• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Music

Not bashing or anything but whenever I hear the term "psychedelic music" generally people are referring more to this kind of stuff

Anything/everything since 1996 by atom heart/uwe schmidt (preferably in a random playlist)

Honestly though, lately I've been caught in the notion that pretty much any and no music is psychedelic, mind manifesting music to me. It's all about the set and setting anyhow. Some people just like to label their productions somehow especially psychedelic, esp the rock/stoner community it would seem.

When you leave your place
and walk in someone others garden
suddenly you see
it's a warming colour in your mind to be

It's only a garden made of sandwich
marshmallows jumping around and smiling quiet
inside a stone of cream there is a language
bring our minds together, press them tight

The rainbow bridge sounds flashbacks of Caruso
beyond eleven dreams are dancing girls
for everything you feel there is a do so
your mind it is accepted, you are right

This track is perfect for tripping:

I love the last verse especially... Chamillionaire's voice and flow are so hypnotic in this track.
I never used to like chopped and screwed until I got into psychedelics and MXE.

Posted a couple days ago in the music on dissociatives thread, but same thing for all intents and purposes. Some of the most psychedelic music right now is psydub/psybass/psystep and whatever else they are calling it, it seems to be evolving too fast to be pinned down. Merkaba Music and Shanti Planti labels are great places to start exploring.

Nice input in here.

Although I personally think psychedelic music=audio hallucinations. ;) jk

Nice input in here.

Although I personally think psychedelic music=audio hallucinations. ;) jk

How about background music and video meant to promote hallucination, in 1080p?

Meant to invoke a sense of laying back and looking up at the sky, watch the colors come alive across a dark canvas of rolling clouds. Let yourself let go and see what you find.

Designed for use with hallucinogens and dissociatives, has been tested with DPH, DXM, morphine, and cannabis. Future screenings scheduled for next month.

Free audio track download here:

https://soundcloud.com/newportnews/on-the-other-side

I think psychedelic music can range from:

to this:

I prefer the latter if I'm in the mood for gas chambers and evil clowns. :)

Newportnews did you produce those visuals (if so what software was used, my guess is milkdrop but looks like they have been tweaked)?those are some choice psychedelic visuals, they accomplish the intended goal. Thanks for sharing!

Posted a couple days ago in the music on dissociatives thread, but same thing for all intents and purposes. Some of the most psychedelic music right now is psydub/psybass/psystep and whatever else they are calling it, it seems to be evolving too fast to be pinned down. Merkaba Music and Shanti Planti labels are great places to start exploring.

Ive really been digging a lot of psydub lately too. Its awesome. One of the few types of music I can really get into anymore. Good call!

Not bashing or anything but whenever I hear the term "psychedelic music" generally people are referring more to this kind of stuff

Someone made a chart with which rappers have the largest vocabulary in hip-hop. Aesop Rock stands with head and shoulders above the rest, I think his lyrics are rich enough to be considered psychedelic. Granted, the number of words doesn't necessarily mean a lot. MF Doom, for example, has a wider vocabulary than Shakespeare, but he mostly speaks gibberish.

Honestly though, lately I've been caught in the notion that pretty much any and no music is psychedelic, mind manifesting music to me. It's all about the set and setting anyhow. Some people just like to label their productions somehow especially psychedelic, esp the rock/stoner community it would seem.

Came in to this thread just so say that! I think that any music can be psychedelic to someone as long as it resonates with them. For example, Classical music has had a great effect on me during my trips, but so has House/Techno (think: Pachanga Boys or Dixon) and even hip-hop.

Last edited:
'journey to satchidananda' by Alice Coltrane will blow your mind on LSD.

Or, try Ultimate Spinach, a psychedelic rock band formed in 1967. 'Mind Flowers ' and 'The Hip Death Goddess ' are some good cuts.

these guys are criminally underrated, discovered them in my early days of smoking weed as a 15 year old space cadet %) good times