Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No, don't see the need

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, because of...

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Ernestrome

Bluelighter
I am going to help facilitate a psychedelic integration group. I was wondering if anyone here had attended one in the past and found it useful. Or, if you have not, was it only lack of access that prevented you? Would confidentiality and privacy concerns be insurmountable?

Maybe you would only attend if you had had difficulty and felt a need for support?

Many thanks in advance.

I kinda think of Bluelight as an integration group
I think online fora and discussion groups can be useful for that.

What exactly is a psychedelic integration group?

A place for people to discuss their experiences?
Yes, a facilitated group meeting where people can discuss their experiences and try to make some sense of them together, thereby integrating any learning that might come from it. For example, the Imperial group use a diving for pearls metaphor to aid integration after the experience.

I would love to attend some kind of Mescaline/peyote/cactus type of thing, or alone.
Definitely would attend ayahuasca and ibogaine..just because it's kinda hard to obtain as well. I loved JRE of ppl talking about their trips to such places..seems like they are beginning to develop into modernization, like a nice place with beds and shit instead of needing to canoo and hike to a remote location and trip with some strange shaman and locals(I think it would be an amazing experience of itself but might make my trip go sideways, or possibly even for the better..

I would love to attend some kind of Mescaline/peyote/cactus type of thing, or alone.
Definitely would attend ayahuasca and ibogaine..just because it's kinda hard to obtain as well. I loved JRE of ppl talking about their trips to such places..seems like they are beginning to develop into modernization, like a nice place with beds and shit instead of needing to canoo and hike to a remote location and trip with some strange shaman and locals(I think it would be an amazing experience of itself but might make my trip go sideways, or possibly even for the better..
Just to be clear, we're hosting what are intended to be post hoc/after the experience, integration sessions. We're not facilitating the experiences for groups of people to trip together. We had a few people attend who seemed like they had not tripped but were curious about doing so in future.

Some organised retreats incorporate preparation and integration sessions into the process whereas others do not.

Last edited:
What is the $$$ cost in attending these retreats ....and for how long ..thanks

I attended a psychedelic integration circle once because I admire and respect the host. I was not the audience, though. I've been tripping for decades.

I have a friend that just did his first guided trip. The protocol included one integration session afterwards, but he has a lot to process and almost no one to talk to. I think he is the audience.

There are thousands, and they're independent.

The one I went to was virtual and was by donation.

I would love to meet with fellow psychonauts. There are so many things to discuss.

But I guess there aren't that many of us In North Africa due to the rigid drug laws.

I'll be watching and cheering for initiatives like this.

i'd probably go to check it out just for the fun of it and to meet some ppl - but i don't see the need - for me anyway

I've gone to a mushroom ceremony once which took place over multiple days, so I guess that included the integration period.

I can't call it super useful, I mean I was one of the more knowledgeable people there anyway. I guess it was interesting to see the danger of people using psychedelics to strengthen their personal beliefs as to avoid critical thinking.. if nothing else that highlighted that there's certainly demand for the kind of integration deriving more from the wisdom of the crowd, or at least from more than purely individual thought.

Nevertheless I talked a bunch of crap too, mentally recovering from the extended shroom trip that only went well because of the group aspect. If integration is taken online that kind of noise gets filtered out more. Takes some pressure off the shaman of service too.

There's no good reason why someone with their shit together shouldn't host IRL integration sessions though.

I can't imagine anything less desirable than sharing my current state of psychedelic induced insanity with a bunch of strangers. I'm trying to pass as normal to strangers at least.

605.jpg

Psychedelic Integration: Grounding the Journey

🙏