View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Dream States

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I've been tripping for a couple years, and recently I've noticed something odd. Meditation seems to increase the frequency of these incidents.

The first thing I noticed is that the landscape of my dreams occasionally takes a very strange theme geometrically, which I first saw while tripping. I had been seeing all of these machines on a recent LSD trip, which had a very specific geometry of complicated straight lines and angles. During a couple of recent dreams, the land has taken this similar geometric theme, although not nearly as complicated as the machines with their thin metal rods and complex toolings. These landscapes simply share a basic level of uncommon geometry, including ravines that take on very strange patterns I've only seen on those machines I mentioned, and large dips in the earth with raised borders that were the shape of horizontally stretched hexagons, each with a small gap in the border (which connected them all in a way that would have allowed water to systematically flow into each of the dips separately over time), as well as rock formations that wouldn't be stable in real life due to their complexity. Sometimes I'll look to the sky during a dream and see many suns in stead of just one, which are in strange constellations which also share this geometry on some level.

Along with these psychedelic dreams comes a VERY odd sate of consciousness, although not every time. This will also happen to me more often when I meditate. For it to happen, I would have to be waking up from a dream very very slowly and without being aware. I'll wake up without realizing I had woken up and I'll be tossing and turning within my bed, but at the same time I'm getting these dazzling lightshows while half asleep. Ripples of thin lines of different colors of light display and repeat themselves all over my vision and if I end up waking up and opening my eyes, the whole world becomes absolutely covered in these colored lines of light which dance about. It takes about 45 seconds for them to slowly fade away once my brain fully wakes up and realizes that it's no longer dreaming.

So has anyone had this? Anyone know what causes it? It has gotten more noticeable with my HPPD, but I've never had anything like that happen just due to HPPD before.

Last edited: