admired, not discussed. I guess I wish there was more that we would know about the pharmacology of these things.
I just want something to break up the culture war and science podcasts I tend to listen to. The MAPS one looks like it has some interesting stuff, I checked out a recording of a talk by Dr David Nichols. Interesting stuff.